• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✝ Obscuring Mist ✝ Ghost Pokemon Fan-Club.

Years
Username: AmericanWonderland
Partner Pokemon: Banette and Gengar
Reason for joining: I really love ghost types! Always have, and always will.

Pokemon of the Month: Haunter
Do you like Haunter? Why (not)?
Yes! It's one of my favorite pokemon, and the reason I fell in love with ghost types, actually.

Have you ever used the gastly-line in the games?
Yeah! Every game that I've played I used the gastly line!

Do you think Haunter is a rememberable pokemon?
Most definitely, from the games, the manga, or the anime, all of Haunters' appearances are memorable to me.

Favorite Ghost Type Move
I'd have to say Curse, as I love status moves like that that can inflict continuous damage.

Favorite Ghost Type Pokemon
I really love Banette, it has such an awesome design, and it's Pokedex entry makes it so much creepier and likeable as a ghost type.

Welcome! And thank you for joining ^-^
I'm sorry it took so long I was quite busy...

Banette is one of my favourite as well, I love it's pokedex entry especially because I kept all my plushes as a child because I felt bad for them.

Curse I quite a daring move because it drains your own HP, I 'm always bit on the fence using it.

Username: Azuhime
Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Froslass
Reason for joining: I enjoy the ghost type Pokemon because they have an immunity to Normal type.

Pokemon of the Month: Haunter is quite sweet, and when I was playing my Soul Silver Pokemon game, I had one on my team. I enjoyed having him there, and he helped me catch the Legendary Dogs with Mean Look. Woo.

Favorite Ghost Type Move: Shadow Claw has always been my favorite because of it's name. I used to go on a Warrior Cats forum before my wrist pains started, and the cats usually have a two part name, and Shadowclaw fit.

Favortie Ghost Type Pokemon: Gengar, because it has a mega evolution that looks okay. Gengar has been the first ghost chain with cool-looking ghost-types that aren't derpy like the newer ones.

Thank you for joining & Welcome. ^-^

Shadow Claw sounds very cool. I wished more pokemon learnt the move by leveling up.

May I ask which ghost pokemon you find looking derpy? (i'm quite curious..)

Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon:
354-m.png
478.png

Reason for joining: I've only recently started noticing Ghost Pokemon after hatching a shiny Pumpkaboo and just going wild over that. Using Dusknoir on my ORAS run was probably the first time I used a Ghost type on my main team. Ghost types are truly scarce, but each one is interesting. I regret not being able to use many of these before despite being fascinated with their designs.

Answer the current topic!
Favorite Ghost Type Pokemon:
qcU4bYM.png

Banette appeals to me because it's a possessed plush doll. It received a much deserved Mega form that expanded its specific traits without adding unnecessary spikes/tattoos/flowing hair and whatnot. I also love the purple.

hODOv9f.gif

Froslass is truly elegant and mysterious with a great design. I love the ice crystals on the top of her head, the ice patterns on her kimono, and love the red sash on her stomach.

itqNy7u.gif

Chandelure has a wickedly cool design as a haunted chandelier. The design of its face and mouth add a lot of character to this Pokemon. Again, I'm loving the purple here.

Favorite Ghost Type Move:
Shadow Ball. It was the first real Ghost type move introduced besides something like Gastly's Lick, Night Shade, and Confuse Ray. So, I'll always associate this as my favorite Ghost attack. It has a great move animation in GSC where it turned the screen black.

Hello fellow fans of Banette and Froslass!

I suppose I'll have to post my thoughts on Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar at some later point. I forgot Gengar even had a Mega evolution. :P

Welcome & Thank you for joining. ^-^

You are so lucky hatching a Shiny Pumpkaboo... May I ask how many eggs you hatched?

I hope you get to use more ghost-pokemon in the future, they are always lovely to have on your party.

Username: GhostTrainer
Partner Pokemon: Gengar & Duscnoir
Reason for joining: Love Ghost Pokemon
Answer the current topic!
Favourite Ghost-type pokemon- Probably Giratina, I really love his design.

Welcome ^-^ Thank you for joining!

Yes, giratina has a good design.

Years
Little Update~

This was the first week since the Pokemon Ghost Fan-Club opened!
I want to thank everyone for joining.

I'm still working on the CSS of the intro/members list of the group page.

If you have any ideas for topics or do you want a certain pokemon to be the next pokemon of the month please, tell me.
I have a few ideas for the future of the club so please stay tuned!

