• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Replays, Logs & Videos

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
My two new Poke-friends. Phoenix*Down and Karayan.
Phoenix*Down = Ho-oh
Karayan = Meowstic

EPKW-WWWW-WWXS-87X4

Please note that my opponent had a Meloetta in his party of 6. It was his option not to use it. Also Ho-oh was my only legendary in my party, so we were on equal footing.

Anti

return of the king
Years
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-157654

really enjoyed this!

offense vs. stall matchup. i felt like there were some really nice plays all-around with the only glaring misplay being the clefable switch into victini on wolfie's part, though otherwise we both had our moments (rip exca). otherwise, i particularly enjoyed the hazard game especially in mid game post-clef death when the keldeo was increasingly threatening and my rocks made it much more potent, especially against the bro, yet defogging meant giving the victini free switch-ins. kind of displays the difficulties stall has vs an aggressive offense when it is much riskier to make ballsy switches for the stall player, giving the offense player an easier time pressing the advantage.

was fun :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I cant help but think if wolf was running slightly more optimal sets it would have actually swung that match in his advantage.

Defog Scizor NEEDS U-Turn (it gives up a ridiculous amount of momentum otherwise imo and makes it trap zone bait AND works lovely with hazards up). If wolf had had it, it would have basically taken out Victini AND Celebi on a few of those double switches which would have made the match much easier and made it so you wouldnt have to keep switching into Keld every time. ;(

I was also curious why Knock Off wasnt used once by Scizor since none of Anti's team really likes Knock Scizor like at all and the only thing that can take a Knock is Altaria whom is shredded by BP or Gliscor who isnt immediately threatening when Chesnaught and Gyara were still alive. It would have made several of anti's pokemon alot easier to deal with.

Id also probably look at bolstering your Gliscor Defenses because its a unique pokemon who usually sticks around all match and punishes being passive so a consistent answer is imo obligatory. Chesnaught does ok against it except you cant touch it with it unless it has Wood Hammer (make it Roost then lol). Ice Beam Slowbro or CroDD (T-Wave is really random and doesnt help with any of Gyaras common switch ins or on stall at all imo) Gyara are also acceptable answers to it and it also makes a nice win con esp in this match up.

Id also look into a sturdy Ground type wolf. As a priority i always make sure i can cockblock volt turning well because it opens up games so much.

Lastly id look at a way to punish rapid spin. Non Ghost hazard stall is very easy to stop and ultimately exploit if they have spin. Id suggest rocky helmet on Ches or Bro or something to give you slight leverage in this regard.

Cool match tho. Dont fodder clef, ever! lol

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
definitely agree on u-turn scizor, doesn't remove the passivity of the mon but i think the momentum utility is much nicer for a playstyle that struggles so much in that aspect of the game. that would have indeed made my life much harder.

not knocking with the scizor was interesting. i made a few switches to gliscor expecting exactly that. i knew that i could win with altaria if the scizor died (the para makes it burn-proof and it's dd/2 atks/roost so barring bad parahax it's golden), so moves like that random frustration where the scizor was at like 88% (before sr) was specifically to force it to roost. i figured my double switches were safe because he couldn't afford to let the scizor get worn down (especially with iffy reliability due to the para) when altaria could mow it down if it got compromised too much. kind of a lose-lose there--woo offensive cores--but i see your point. there might be a few turns where i might have gone for the knock over defog (idr sry), but again, keldeo was just brutal when no lefties chesnaught and slowbro really don't like switching in and having my rocks up really facilitates that. as you're a more seasoned stall player than me, thoughts on handling the keld match-up?

also just on the clef sac, "too risky" aside, just from my point of view on staying in, had i switched out and you gone for slack off, my next keldeo switch-in would have been forced out since regen would have healed slowbro to 100%. i was attempting to bait you into trying to nab a flash fire boost so keldeo could tear ass with scald or hydro pump on its next switch-in. man keldeo is ridiculous lol.

omg tactical discussion can we pls do this moreeeee

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I cant help but think if wolf was running slightly more optimal sets it would have actually swung that match in his advantage.

Defog Scizor NEEDS U-Turn (it gives up a ridiculous amount of momentum otherwise imo and makes it trap zone bait AND works lovely with hazards up). If wolf had had it, it would have basically taken out Victini AND Celebi on a few of those double switches which would have made the match much easier and made it so you wouldnt have to keep switching into Keld every time. ;(
I use Knock Off for Mega Metagross. But yeah, Magnezone is incredibly annoying.

I was also curious why Knock Off wasnt used once by Scizor since none of Anti's team really likes Knock Scizor like at all and the only thing that can take a Knock is Altaria whom is shredded by BP or Gliscor who isnt immediately threatening when Chesnaught and Gyara were still alive. It would have made several of anti's pokemon alot easier to deal with.
Echoing what Anti said, I kept using Roost and Defog for Altaria and Keldeo, respectively. Specs Keldeo 2HKOes everything on my team if SR is up and Slowbro is weakened (damn burnnns!).

Id also probably look at bolstering your Gliscor Defenses because its a unique pokemon who usually sticks around all match and punishes being passive so a consistent answer is imo obligatory. Chesnaught does ok against it except you cant touch it with it unless it has Wood Hammer (make it Roost then lol). Ice Beam Slowbro or CroDD (T-Wave is really random and doesnt help with any of Gyaras common switch ins or on stall at all imo) Gyara are also acceptable answers to it and it also makes a nice win con esp in this match up.

Id also look into a sturdy Ground type wolf. As a priority i always make sure i can cockblock volt turning well because it opens up games so much.

Lastly id look at a way to punish rapid spin. Non Ghost hazard stall is very easy to stop and ultimately exploit if they have spin. Id suggest rocky helmet on Ches or Bro or something to give you slight leverage in this regard.

Cool match tho. Dont fodder clef, ever! lol
Thanks for the help. I changed a few things:

- Scizor w/ BP / U-turn / Roost / SD.
- Instead of Gyara, Latias w/ Psyshock / Defog / Roost / Reflect Type. Using Latias to help with Mega Manectric, Mega Heracross, etc. while still checking Landorus-I and Mega Charizard Y.
- Rocky Helmet Slowbro w/ Ice Beam.

I could use Hippowdon > Slowbro, but it leaves me more open to Azumarill.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I use Knock Off for Mega Metagross. But yeah, Magnezone is incredibly annoying.

Well you also have Slowbro so between U-Turns, Regenerator and Slowbro i dont see mmeta being an issue.

Echoing what Anti said, I kept using Roost and Defog for Altaria and Keldeo, respectively. Specs Keldeo 2HKOes everything on my team if SR is up and Slowbro is weakened (damn burnnns!).

Wouldnt Knocking Off on the inevitable Keld switch in have been a better choice then to make it hit like a girly man been better? :P

Thanks for the help. I changed a few things:

Comments in le bold.

Back