• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Hi, sorry to bother you again, this time I'm having trouble applying both your patch and JPAN engine. Here's my Clean ROM after applying both patches:
- In the first screenshot, my character cannot interact with any object in the room, even the PC.
- In the second one, your mom is gone?
- And finally the Palette Town becomes buggy?
I wonder why, and I've tried many times yet still resulted in this before I even ask you. thank you
97pfcy.jpg

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hi, sorry to bother you again, this time I'm having trouble applying both your patch and JPAN engine. Here's my Clean ROM after applying both patches:
- In the first screenshot, my character cannot interact with any object in the room, even the PC.
- In the second one, your mom is gone?
- And finally the Palette Town becomes buggy?
I wonder why, and I've tried many times yet still resulted in this before I even ask you. thank you
97pfcy.jpg

That's what jpan's patch does... it removes all scripts and OW characters, and changes the warp...

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
I don't mean to be a bother, but do you have a version of the patch you'd be willing to share with just the Decap and PSS icons? I have a version with PSS and no icons, and I'm having no luck trying to put the icons in, and I only know how to decap move names, so it would be a big help. Don't get me wrong, I plan to use the full patch once a less buggy version is released, but I also want a version like I described, if it's okay.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Could you please provide a detailed document with the download that tells us exactly which new abilities and moves have been added?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Question:
I want to expand the rom I'm working with for a project.
Should I apply the patch before doing it or after?

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
First, thank you very much for Decapitalization!

Being somewhat of a grammar officer this is one of the biggest issues for me when I'm trying to make a hack. I would have had to edit tens of thousands of scripts to remove every capitalized name from the dialogue, but that still leaves Menus and a few events that I don't know how to reach within A-Map. This is a great weight off my mind, even if that were it's only purpose!

Second, Fairy type is amazing! This will help me create a more entertaining world regardless of the story.

Finally, a question. In the bugs section you mention that Charming Cry's animation caused the game to restart, but in a later post you said that this had been fixed in version 1.4a, which is currently available.
I am curious as to whether the bug hadn't been properly fixed, if the bug was a different one, or if you simply forgot to remove it from the bugs section.

Perhaps we will have a bug free version in the next weeks or months. I look forward to it.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day,
~Prixy

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
This is a very interesting patch, and very useful as well. I'm definitely going to use this in a hack I'm working on.

Something to note- firstly, I have a Butterfree with Tinted Lens, and when a move is resisted, it doesn't display the "it's not very effective" message even though in vanilla games, the message appears when a Tinted Lens Pokemon uses a NVE attack. (Though the attack itself is still boosted in terms of damage.) The ability works fine and it's a small thing, but perhaps something to be fixed in a later update.

A second thing, decidedly much stranger. I have a Snorlax in a Fire Red ROM that has your patch applied (so it's vanilla with your patch), and I'm fighting some bikers. Snorlax uses Strength- power 80- and its damage is vastly outstripped by Body Slam, power 85. And I mean, Body Slam typically deals 25% more than Strength. The same thing happens with my Pidgeot when its Secret Power- power 70- does more damage to a given Pokemon than Fly, power 90. Something about the HM moves seems to be weakening them, and I'm not sure why.

Also, you missed a few gen 5 buffs- specifically Bullet Seed is still 10 power and Fly was 70 until I manually changed it.

Finally, it mentions in the errorlog that attack-boosting items and moves don't work- it fails to mention that attack lowering moves also fail (FeatherDance, Intimidate, etc) and Guts doesn't seem to be working either. Neither does Sheer Force for that matter. (Though it might just be my bad judgement at figuring out how much damage an attack will do.)

Very useful patch, thank you for making it! Hopefully you'll iron out all the bugs soon.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Finally, it mentions in the errorlog that attack-boosting items and moves don't work- it fails to mention that attack lowering moves also fail (FeatherDance, Intimidate, etc) and Guts doesn't seem to be working either. Neither does Sheer Force for that matter. (Though it might just be my bad judgement at figuring out how much damage an attack will do.)

I think you have to look for 41ED0308 (As in the hex string), and change 41 to 49. I believe that'll sort things out.

Off-topic, but hello to a fellow Nuzlockite!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
I did the same thing, so you can. Make sure to apply THIS rombase first, or the tiles will be screwed up.

Oh.. But I already made a map.. any suggestions to how I can use that map AND this ROM base?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Oh.. But I already made a map.. any suggestions to how I can use that map AND this ROM base?

Save your map, goto File > Map > Save as. Afterwards, apply the patch to a clean rom, then add the rombase. Then goto File > Map > Open and insert it somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Call me an idiot but is there any way I can get this patch to work with Advanced Map 1.95?

Cool resource by the way.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Bugs:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
In response to the bold text: Have these bugs been fixed and the "Bugs:" section wasn't updated, or do the bugs still exist and there were previous issues that have already been fixed?

I am already using this patch in a hack that I'm working on (very early stages) so I'm curious as to whether or not I should add a note in game about this. (Still trying to find a way to do so without breaking immersion, any tips?)

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this awesome patch! I'm really annoyed at all the capitalization in ROMs so this patch really makes a difference for me! Thank you!

It's fixed but hasn't been updated. The changelog is just to let people know of the changes that will be coming once I release it.

If you want the fix now just search for the hex string 49 ED 03 08 in a hex editor of your choosing and replace the 49 with 41.

Back