I thought this might be interesting; The following pokemon are choosen to be your partners:
5x Gengar
94.gif

3x Banette
354.gif

2x Froslass
478.gif

2x Dusknoir
477.gif

2x Chandelure

609.gif

1x Pumpkaboo
1x Gastly
1x Jellicent
1x Frillish
1x Co***rigus

Did you expect Gengar to be this popular?

Did expect people to choose are certain pokemon more or less?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome & Thank you for joining. ^-^

You are so lucky hatching a Shiny Pumpkaboo... May I ask how many eggs you hatched?

I hope you get to use more ghost-pokemon in the future, they are always lovely to have on your party.
Thanks! I hatched the shiny Pumpkaboo without even trying to shiny hunt and it happened so suddenly. I had caught a super size Pumpkaboo during the first week of play and didn't realize that until several months later. I was breeding for good IVs and the baby has 4 perfect IVs plus the right nature/ability. I had unlocked the shiny Charm at the time, but I was breeding using English parents.

Yep, I expected Gengar to be this popular because it was the first ghost type Pokemon. I expected someone to select Aegislash by now, though.

Do you like Haunter? Why (not)? Do you think Haunter is a memorable Pokemon?
Haunter is fun and I like the Gastly line. While not my favorite enough to use on an in-game team, I have bred and trained one competitively. I do think Haunter is memorable for being the first ghost family introduced, for being the primary encounter line in the iconic graveyard tower in Lavendar Town, and for having a great episode/arc in the anime where it helped make Sabrina laugh.

I wanted to donate some userbars for the club:

Years
Thanks! I hatched the shiny Pumpkaboo without even trying to shiny hunt and it happened so suddenly. I had caught a super size Pumpkaboo during the first week of play and didn't realize that until several months later. I was breeding for good IVs and the baby has 4 perfect IVs plus the right nature/ability. I had unlocked the shiny Charm at the time, but I was breeding using English parents.

Yep, I expected Gengar to be this popular because it was the first ghost type Pokemon. I expected someone to select Aegislash by now, though.

Do you like Haunter? Why (not)? Do you think Haunter is a memorable Pokemon?
Haunter is fun and I like the Gastly line. While not my favorite enough to use on an in-game team, I have bred and trained one competitively. I do think Haunter is memorable for being the first ghost family introduced, for being the primary encounter line in the iconic graveyard tower in Lavendar Town, and for having a great episode/arc in the anime where it helped make Sabrina laugh.

I wanted to donate some userbars for the club:

I envy you, I hatched over a thousand eggs and still haven't got a shiny pokemon... But I will continue on my mission. ^-^

I expected people to pick Trevenant, Mismagius, Drifloon, Sableye & Haunter sooner. Maybe in the future, we just started.

Thank you very much for providing these lovely userbars ^-^ I added them and of course credited you.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Little Update~

This was the first week since the Pokemon Ghost Fan-Club opened!
I want to thank everyone for joining.

I'm still working on the CSS of the intro/members list of the group page.

If you have any ideas for topics or do you want a certain pokemon to be the next pokemon of the month please, tell me.
I have a few ideas for the future of the club so please stay tuned!

I thought this might be interesting; The following pokemon are choosen to be your partners:
5x Gengar
94.gif

3x Banette
354.gif

2x Froslass
478.gif

2x Dusknoir
477.gif

2x Chandelure

609.gif

1x Pumpkaboo
1x Gastly
1x Jellicent
1x Frillish
1x Co***rigus

Did expect people to choose are certain pokemon more or less?

LMAO

Anyway, yes, I expected Gengar to win this. It's good competitively and in-game, is one of the originals and has a great design.

Years
Two New Topics:

Creepypasta involving ghost pokemon.

Pokemon has a lot of Creepypasta (Ghost-stories) a lot of those stories involve Ghost-type pokemon.
What do you think of these stories? Do you have a favourite? Or your own Theory/creepypasta involving (a certain) Ghost-type Pokemon?

Once Upon a Time, There Lived a Pokemon Called Mismagius

Instead of doing a pokemon of the month or week I decided to not do a certain period of time.
The Pokemon will stay till we are done talking about them and will change when the group hasn't been active enough. We will call it "Ones Upon a Time".

This time we will discuss Mismagius because it fits the new title perfectly.
Please tell me your tales involving Mismagius, What do you think of the evolution of Misdreavus introduced in gen 4?
d7e7cd0b7838f9eec6229b77b07efa4b.jpg

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Hello there, I think I'll be joining this club.

