• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Project 001

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Just to let y'all know, this project is not dead.

In fact, it's very much alive!

Progress Report:
- Cerulean City Overworld Mapping is DONE!!
- Mt. Moon Mapping is DONE!
- Pewter City (EVENTING, ETC) is DONE!!

And hopefully tonight I can upload a video that will show you from where the first one ended. (TR battle, Viridian Forest, Pewter City, part of Mt Moon)

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Awesome! I think you should stay with DP Trainer overworlds. Ranger sprites should only be used when someone makes a ranger-esque tileset... *cough*me*cough*

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Awesome! I think you should stay with DP Trainer overworlds. Ranger sprites should only be used when someone makes a ranger-esque tileset... *cough*me*cough*
Agreed. Im lookin forward to that tileset though. :)

The demovideo will have to be delayed for tomorrow, because I made some corrections with the events, but with it, some bugs appeared, thus leaving me no other choice than to fix them first. Cheers!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I need feedback.

I'm still wandering which style I'm going for. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Ranger?

For an example:
rangerxample-1.png
VS
platixample.png

Which one do you guys prefer? The main character will, no matter the preference, look like the Platinum hero.

hm... Ranger OWs in a FRLG world?

That could be interesting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I really like this game!!
That video was really good.
I love the idea of having the hero actually interact with the characters.
Will you be making a new OW for the hero?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thanks buddy!

The OW has been changed in that sense that it is now the Platinum one. I like that one better. I might change the color eventually, but so far I'm quite happy with it.

I'm sticking with the default D/P/P overworlds.

Yesterday I tried to upload a video that was... well... loooong. It took me 2 hours to upload on YouTube (you know how slow it is, right?) and when it reached 100% it just stayed that way. Left it on for half an hour. Then just took a chance and stopped the uploading. Bad choice apparently, since the video is not online.

All in all, I AM trying to show you guys how far I got, but God or something else wont let me. Maybe for the good, since I still saw some stuff I need to edit in the dialogue.

I can say though that the TR sprites are not the blue ones anymore. Theyre now different Galaxy characters (slightly edited one) that just look better.

I finished Mt. Moon and am now working on Cerulean City. Which is awesome, since it's real fun to make the gym. It's not just a room, you see, it's this giant circling pathway with an aquarium and... you'll see...

Cid

Years
Wow, first time to see this hack, and it proved to be really good...

Anyway, I love the screenshots, best of luck to this hack!

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
This is an amazing game. I've never seen such a game with this great eventing. I love you mapping, and the R/S sand stargely goes really well with D/PPt OWs and FR/LG Tilesets. I'm supporting you all the way. Good luck!

Radnen

Pokemon Odyssey Network Monkey
Years
I watched the video and must say, I'm truly impressed. The game plays out much like the anime did back in the day. I really love how you made the main character a complete newbie. I suspect some major character growth. :)

And the scene in which he calls his mom made me lol. Mothers... so typical. :P

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
The only problem I have is that you're using D/P overworld sprites with FRLG tilesets. This doesn't look good at all because the heads look so disproportionately huge (the heads try to imitate 3D, which this game clearly is not). But good job on everything else.

Also, any updates to the game? We haven't heard from you in a while.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Nice looking game, but i know for a fact i will not be playing it, if i want to follow the Anime story I'll watch it, not play a slightly altered version.

Back