The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
Tool Type Effectiveness Editor: Adding New Types

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 29th, 2018 (2:05 PM). Edited January 31st, 2018 by Petuuuhhh.
Petuuuhhh's Avatar
Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
Team Salamence
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Georgia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 413
Hi,

Does anybody know how to add new types using Type Effectiveness Editor? I repointed after saving a new type, and now my ROM won't open with PGE's Attack Editor. I am using an expanded ROM with Mr. Dollsteak's Decap and Attack ROMbase.

Thank you,
__________________
Petuuuhhh

Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old February 18th, 2018 (2:12 AM).
Ahmed Riki's Avatar
Ahmed Riki Ahmed Riki is offline
ZackyMohammad24
     
    Join Date: Oct 2015
    Location: Denpasar
    Age: 16
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 16
    try edit the "ini" file :)
    __________________
    ————————————————————————
    God is the greatest,if you agree,copy this Signature
    ————————————————————————
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old May 5th, 2018 (10:18 PM).
    BirdstarCat13's Avatar
    BirdstarCat13 BirdstarCat13 is online now
    Furret-loving Iskallian
       
      Join Date: Nov 2017
      Location: RenSkall island
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 159
      It's absurdly easy - Click Table>Add Type.

      I have not found out how to add those types to a Pokémon or Move, but that's because G3T can't see those extra types, even when TEE repoints correctly. You may need YAPE or G3Suite
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old May 7th, 2018 (7:23 AM).
      Petuuuhhh's Avatar
      Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
      Team Salamence
       
      Join Date: Apr 2017
      Location: Georgia
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Serious
      Posts: 413
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
      It's absurdly easy - Click Table>Add Type.

      I have not found out how to add those types to a Pokémon or Move, but that's because G3T can't see those extra types, even when TEE repoints correctly. You may need YAPE or G3Suite
      It really is super easy! I figured it out long ago lol. Thank you for your help, however. :D
      __________________
      Petuuuhhh

      Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

      Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old May 7th, 2018 (9:40 AM).
      EchoTM EchoTM is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2018
        Posts: 12
        Would you care to share which version you're working on? I ask because I'd like to know how it works with the DS games (hopefully beyond). I'm sure that tons of hacks have their own resistance charts.
        Reply With Quote
          #6    
        Old May 8th, 2018 (10:07 AM).
        Petuuuhhh's Avatar
        Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
        Team Salamence
         
        Join Date: Apr 2017
        Location: Georgia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 413
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by EchoTM View Post
        Would you care to share which version you're working on? I ask because I'd like to know how it works with the DS games (hopefully beyond). I'm sure that tons of hacks have their own resistance charts.
        Pokémon FireRed
        __________________
        Petuuuhhh

        Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

        Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
        Reply With Quote
          #7    
        Old May 8th, 2018 (1:21 PM).
        EchoTM EchoTM is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2018
          Posts: 12
          I wasn't able to get it to work with TEE3 or any other Advanced title, all I got were pointer errors.
          I think you mentioned that you were just trying to add types right?
          Reply With Quote
            #8    
          Old May 8th, 2018 (2:46 PM).
          Petuuuhhh's Avatar
          Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
          Team Salamence
           
          Join Date: Apr 2017
          Location: Georgia
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 413
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by EchoTM View Post
          I wasn't able to get it to work with TEE3 or any other Advanced title, all I got were pointer errors.
          I think you mentioned that you were just trying to add types right?
          Yeah. It works with FireRed, I've been using it.
          __________________
          Petuuuhhh

          Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

          Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
          Reply With Quote
            #9    
          Old May 8th, 2018 (3:12 PM). Edited May 8th, 2018 by EchoTM.
          EchoTM EchoTM is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2018
            Posts: 12
            Well I'd be interested to get Fairy types in the older games. I think where I was running into a problem has something to do with trying to take the ??? box and have it function as a different type.


            THIUUUUUS

            So how did you manage to make the game recognize your other types? Does it just show up as "New Type" like it does in the editor?
            Reply With Quote
              #10    
            Old May 8th, 2018 (3:23 PM).
            Petuuuhhh's Avatar
            Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
            Team Salamence
             
            Join Date: Apr 2017
            Location: Georgia
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 413
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by EchoTM View Post
            Well I'd be interested to get Fairy types in the older games. I think where I was running into a problem has something to do with trying to take the ??? box and have it function as a different type.


            THIUUUUUS

            So how did you manage to make the game recognize your other types? Does it just show up as "New Type" like it does in the editor?
            I added a "Light" type and it would show up as Light type in-game.
            __________________
            Petuuuhhh

            Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

            Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
            Reply With Quote
              #11    
            Old May 8th, 2018 (3:28 PM). Edited May 8th, 2018 by EchoTM.
            EchoTM EchoTM is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2018
              Posts: 12
              Ooooookay, I got it.

              I tried to make it so that Dark is poor against Fire, Electric is good vs Dark- Fairy is poor against Electric, and finally Fire is good to Fairy.

              I'd be interested to know how you formatted the 'Light' type, Is it like "I had a light lunch today" or the actual light that comes on after flipping the switch.

              PS

              Is there a tool like YAPE that can change moves into that Light type?
              https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461 <---This?
              Reply With Quote
                #12    
              Old May 9th, 2018 (8:17 AM).
              Petuuuhhh's Avatar
              Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
              Team Salamence
               
              Join Date: Apr 2017
              Location: Georgia
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 413
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by EchoTM View Post
              Ooooookay, I got it.

              I tried to make it so that Dark is poor against Fire, Electric is good vs Dark- Fairy is poor against Electric, and finally Fire is good to Fairy.

              I'd be interested to know how you formatted the 'Light' type, Is it like "I had a light lunch today" or the actual light that comes on after flipping the switch.

              PS

              Is there a tool like YAPE that can change moves into that Light type?
              https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461 <---This?
              Yes, I have an expanded version of G3T that can make moves that type.
              __________________
              Petuuuhhh

              Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

              Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
              Reply With Quote
              Reply

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account

              Sponsored Links
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:07 PM.