Username: H.A.N.
Partner Pokemon:
609.png
709.png

Reason for joining: I love ghost Pokémon, they're mysterious. Their resistance against normal, the type about every Pokémon is able to learn moves in, makes ghost Pokémon interesting to fight against.
Answer the current topic! I put some topics below.

What are your favorite ghost type Pokémon?
092.png
093.png
094.png

To start, I like the whole evolution line of Gastly. The weird thing about these three Pokémon is they change a lot during evolution. Gastly is a cool creepy looking black orb with ominous purple gas floating around it. Then Haunter is an evil beast with two claws floating separate from its body, which looks awesome. Gengar is just an evil mastermind. It's a pity its hands got stuck to its body and are no cool claws anymore.
609.png
607.png

Litwick is a cute little candle Pokémon, yet it is a real trickster. It acts entirely like will-o'-wisps, luring people lost in darkness away from their path with their light, pretending to be a guiding person. Only difference is that will-o'-wisps just think it's funny to lure people into swamps, but Litwick absorb life from the people to make the candle burn. Cruel. Chandelure is a great upgrade for a candle, a chandelier. Chandeliers are very fancy, and what's cooler than a spooky possessed one?
The reader has probably noted I didn't mention Lampent here. This doesn't mean I don't like Lampent, that would absolutely be false. Point is, I don't think it is especially great. It is a necessary middle evolution, otherwise the evolution makes a quick jump, but Lampent misses the cuteness and mischievousness of Litwick, but isn't yet something fancy as a chandelier.
708.png
709.png

Phantump looks just as an forest spirit haunting around and protecting the forest, scaring trespassers away from their home. Looking at Trevenant, the spirit has morely possessed a tree forming a treant, a human/tree being, being an more badass forest guardian.

What is your favorite ghost type move?
It's Shadow Ball, the best reliable move of the ghost type.

Once... Mismagius
Mismagius indeed is a real mage, that hat and the robes give the typical look. I have never used one, because the only Gen IV game I have played was Diamond in which it was unobtainable. If I were to play Pearl sometime, there will be a good chance I would use a Mismagius on my team.
Misdreavus really lacked decent stats and there wasn't really a point to use it aside from the signature move Pain Split, so Mismagius showed as a welcome addition. With Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam it can learn a good variety of different types of moves, all special based and therefore easily combined with Calm Mind. It lacks physical attack, but that wouldn't be of a good use actually, which makes its only real weakness its low defense.

Well, that appeared to be quite a long post.

Last edited:
Years
Hello there, I think I'll be joining this club.

Username: H.A.N.
Partner Pokemon:
609.png
709.png

Reason for joining: I love ghost Pokémon, they're mysterious. Their resistance against normal, the type about every Pokémon is able to learn moves in, makes ghost Pokémon interesting to fight against.
Answer the current topic! I put some topics below.

What are your favorite ghost type Pokémon?
092.png
093.png
094.png

To start, I like the whole evolution line of Gastly. The weird thing about these three Pokémon is they change a lot during evolution. Gastly is a cool creepy looking black orb with ominous purple gas floating around it. Then Haunter is an evil beast with two claws floating separate from its body, which looks awesome. Gengar is just an evil mastermind. It's a pity its hands got stuck to its body and are no cool claws anymore.
609.png
607.png

Litwick is a cute little candle Pokémon, yet it is a real trickster. It acts entirely like will-o'-wisps, luring people lost in darkness away from their path with their light, pretending to be a guiding person. Only difference is that will-o'-wisps just think it's funny to lure people into swamps, but Litwick absorb life from the people to make the candle burn. Cruel. Chandelure is a great upgrade for a candle, a chandelier. Chandeliers are very fancy, and what's cooler than a spooky possessed one?
The reader has probably noted I didn't mention Lampent here. This doesn't mean I don't like Lampent, that would absolutely be false. Point is, I don't think it is especially great. It is a necessary middle evolution, otherwise the evolution makes a quick jump, but Lampent misses the cuteness and mischievousness of Litwick, but isn't yet something fancy as a chandelier.
708.png
709.png

Phantump looks just as an forest spirit haunting around and protecting the forest, scaring trespassers away from their home. Looking at Trevenant, the spirit has morely possessed a tree forming a treant, a human/tree being, being an more badass forest guardian.

