• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Murder

Demi
Years
I am having trouble, the custom backsprites loaded into the game via unLZ-GBA are appearing with the wrong palette in game. (I believe it;s the pallet of the front facing sprite)

How do I fix this? I noticed the backsprite shown in unLZ-GBA is a shiny. I would think if the palettes are switched between the front and back sprite for shiny/none shiny that would make having the correct palette on the backsprite a lot harder.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
How do I edit the trainers graphics in a pokemon firered rom?
I've searched the internet on how to edit the graphics of trainer
sprites, but I haven't had much luck. A link or instructions will
do fine, all I need to know really is what to do.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How do I edit the trainers graphics in a pokemon firered rom?
I've searched the internet on how to edit the graphics of trainer
sprites, but I haven't had much luck. A link or instructions will
do fine, all I need to know really is what to do.
By graphic... do you mean sprites? If yes then UnLZGBA is your answer ;)
And then by A-Trainer all other things =)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2015
Tiles are messed up.

Hi,
I have the following problem.
When I play my Pokemon Leaf Green hack the tiles look like this:

//SEE SCREEN1.PNG

This problems only occurs when I set the Background Behavior Byte to 00 20

//SEE SCREEN2.PNG

Could this be because my tileset is messed up?

//SEE SCREEN3.PNG

I would appreciate any help :)

Thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hi,
I have the following problem.
When I play my Pokemon Leaf Green hack the tiles look like this:

//SEE SCREEN1.PNG

This problems only occurs when I set the Background Behavior Byte to 00 20

//SEE SCREEN2.PNG

Could this be because my tileset is messed up?

//SEE SCREEN3.PNG

I would appreciate any help :)

Thanks.

It seems to be because the tiles you inserted do not match the pallette of the Tileset EXACTLY 100%. If they do not match, then they come out like that.

Years
Also, in the champion battle script, or any trainer battle script, I can't find out how to change the battle music that's played. Does anyone know how?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
How do you make the pokedex into a national pokedex in the beginning of the game

Just click "Search Thread" and type in "National Pokedex," this is a commonly asked question.

My question: Is there way to edit the properties of a type without ASM hacking? (Whether it's Phsyical or Special, the name of the type, ect.)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Just click "Search Thread" and type in "National Pokedex," this is a commonly asked question.

My question: Is there way to edit the properties of a type without ASM hacking? (Whether it's Phsyical or Special, the name of the type, ect.)

Name of the type is interesting, as the name of the types are never actually named named. Only the icons tell the names (as well as scripts for the gyms), so theoretically, just change the icons for the names. For what they are effective to, there is a tool for that somewhere.

As for Special and Physical changing, I have no idea. That is probably just some Hex data somewhere, no ASM needed most chances. But, who knows, it could. As for adding new types without replacing old ones, that would require ASM.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How do you make the pokedex into a national pokedex in the beginning of the game

special 0x16F
In a script.

Also, in the champion battle script, or any trainer battle script, I can't find out how to change the battle music that's played. Does anyone know how?

I don't know how to check the music stuff. But last I checked, you can edit the music played with A trainer.

Automatonik

The Better Machine
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2010
Is RGB Starter Editor supposed to apply the changes to starters directly to the gb rom or do I have to do something to apply the changes? Because when I click "save" in the program, a dialogue box appears that says "Starters changed", but when I open the rom, the original starters are still there.

Automatonik

The Better Machine
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2010
It should apply them directly to the rom. IDK why it isn't... Unless you use a hex editor or another editor?

I don't use a hex editor.. And the rom I am trying to change the starters on is the original rom which I haven't edited prior to this. I tried downloading the starter editor AND the rom from other places on the internet, but it does the same thing. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with my computer, but it might if no one else is having this issue.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
You should start hacking with a hex editor since its way more safe and efficient than using all those single-specific tools: get a ROM Map, a .tbl and a good hex editor, and you'll see how better will everything look like.

Automatonik

The Better Machine
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2010
Alright, I'll do that. Also, thanks for the quick replies; they are very much appreciated!

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
help with this?

messed first:

attachment.php

here is good:

attachment.php

Help please

Attachments

• 0.PNG
    0.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 116
  • untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 119

howieho

Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
Two questions

1. How do I change attack animation graphics?

2. How do I change what an item does? For example, can I make an item that changes the weather when you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back