• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] anna draws

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
hi i figured i best make a showcase instead of just sticking all my stuff in the discord/ooc for rika's rp lol. not bothering to upload full quality or make css or nothin but. it's fine
newest stuff @ the top

art to do with rika's TRAINERS roleplay
& my own HOENN: SQUARE ONE roleplay

yall should read those bc WRITING IS ART TOO AND I WORK HARD ON IT

Spoiler:

vpp / other stuff i guess

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
thanks~ just dropping more stuff in; also put it in the first post like a responsible organized person

i just wanted to draw a sundress ft. casey [may 17 2020]
Spoiler:

lighting practise ft. casey and jordan [may 09 2020]
Spoiler:

casey+animal crossing 05 [may 07 2020]
Spoiler:

lighting practise ft. casey and jordan [may 05 2020]
Spoiler:

lighting practise ft. casey [may 04 2020]
Spoiler:

quick profile pic for casey [apr 30 2020]
Spoiler:

anatomy practise ft casey [apr 30 2020]
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
*anna draws casey

The sundress one is lovely, I love the feel and pose and everything 😍

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Casey does an Arianne cosplay *

Jokes aside, all of these are very cool! The lightning works well, too 😁

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
casey and sorley [jun 09 2020]
Spoiler:

we can call this lighting practise as well i suppose

ive fallen off drawing regularly... not good... i should be drawing every day and im not :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
casey vs beaumont [jul 19 2020]
Spoiler:

marie and tuie [jun 28 2020]
Spoiler:

ari emote [jun 16 2020]
Spoiler:

bruno emote [jun 12 2020]
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You have improved so much in such a short amount of time and I am genuinely impressed! Your hold on color, shading, and line art has gotten so much stronger since January! If I had one bit of criticism, it would be to include more texture into your pieces. Everything apart from objects meant to look fluffy feels like there all made out of the same material. I believe you're more than advanced enough in art to being practicing texture too! But I love how your characters are presented, I just wanna give Casey the biggest hug!! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Another piece of criticism I'm going to offer is to push your values further. Don't be afraid to make the darks dark and play with different highlighting colors. It adds some real dynamic dimension that, while you're certainly not lacking in, could elevate your art to the next level. Just something to think about!

Great work though, sincerely. I look forward to seeing what you some up with next!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You have improved so much in such a short amount of time and I am genuinely impressed! Your hold on color, shading, and line art has gotten so much stronger since January! If I had one bit of criticism, it would be to include more texture into your pieces. Everything apart from objects meant to look fluffy feels like there all made out of the same material. I believe you're more than advanced enough in art to being practicing texture too! But I love how your characters are presented, I just wanna give Casey the biggest hug!! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Another piece of criticism I'm going to offer is to push your values further. Don't be afraid to make the darks dark and play with different highlighting colors. It adds some real dynamic dimension that, while you're certainly not lacking in, could elevate your art to the next level. Just something to think about!

Great work though, sincerely. I look forward to seeing what you some up with next!
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ thank youuu

i really am like, completely lost in terms of shading and dont even know where to begin with texture tho; is there like. anywhere you can point me or any ideas u can give me, taking into account what you see here?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
No problem! You're not as lost with shading as you think, I promise. Just make sure to avoid 'pillow shading' (which I see a bit in the Ari emote piece). You can avoid this by drawing a little sun in the corner of where the light source is coming from and shading according to that! It's an old trick but I swear it helps.

Hair is a quick and easy example I can see here. Texture in art refers to how light bounces off of a surface. You can add additional texture to the hair by detailing it out into more defined strands. Making it look straight and smooth with more defined shadows and highlights — and same for curly hair too! Emphasize that your character Sorley has come proper 4b/4a hair by defining the curls more.

Here's a little further reading. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
dwebble [aug 21 2020]
Spoiler:

its all i got :/ i should be drawing more

eta: i did another

gmax pikachu [aug 21 2020]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i guess i draw pokemon now

stunfisk- regular vers and shiny vers [aug 24 2020]
Spoiler:

crustle [aug 23 2020]
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
charizard [sept 02 2020]
Spoiler:

charmeleon [aug 29 2020]
Spoiler:

munchlax [aug 27 2020]
Spoiler:

charmander [aug 26 2020]
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
am i getting lazy about posting? yeah. im also not drawing as many full images or anything so... anyway. here's a compilation. i think this is everything idk

rp - hoenn: square one
Spoiler:

rp - rise to the top
Spoiler:

rp - TRAINERS
Spoiler:

other
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
def most proud of the last two in the first spoiler <3

rp - trainers
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I really like your use of colours with the shades and the tints and it gives your pieces a soothing, relaxed vibe to them. Your last piece in your recent post reminds me of removing the colour of my digital pieces after applying the highlights and shading and gives it a neat almost monochromatic feel. Looking forward to seeing more! :]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I really like your use of colours with the shades and the tints and it gives your pieces a soothing, relaxed vibe to them. Your last piece in your recent post reminds me of removing the colour of my digital pieces after applying the highlights and shading and gives it a neat almost monochromatic feel. Looking forward to seeing more! :]
sorry it takes me so long to come back in here and reply but thank you! i really try to go all-out with colors haha i really want to be good with them :3 and that takes practise and such

anyway im here to post small updates :) i've been sick so not doing as much but i'm trying my best~

rp - trainers
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know I just said this recently, and I know I also said this in this thread already, but gosh you have improved so much!! I love how you're breaking out of your comfort zone and experimenting with new styles!

Back