What is your favorite ghost type move?
It's Shadow Ball, the best reliable move of the ghost type.

Once... Mismagius
Mismagius indeed is a real mage, that hat and the robes give the typical look. I have never used one, because the only Gen IV game I have played was Diamond in which it was unobtainable. If I were to play Pearl sometime, there will be a good chance I would use a Mismagius on my team.
Misdreavus really lacked decent stats and there wasn't really a point to use it aside from the signature move Pain Split, so Mismagius showed as a welcome addition. With Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam it can learn a good variety of different types of moves, all special based and therefore easily combined with Calm Mind. It lacks physical attack, but that wouldn't be of a good use actually, which makes its only real weakness its low defense.

Well, that appeared to be quite a long post.

I'm very very very sorry with how late I respond to your request, I went away for couple of days to visit my parents.
But I added you to the members-list, Welcome & Thank you for joining.

You choose some wonderful pokemon to be your favourite. I'm quite font of those lines my-self and used them quite often. ^-^

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
Partner Pokemon: Haunter and Rotom

Reason for joining: Ghost is probably one of my favourite types as there's so much to discuss about them. I've always really liked looking at the backstories of various pokemon and ghost's arguably the most interesting out of the bunch. Whether they're portrayed as the base of creepypastas or as the undead spirits of the pokeverse, I've always liked how mystifying they were. Though I was horrified of them at first, I eventually grew to appreciate their stories and designs.

Favourite ghost type pokemon?

Rotom! It's a great example of spirits being able to posess inanimate objects. The household appliance idea was really cool as well and it added a lot to the ominious and supernatural feel of the Old Chateau.

Out of all the forms, my favourite would probably be the original though I've always liked Rotom-W for looking so bubbly. The different conversions make it feel similar to Eevee in the regard that there's tons of forms though Rotom can switch between them at any time as opposed to evolving. It's pretty cool. :]

Creepypastas involving Ghost Type Pokemon

Honestly don't follow many creepypastas as they usually leave me sleepless for a few nights but I remember a lot of them focusing around the darker ideas of pokemon. As the idea of ghosts in the real world has always had stories and tales to go behind them, the same applies for the pokeverse.

But to answer the actual topic, I can't think of any that focus around specific ghost pokemon. I do remember a creepypasta that went by the name of Pokemon Creepy Black where the trainer used the sprite of the ghost from Pokemon Tower in R/B/Y. You'd go through the game as usual though as opposed to battling, your 'Ghost' was given only the ability to use Curse, a move that'd effectively kill the opponent's pokemon and eventually the trainer themselves. The end game would conclude with a world devoid of trainers and pokemon due to your actions and the ghost would attack the defenseless main character. Cheerful, right? It's an interesting concept and one I really liked though.

The Pokemon of Once Upon a Time: Mismagius

Am I the only one who thought Mismagius was originally a ghost-like jellyfish? Not in the same way as Jellicent but it had sort of the same structure haha. :(

I think it does resemble a mage though! It has access to a wide range of coverage and though that doesn't really mean much, it's sorta like how wizards have different elemental spells and abilities at their disposal. And looking at it in a new light makes it look like its dressed with an appropiate hat and everything.

As for the actual pokemon, I haven't used one. From memory it was only available in Pearl and I only had Diamond/Platinum at the time. I think it's interesting though and one I'd definitely try in the near future. Also is it just me or are a lot of ghost types wonderfully purple? It's one of the other reasons why I really like them, they're such pretty colours. :D

Years
Username: Aslan
Partner Pokemon: Haunter and Rotom

Reason for joining: Ghost is probably one of my favourite types as there's so much to discuss about them. I've always really liked looking at the backstories of various pokemon and ghost's arguably the most interesting out of the bunch. Whether they're portrayed as the base of creepypastas or as the undead spirits of the pokeverse, I've always liked how mystifying they were. Though I was horrified of them at first, I eventually grew to appreciate their stories and designs.

Favourite ghost type pokemon?

Rotom! It's a great example of spirits being able to posess inanimate objects. The household appliance idea was really cool as well and it added a lot to the ominious and supernatural feel of the Old Chateau.

Out of all the forms, my favourite would probably be the original though I've always liked Rotom-W for looking so bubbly. The different conversions make it feel similar to Eevee in the regard that there's tons of forms though Rotom can switch between them at any time as opposed to evolving. It's pretty cool. :]

Creepypastas involving Ghost Type Pokemon

Honestly don't follow many creepypastas as they usually leave me sleepless for a few nights but I remember a lot of them focusing around the darker ideas of pokemon. As the idea of ghosts in the real world has always had stories and tales to go behind them, the same applies for the pokeverse.

