• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon StarRed

Did you enjoy this game?

• Total voters

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
Pokemon StarRed
Future of the romhack!
The game is cancelled.
But don't worry,I didn't end it completely.I'll restart (reboot if that sounds better)
the project from scratch.Because let's face it this hack was pretty mediocre nad very bad in general (at least that's what I think as the creator).
The assets are all going have a major update.
(Moving from Gen IV to Gen V art style and will include many design fixes that StarRed had in general)
The plot is going to be reworked!
It'll be actually a plot.I'll be consistent and will be a full story.
With less plotholes,confusion and edgyness.
The gameplay is going to be more polished and will work like an actual pokemon game. (And probably it'll be actually fun,also this game will have both a male and a female protagonist.something StarRed didn't have).
In general the reboot is not just going to be a reworked StarRed,it'll be something completely new! (Game thread soon)
This new game's name is Pokemon Saiph!
Screenshots:
67r7drmywc9v71czg.jpg
btii6y1ut96f2ipzg.jpg
nq2r6rr4c9ma9rqzg.jpg

j6ox3dsyrf74257zg.jpg

Thank you for everyone's support it really makes romhacking mean something to me!
Thread of Pokémon Saiph here!

Now back to StarRed
Story
-Prologue-
The story is about a teen called...well let's call him Nate.He was living with his parents.
Important to know that Nate's father was one of the few scientists who were working on a new
type of energy,the "darklight".They made this energy with the power of Darkrai.One day Darkrai got
out of controll and destroyed the whole lab and killed all the scientists...Nate's father died as well.
No one really knew what happend.Because of this Nate started to look for clues in the destroyed lab.
There he found Darkrai himself.But well let's say Darkrai was a bit violent at that point and he attacked Nate.Darkrai knocked out Nate but instead of killing him,the shadow creature teleported him to the Sen Region.(Region of the game)

-The story in the present-
Nate woke up in an unknown area.What you can't even find on the regional town map.Anyway when he woke up,he didn't remember anything so he started to look for an exit from unknown place.He managed to find a small town...After that,he bumps into Shenow and his evil organization,Team Void.Their plan is to use use the project...But for what....(You know I don't want to spoil more so you can experience it by yourself :D)

Features​

Pokemon Black&White soundtrack (Even more tracks than what Demo 1 had)
Pokemon from Gen. 4-5 (with their cries)
Moves and Abilities from Gen. 4-5.
Fairy Type
PSS split
New tileset(s) (Even more in Demo 2)
64x64 trainer sprites
64x64 pokemon sprites
Evo.Stones and Items from Gen.4 (Dusk/Dawn/Shiny Stone/Razor Claw etc.)
IVs and colored stats (depending on nature) are visible on the Pokemon Summary
TMs are reuseable
Poison revival
Exp. After catching Pokemon.
New textbox&intro background
New HP Bar (I made it)

Screenshots​

zc54yiavmelhaw7zg.jpg

3od5p89v9x8jec6zg.jpg

w8st6rd7zv8pd5azg.jpg

ipdagdtcat23i2dzg.jpg

p8jd3ga3ojgy7wuzg.jpg

596lcx4t9d7el3rzg.jpg

psncaec26t0jabozg.jpg

84ztt1ovhwcq6t8zg.jpg

ooe9mwxz2ytybc8zg.jpg

3y6vzy28gzzs4sxzg.jpg

r221va870780lnlzg.jpg

f64mcuz0q17qdmbzg.jpg

0p23qq67rme9v90zg.jpg

Bugs​

On Route 22 after a flashback a YN box pops up (say no on it) [Not game crashing bug]
If you faint you'll heal in the same pokemon center (for this I made a warp system)
Hero's backsprite is a bit messed up...

Credits

Soundtrack:LukeeGD
PSS split,new moves/abilities(Rombase):MR.Dollsteak
Textbox/Background:KakarotPH
Some features were inserted by TL's Quick Enhancer(IVs,TMs,Poison R. etc.):Froosty
New Evo. Items inserted (usage/sprite):Me (Vytron)
New HP bar:Me (Vytron)
Tileset: Pokemon Dawn tileset by The-Red-eX/WesleyFG
Brendan sprite sheet:hyo-oppa

Attachments

• Pokemon StarRed -Darkness returns- Demo V.2.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 917
  • Pokemon StarRed -Darkness Returns-Demo V.2 (If the first patch didn't work).zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Years
Woah, this game looks good, i'm liking the tilesets so far and also why Gen 4-5 Pokemon and Moves only? Why not include Gen 6?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Might wanna format the screenshots a little better. Looks pretty cool, though.

Oh, and how much play time would you say the demo has?

Last edited:

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
Might wanna format the screenshots a little better. Looks pretty cool, though.

Oh, and how much play time would you say the demo has?

The playtime is about an our.But this is really early demo.I work now on the full game and I'll publish a second demo (which will be much,much longer).

Years
Hii if you want any help in testing the rom I like to do that and its better to create a discord server for the game. Here is my discord id pokemasterady#9199

Years
Finish the demo it's amazing there are many bugs but story is looking amazing I'm going to write about this hack in my website.

Minecrazy

TrinoxYT
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
What is the original pokemon rom cos i need to patch it and it needs a rom file.

Minecrazy

TrinoxYT
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
It wont patch keeps saying the rom isnt compatible with the patch

Back