• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Discussions & Debates Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Cool, thanks for looking into that. And yeah, not just those ones; they just happened to be sat there when I was on the index. In general it'd just be nice if topics on US politics which don't absolutely have to stand alone were moved into one kinda catch-all thread so we don't end up with loads of fragmented discussions on the same thing. Maybe I'm overanticipating how bad it'll be, though.
Eh, even if it doesn't get that bad, it's still not a bad idea to merge threads together that all talk about basically the same thing. I'll keep an eye out for future threads.

Years
Eh, even if it doesn't get that bad, it's still not a bad idea to merge threads together that all talk about basically the same thing. I'll keep an eye out for future threads.

Personally I'd rather avoid jamming all threads discussing US politics together. There's a lot of very distinct issues in US, and all, politics that I feel warrant separate discussion without creating confusing messes of people trying to have twelve discussions in one thread.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Personally I'd rather avoid jamming all threads discussing US politics together. There's a lot of very distinct issues in US, and all, politics that I feel warrant separate discussion without creating confusing messes of people trying to have twelve discussions in one thread.
I don't mean US politics in general, just stuff relating to the 2016 election

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I hate to bring this up again, but all of the threads that've been active over the past few days are Trump threads (including one which was closed for just being a list of, well, Trump things). I get that it's a big deal to a big part of the member base but more than a month down the line do we really need a new thread for everything that happens with Trump? Like it could, again, all just go in a megathread. It just feels like this is "the US politics forum with the occasional other thing" now and it has done for months. :\

Years
If we want to talk about it why shouldn't we be able to talk about it? I wouldn't want to hijack a thread about one similar topic which was why I tried to get a new thread about general politics going (that included Trump but was not solely about him), being intentionally confrontational because I thought maybe that could get people posting. Maybe that was the wrong approach, I guess that's up to others in charge to decide. But given that Trump only just became president and that new laws and orders and other changes are only just starting to happen I think it's not unreasonable to have a thread or threads about them. My assumption was that people would rather see one thread than several small threads about each topic (barring perhaps some major topics of interest). We did have a rather long thread going during the run-up to the election so a similar post-election thread seemed reasonable to me.

If I'm off base about any of this let me know though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
If we want to talk about it why shouldn't we be able to talk about it? I wouldn't want to hijack a thread about one similar topic which was why I tried to get a new thread about general politics going (that included Trump but was not solely about him), being intentionally confrontational because I thought maybe that could get people posting. Maybe that was the wrong approach, I guess that's up to others in charge to decide. But given that Trump only just became president and that new laws and orders and other changes are only just starting to happen I think it's not unreasonable to have a thread or threads about them. My assumption was that people would rather see one thread than several small threads about each topic (barring perhaps some major topics of interest). We did have a rather long thread going during the run-up to the election so a similar post-election thread seemed reasonable to me.

Okay so I typed up the below and then realised that I'm not sure if you're actually responding to me directly here since your post seems to mostly reference your closed thread, which I've got nothing to do with. That said though, I'll just post it and let you take it with a pinch of salt if you weren't talking directly to me.

Judging by the first line in your post, you're a bit off base. I'm not in any way saying "don't talk about it". I'm saying consolidate it in a way which isn't a mass of threads spinning off the central theme of "Talk about what Trump's doing". I mean, I'm just speaking for me here but I find it ridiculously off-putting as someone who isn't American to be bombarded with thread upon thread of Trump. For example, there's no real reason why a thread like this, which relates to one single action that Trump's taken (given that he's gonna be taking, well, a lot of those) and in which the OP explicitly states is focussed only on Americans, needs a thread of its own. It could easily fit in a megathread - just like Brexit, for example (which is a much bigger deal than Trump for a lot of people), only had a couple of threads while the whole thing played out, and even that could've been cleaned up a lot. Like I say, I get that it's a big deal, but now that Trump is president it seems considerate to at least give the rest of the world a break by consolidating his actions post-election into one single thread.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

Are you talking about your locked thread? Or Alex's post? Or both?

Years
Personally, I don't like mega threads for in-depth political discussions. You can end up with like thirty topics all going at once, each requiring detailed deconstruction and it just ends up a confusing mess. I'd rather that each individual topic gets discussed like an individual topic because that allows us to focus on it properly. Not to mention a lot of these individual Trump threads tend to follow the logical line of discussion into wider issues such as the thread related to the ACA.

Honestly if you want to see more non-Trump threads, I think the way to go about it is to post more threads that aren't about Trump. Considering Trump is well... Trump, and he's making a lot of very sudden and drastic changes, I don't think it's unreasonable for a forum that primarily discusses politics to have a lot of threads about those changes though quite frankly.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ok so, it seems like the deal is that while I'm personally fine with a megathread, we're not gonna go that route and instead try to keep the place from looking like Trump Central via other means (merges, renames, making threads about other stuff)

Either? And both?
So, like I said in the above quote, megathread would've been fine by me, but I do agree with the locking of that thread as it was a little too broad ("Trump" vs "the whole of US politics") and it seemed more like a thread to complain about the government which isn't exactly quite what I'd call a RT thread

Years
Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".

"mods should appease me and my politics and should bend the rules of the section to accommodate conservatives no matter how factually void their posts are"

Sorry, but I thought you were against us as a community appeasing "generation snowflake"?

The truth is there are some great posters here who are conservative, who contribute to topics and put forward strong and well thought out arguments. It's just a fact that most of the people who are incapable of posting within the rules or who want their hands held because they're triggered by virtually everything also happen to be self proclaimed conservatives/right wingers. The bias isn't some love of the left, it's that time and again the people who the mods have to sanction are on the right.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
something nicer than what Trev said

Your contributions to this forum has been starting a third snowflake thread and commenting in the original one about how leftists aren't accepting because we don't let an obvious troll use the term "libtard." I'm surprised you're even on this forum still based on how obviously and poorly you're attempting to troll the people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Your contributions to this forum has been starting a third snowflake thread and commenting in the original one about how leftists aren't accepting because we don't let an obvious troll use the term "libtard." I'm surprised you're even on this forum still based on how obviously and poorly you're attempting to troll the people here.

Maybe I'm still here because I'm not a troll??? And no I do NOT agree with someone using the word libtard but calling me a troll isn't very nice either.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'll just say 2 things right now:

1) I think people are sometimes a bit too eager to cry troll on this site.

2) While the topic at hand is related to Kristaok, it's also more about Gimme and I's moderation of this section than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back