But to answer the actual topic, I can't think of any that focus around specific ghost pokemon. I do remember a creepypasta that went by the name of Pokemon Creepy Black where the trainer used the sprite of the ghost from Pokemon Tower in R/B/Y. You'd go through the game as usual though as opposed to battling, your 'Ghost' was given only the ability to use Curse, a move that'd effectively kill the opponent's pokemon and eventually the trainer themselves. The end game would conclude with a world devoid of trainers and pokemon due to your actions and the ghost would attack the defenseless main character. Cheerful, right? It's an interesting concept and one I really liked though.

The Pokemon of Once Upon a Time: Mismagius

Am I the only one who thought Mismagius was originally a ghost-like jellyfish? Not in the same way as Jellicent but it had sort of the same structure haha. :(

I think it does resemble a mage though! It has access to a wide range of coverage and though that doesn't really mean much, it's sorta like how wizards have different elemental spells and abilities at their disposal. And looking at it in a new light makes it look like its dressed with an appropiate hat and everything.

As for the actual pokemon, I haven't used one. From memory it was only available in Pearl and I only had Diamond/Platinum at the time. I think it's interesting though and one I'd definitely try in the near future. Also is it just me or are a lot of ghost types wonderfully purple? It's one of the other reasons why I really like them, they're such pretty colours. :D

Hi, Welcome and thank you for joining use ^-^

Yes, Mismagius has something jellyfish like because of the cap and her flowing body. It has quite a witchy appearance with classical spooky/ghostly body floating in the air.

Pokemon tend to use certain colours for specific types, Ghost has this beautiful muted purple. I think it's quite fitting. ^^

Rotom is a interesting choice, not many people like pokemon who look like "objects". I think I like the fan Rotom or the original one the most. I think object are quite fitting for ghost pokemon, I like the idea as you already mentioned of objects being possessed by a pokemon.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray-_-Hatred
I'm joining because I want an emblem. I could have chose a random group, But Ghost are cool.
My Partner Pokemon is Haunter. That's it if thats cool. I only want 1.

My favorite Pokemon Ghost move is ShadowClaw!

Years
Gray-_-Hatred
I'm joining because I want an emblem. I could have chose a random group, But Ghost are cool.
My Partner Pokemon is Haunter. That's it if thats cool. I only want 1.

My favorite Pokemon Ghost move is ShadowClaw!

Welcome, I added you to the members-list. May I ask what you mean with just joining because you want an emblem? ^-^

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Mismagius is a pretty cool Pokémon. I like it's concept of being the ghost of a witch and it looks pretty cool. It's pretty strong and gets some good moves as well, so it's pretty useful, though I've never gotten the chance to use one.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Welcome, I added you to the members-list. May I ask what you mean with just joining because you want an emblem? ^-^

Thanks, and sure, See, I was doing the members Welcome challenge test. You have to do 10 things to receive an emblem. 1 of those 10 things was to join a club. So I decided to go with ghost, And now that I'm in it and already completed the test, I'm actually looking forward to being in this club!

As for Mismagius, I never really used it in Pokemon. Though it does look like a mage, I always thought of it to be a witch Pokemon.

Years
New Topic: Your favourite ghost pokemon pokedex entries!
I think Ghost-Pokemon have some of the most rememberable Pokedex Entries. Please share some of your favourites!
A Example:
Spr_5b_607.png

Litwick in X
While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Once Upon a Time, There Lived a Pokemon Called Chandelure
chandelure_by_snook_8-d3f02y9.png

Bron: Link

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Haunter Emerald Pokédex: If a Haunter beckons you while it is floating in darkness, don't approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

"I will lick you to death."

Dusclops FireRed/LeafGreen Pokédex: Its body is entirely hollow. When it opens its mouth, it sucks everything in as if it were a black hole.

If that's the case, wouldn't everyone just use Dusclops and win by default because they made the opponent disappear.

Gourgeist Y Pokédex: It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

"Killing me softly with his song..."

Chandelure is one of my favorites from Gen V. Ghost/Fire combines two of my favorite types, and while I typically don't care for inanimate objects but they did a great job with this one. It's got great Special Attack and gets good moves to go with it.

Back