ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Old May 19th, 2014 (7:42 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Taiji Dragon.

Nature: Lonely
    Hello I want to create event islands with event pokemon such as Mew, Deoxys and Ho-Oh and Lugia. I have created various draft maps and I'm almost done with them. However I have a few complications:

1. I want for there to be an overworld sprite of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza and also Jirachi in firered but it is my understanding that you have to import them from emerald. How exactly?

2. I need to make these sprites move. I need something like to place and event tile and when you step on it the sprite will aproach you and a wild pokemon battle will initiate with that certain pokemon.

3. I need to import tiles and music. I need for there to be lava in Groudon's chamber and I will need rubies and sapphires from the cave of origin. I will also need the music of meteor falls in firered. Aswell as their legendary theme.

4. There is also something off with the sunny weather. It reflects clouds in places where there is no water. Is there anyway I can fix this?

5. Warps won't seem to work while playing in the rom when connected to maps that have been added. It blacks out. They are properly connected to the other maps. What do I do?

If someone is able to guide me or direct me to a place where I will surely get an answer it will be much appreciated.
    Old May 19th, 2014 (11:21 AM).

Nature: Quirky
      Unfortunately, the only thing here I know ANYTHING about is the warps. Can you post screenshots from AdvanceMap with the info on both warps?
      Old May 19th, 2014 (6:03 PM).

1. You can get an OW editor and edit the sprites manually and replace them. Just search it up, it should be on google.
        2. Same as the above, the OW editor can be used to make frames for the walking/movement animations of the sprite. As for the event, just set up a script tile and add a var, pokecry, and set the music. If you never scripted before I suggest looking at guides for the basics, theres many here on this site.
        3.Get advance map and look at the tutorial by LePug on how to insert tiles, as for the music i'm not so sure.
        4. I need to see which tile
        5.Again, need a picture/screenshot of advance map with the wrap event and where its connected. Make sure its going to the right wrap number, map number, and bank.
        Old May 20th, 2014 (8:45 PM).

All I want is a Kyogre animation to appear in the place I made and for it to move forward when the player steps on a spot. I have been an entire day conecting maps with warps that do not connect at all when the rom plays despite the connections being ok according to advance map. About scripts... I have no idea how to move those to advance map. It seems tutorials won't help that much for now. Despite being all day in front of a computer. I've done nothing. It think I won't try for at least a week. These programs are too much time consuming for only to make nothing happen. I'm going to clear my mind.
          Old May 20th, 2014 (9:08 PM).
          Still, Move Forward!

Nature: Quiet
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tao Dragon View Post
          All I want is a Kyogre animation to appear in the place I made and for it to move forward when the player steps on a spot.
          You mean a script tile, right?

It's 1:04 right now, but I'm going to keep it simple:

1) Go into Advance Map, under the events tab. Scroll all the way down, to amount of events. At the bottom there should be something about "Number of scripts." Press the up arrow.

2) Go to the upper left hand corner of the map. There should be a green S tile, if not, click Brendan's head (this will turn person sprites into greenish P tiles, and make warps, signposts and script tiles visible.)

3) Drag the tile to where you want it to be.

4) There should be something about "Var number" and "Var value." Leave Var value alone, and for this test, put in 4050 in Var number. (You won't be doing this all the times, just depending on situation)

5) Write your script in XSE(I'll do an example later)

6) Compile it in XSE

7) Test

I'll add an example script later, I'm tired.

No. 448
          Garchomp, the Mach Pokémon

Old May 20th, 2014 (9:12 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2014 by Taiji Dragon.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kyain View Post
            You mean a script tile, right?

It's 1:04 right now, but I'm going to keep it simple:

1) Go into Advance Map, under the events tab. