• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In which game did you get your first shiny Pokémon?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
Not counting the Red Gyrados in Silver and SoulSilver, I'd say my first actual Shiny was in Ultra Moon or Ultra Sun. Found a shiny Rockruff.

Years
The first shiny I ever found was a shiny Corsola in X after I chain-fished, so I have a soft spot for Corsola, even though it's not the most useful Pokémon in battle. The first-ever full-odds shiny that I found was a Luvdisc in Shiny Gold Sigma. I was so excited that I finally found a random encounter shiny after a decade and a half of playing Pokémon that I used her all the way through the Elite Four!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon Silver when I found a shiny Donphan! Game is long gone but i do hope to one day get a shiny donphan again for that reason

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
pokemon silver...I think?... It was dratini.. I couldn't even tell it was pink due to gameboy, but it had the sparkle ring.

Rainbow-Starlight

Pokémon Trainer Melanie
Years
Gyarados aside, the first shiny I remember catching was a shiny Spearow on LeafGreen. My first LeafGreen file, back in 2004 or 2005 when I was eleven. I was so excited to find and catch it! It took me completely by surprise, I was just randomly walking through some grass near Vermilion City and there it was. I still have that Spearow, years ago I transferred it over to my Diamond, and I evolved it forever ago. :) Memories!

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I've never shiny hunted - and as a result have never gotten a random encounter (Red Gyarados doesn't count).

So my first shiny was a shiny Magikarp in Let's Go - but I hunted for it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A shiny Pidgey early into a run of Pokemon Silver, when I am not counting Red Gyarados.

Have obtained a bunch of them; dumb luck, trades and Poke Radar chaining.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Pokemon Platinum where I ran into a shiny Graveler and it self destructed.... I wanted to cry :(((

The first shiny that I caught was a shiny Alolan Meowth which I happened to run into in USUM!

Last edited:
Years
My first shiny I saw was a Croagunk in pearl, but the first I actually ever caught was a Bellsprout in Soulsilver. I found the bellsprout before I even beat the first gym, so it was really cool, so I got to use it on my adventure.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Shiny Zubat in Emerald. Can't quite remember if I caught it or not.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Pokemon Platinum where I ran into a shiny Graveler and it self destructed.... I wanted to cry :(((

I feel your pain. When I played Dark Rising 2 for the first time, I ended up running into a shiny Probopass in some lategame location and after it survived my Empoleon's Surf with red HP, it went on to Explode in its face.

Ignoring the logic of exploding in front of a Steel-type, I have ever since been disliking Probopass. Stupid bearded nose abomination.

Years
My first shiny ever was a Sawk in Pokemon Black :{

Spr_5b_539.png

Spr_5b_539_s.png

It's....not that distinct from the original form.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Shiny Meowth, Pokemon Silver. I remember I killed about 10 of them before I even knew it was a thing.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
First shiny you ever got?

Surprised we don't have this thread yet. Anyways, I actually do in fact have a legit shiny! It was a Trumbeak i found in Ultra Moon, not a Nuzrun, I was grinding teammates and happened to come across one. I'm still considering evolving it for fun but still not sure yet.

So what's your first (legit) shiny mon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
This is really hard to remember. I spent so much time exclusively playing rom hacks, but I think on a legitimate game cartridge it was a Shiny Linoone, in Omega Ruby.

It wasn't that special to me, since I wasn't willing to trade out one of my team members. It ended up sitting in the box.

Last edited:
Years
Surprisingly, I can remember quite well what shiny I caught well over a decade and a half ago. I came across a shiny Tangela on Silver, and it took a good amount of ultra balls to catch it. I was pretty happy for quite a while.

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Ditto from friend safari, so disappointed to find that it didn't transform into the shiny version of the Pokemon you were battling, and its stats were mad bad.

Back