• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen God that was painful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 2, 2014
Hey guy's so after stopping playing X Y for a while , i picked myself up a cheap DS lite and did a playthrough on emerald.

So at first the graphics were meh and the fights were dull but cmon that was expected i got use to it after a while though.

What really pissed me off was all the god dam confusing going on 24/7 and double team near enough every train and gym leader/elite 4 member use!

My pokemon where around level 39-41 by the time i hit victory road so i was way underlevelled for the elite 4 , so i went and caught raquaza in a master ball got dragon claw and swept them all completing it .

I have never wanted to finish a game more than emerald , i've come to hate 3rd gen now , all the surfing diving i just dont find appealing nevermind the GOD DAM GOLBATS why i didnt take more repels i dont know.

I dont even have the will to go catch latios groudon kyogre to transfer them to platinum when i buy it.

I'm going to move on to platinum but god dam emerald was just the most frustrating pokemon game i've ever played but i want to catch legendarys to take with me onto future game's , any tips trick's to catch them fast as possible and is there anything except battle frontier to do post game thats worth it?

Years
I remember playing emerald, and I know, for me, it was my least favorite game. Due to the double battles, and the pokemon leveling up low. It drove me INSANE! And trying to find the legendary pokemon was even worse, and I had the guide also. Soooo frustrating! Don't play it!! It was the worst EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
3rd gen was my favorite. I think it was the most fun to play, because it was difficult (Except FRLG..... they were easy.). The amount of surfing/diving did get a bit annoying, but all of the other aspects of the games kept me interested!
For your question, there is no really quick way to catch them all. It takes time. Route jumping helps with roaming legendaries, and I would have never wasted a master ball on Rayquaza, it has a much better use for the roaming legendaries.
Post-game? Emerald has Steven to go fight, he has level 70-80 pokemon, so have fun. Steven is worth it, because he is one of the few actually challenging trainers in the game.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So at first the graphics were meh and the fights were dull but cmon that was expected i got use to it after a while though.

Really? I love the RSE graphics.

What really pissed me off was all the god dam confusing going on 24/7 and double team near enough every train and gym leader/elite 4 member use!
What?

My pokemon where around level 39-41 by the time i hit victory road so i was way underlevelled for the elite 4 , so i went and caught raquaza in a master ball got dragon claw and swept them all completing it .

Did you train...?

I have never wanted to finish a game more than emerald , i've come to hate 3rd gen now , all the surfing diving i just dont find appealing nevermind the GOD DAM GOLBATS why i didnt take more repels i dont know.

Well there's repels and a move deleter if you dont wanna keep the water HMs..

I guess we have different opinions then :D, gen 3 is personally my favorite.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow, so negative! :( Be careful, a lot of people that post in this section are gen III fanatics. They might bite. ;) Kidding. Anyway, since this seems more like complaining than looking for help, I'll lock this. As for your question, save your Master Ball for Lati@s since they roam. That way when you run into it, you can just catch and go and not have to worry about hunting it down. Try the Repel method for it, as well. Make sure your lead Pokemon is level 39 and go to a patch of grass with low level Pokemon (I like the route above Slateport personally). Use your Repel and bunny hop in one place with the Acro Bike. Lati@s should show up soon. If not, just leave the area and come back. It'll show up soon enough.

I don't know any quick ways to get Kyogre or Groudon, unfortunately. You could check out the FAQ and see what's in there, but if nothing helps in that thread, feel free to ask in the Q&A thread.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back