• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Poké Finder – the new Pokémon Snap-like game?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
I'm so thrilled to see it appear as a feature of a main Pokémon game.
I loved playing Pokémon snap as a kid, and I really can't wait to use this feature in SuMo!!

But unfortunately, I kind of debunks the rumours of a new Pokémon snap being developed for the Wii U/NX

blue

gucci
Years
I just LOVE how you can get thumbs up for your pictures, I'm so looking forward to trying that out. I know I'll end up taking thousands of photos like I do with everything.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
I LOVE THIS FEATURE! Can't wait to take pictures of every Pokémon out there :3 It's great to see some interaction with rotom as well!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Okay so this is pretty close to Pokemon Snap, which is a game I just LOVE and I think it is underrated. I know I'll take a lot of time to finish the game because I will always be looking around for Pokemon!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I think this is actually amazing!! I never got to play Pokemon Snap as a kid (sad life I know), so this little minigame will be able to fill that little void in my childlike heart (at least, until Pokemon Snap comes out for the Wii U Virtual Console in North America). I know I'm going to spend hours playing this, so I hope there's a lot of cool things about it! (maybe give us a pesterball aha).

smocks

fiat lux
Years
!! REALLY LOVE THIS FEATURE

I hope we get to take photos during battles/wild encounters if thats an option

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
My sister and I used to bond over playing Pokemon Snap when I was really little. She used to do most of the complex puzzles for me, and she was the only one who was ever able to photograph the ever elusive Mew. I can't wait for that extra splash of nostalgia while playing SuMo, I might even have to mention it to my sis and see what she thinks (she doesn't really follow pokemon games any more). Cool add on for the game overall!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Given that this system comes with a Like function, this is pretty much the Pokemon equivalent of Facebook and Instagram. I never played Snap either, so this is a fun alternative without me having to search the Internet for the actual Snap game.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
You know, an idea that occurred to me today was that the Safari Zone should make a comeback, as it would be the perfect place to take pictures of Pokemon. It could hold a bunch of different types of Pokemon. I'm really excited to play with this feature and I can't wait to see what kind of interactions the Pokemon have with other Pokemon and the environment. I wonder if we'll get Apples and Pesterball like things to have them do interesting things?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I never played Pokémon Snap myself but I thought the concept was really cool and interesting! Definitely looking forward to this, though I wish we weren't restricted to these designated photo-taking locations. Hopefully there will be lots of them, at least!

Years
I keep forgetting that this will be a thing in these games. After all, this news was introduced alongside the perplexing type:null, ultra beasts, time differences & version exclusives, new pseudo, and aether foundation hype!!!

I am actually super excited to see more 3d models incorporated in the overworld. I hope we will get to take pictures of our pokemon and alongside having photography competitions with other trainers. I can see Viola making cameo as a tutor, top competitor, and/or judge of the competitions.

It's nice to see GF has listened to the many Snap fans and incorporated into the game. I am expecting a bit more news on this feature in the near future.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It's nice to see GF has listened to the many Snap fans and incorporated into the game.
I was just talking to my friend about this earlier today. There was an interview some time ago where I believe Junichi Masuda was asked about the possibility of a Snap 2. And while he said he liked the idea, he mentioned it was out of their control because Snap was developed by HAL Laboratory, not Game Freak. So it really is a sweet gesture for them to allow for some photography in these games; they really do understand that fans want a Snap 2, and while they can't provide that, this is really the next best thing!

Years
I was just talking to my friend about this earlier today. There was an interview some time ago where I believe Junichi Masuda was asked about the possibility of a Snap 2. And while he said he liked the idea, he mentioned it was out of their control because Snap was developed by HAL Laboratory, not Game Freak. So it really is a sweet gesture for them to allow for some photography in these games; they really do understand that fans want a Snap 2, and while they can't provide that, this is really the next best thing!

I actually do understand you there, because everyone wanted a Snap sequel but because it was developed by another company it was something Game Freak couldn't materialize, so incorporating Snap features into the main series was the next best thing to do, and I guess it worked out very well in the end in terms of reception.

Back