• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Through the Aura

Bay

Years
That's a crazy standoff between the officers and robots there. And yes, there's going to be a lot of cleaning up to do after this haha. I feel kinda bad Heste's going to be out of commission even though we're getting close to the ending now. Looking forward to more!

Bay

Years
Last catch up for this story!

Ch 31 and 32

Lorende and Sorcen pretending to be grandfather and grandaughter was amusing. The mention of the people in the chairs with spikes sounds very suspicious, though (and even worse with children and injured being involved too). And wow over Sorcen and Lorende's demise at the end of the chapter.

Arkus rejoiced at the perceived opening. "It isn't too late to reconsider. We've already accomplished what we set out to do. Ath is dead, and now we can negotiate with the others. Humanity can be free again.

Forgot an extra quotation at the end there.

Doctor Reizbal's mention of Delta and the Order/Sinex explains some things. Would the six branches be based on each region in the main games? This is the second time Arkus changes form, but still quite a twist there. Also explains why everyone disappeared last chapter.

Ch 33

We need to stop! one zoroark said. More are going to die if we keep this up.

I'm assuming this dialogue is missing quotations or wasn't itaclized?

So Eck and the humans that died eariler got turned into Darkrai, huh? Pretty unexpected, to say the least. That's quite a wild chase between Arkus and Darkrai and can see why you're excited writing this. The part with the cleansing, I remember that back in the end of Through the Scope, heh. Interesting that came near the end of this story, too. Even though Arkus got the finishing blow, seems it's not over yet going by the last few lines there.

Ch 34 and 35
Well, looks like now Arkus goes from going against the zoroark to working with them. I do like the part where Arkus wants monetary support to family members of the deceased. As for the scene with Beta Agent 14, I do wonder what they'll do with Lorende's last piece of flesh there (well, it should be pretty obvious after she was being chased in a previous chapter) .

Hey, don't feel bad about having a series of fanfics as I know many authors that plan sagas and such too, haha. Guess I'll have to wait for more Dusk Brawler a while longer then. =P Yay on completing another fic, and looking forward to Through the Darkness!

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years
K, time to play catch-up.

When Dussell turned towards the CEO, he flinched. The ursaring had a pistol pointed at his own head.

"Don't come any closer, or I will shoot."

Don't do this, Nazrick. This will hurt someone.

Dussell couldn't fall asleep. His mind wandered through the Jennings report, calculating motives, predicting the next target, formulating arguments for his arrest warrant. His dreams were tense phone calls and frenzied undercover operations. Heste, hearing his muttering and feeling his all-too-familiar restless movement, went and got him another blanket.

D'aww...

"Well, I, it's, um, so sudden. It felt great at first, like a dream, but now it's so… real. Why me? You could've had anyone, but you picked me. Why? I'm not that pretty, my mother hates me, and I'm terrible around others. Why me?"

"I don't know. And you shouldn't be so hard on yourself." A moment later, he said, "I guess it's because you seemed as lonely as I was."

This is about where I'd be looking for the door if I were Alicia, because my mind parses his response, correctly or not, as "you seemed desperate". But I'm not Alicia. I haven't even got long hair anymore.

As her mother turned to leave, her dress got caught under her heel and she tripped, tearing a large strip off her dress. With mumbled curses, her mother collected her dress and stormed off.

Oops, I laughed.

The Father entered in a wheelchair. The left half of his face was worn away to the bone, and a gaping hole in his chest revealed his scarred heart. The scars oozed tiny droplets of blood with each beat of his heart. Plastic tubes stuck out from his right arm and chest, dripping a rainbow of liquids into his bloodstream. A system of pulleys suspended around his chair tugged the bones of his left arm into motion, pulled by tiny plastic strings.

Holy ****. Now there's an image...

Alicia held up her engagement band. "I'm ready." Then she felt a spasm of pain from her belly and doubled over onto the bed.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm just nauseous, that's all," Alicia said through gritted teeth. "It must be nerves."

I find myself disinclined to agree with her.

(Later edit: YEP. Called it. :D)

"It is done. You shall remain husband and wife until your deaths." The Father smiled and said, "I'm honestly surprised, Keith, that you went through the whole ceremony."

OOPS, BUSTED

Eck appeared behind the Father and placed his gauntleted hand over the Father's brow. He squeezed, and the Father's head burst into a fountain of blood, spraying the chapel with bits of bone and brain. The Father's body slumped forward and hit the floor.

Well now. That was delightfully violent.

"I'm so sorry." Alicia saw a tiny dark spark surge up his arm and into Heste. His body shook, and he began coughing up blood. The doctors rushed to his side and turned him over. He spat up a gallon of blood before his body shuddered and went still.

A silence fell over the room. Alicia held her breath, and she sensed the others doing the same. Heste stepped back from the bed and touched her belly. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Sorcen," Heste said, "What did he do?"

Sorcen stroked the scars on his cheek. "You're pregnant."

I'm glad humans can't do that.

The officers facing the door stopped in their tracks and saluted the zoroark. A pair carrying a mortar dropped their load, crushing a vigoroth's foot. He hopped on one foot and gritted his teeth while saluting.

Oops, I laughed again. Even though that had to smart.

The silence was complete. Pools of metal bubbled in jagged craters in the street, and smoke bellowed out from the rubble of the building. The police advanced cautiously and picked through the smoking rubble.

"Shit," Fale said. "This is going to take forever to clean up."

Understatement of the century!

Arkus panicked when he realized what would happen. "You have to stop before it's too late. Everyone will die if you try it."

"We have already done some preliminary tests, and the results were quite promising. We've also put plenty of safety features in place. Trust me; we know how dangerous your power is to others."

delights in the dramatic irony

"Destroy me. I was never meant to be made. I am a contradiction! I am the color of life and the pallor of death, I am the comfort of warmth and the pain of cold, I am the rays of light and the depths of never ending darkness. I am… I am… I am Darkrai!"

In hindsight, yes. That's exactly what the creature's introductory paragraph was describing, down to the last detail. But in the moment, I was surprised somehow. I managed not to see it coming.

Arkus raised his rifle and infused the bullet with dark energy. He fired, darkness flying out the muzzle as the bullet punched through the barrier and passed through Darkrai's eye. It screeched, and the police officers knelt to cover their ears.

Ow. Though I can't help but get the feeling that regenerating it hurt even more. Or hurt in its own way, at least.

A slight creak came from the door, and Arkus glared at it. "I swear to god, open that door any further, and I'll make sure you two never leave this hospital.

The door slammed shut.

snickers

That's one hell of an ending. I can tell you right now: back when I first began reading the preceding story, I would never have expected Keith to end up where and what he is now. Really, really makes me wonder what lies ahead for him.

Anyway yeah, this was a hell of a ride. Very glad I finally got to read the rest of it. :D

Back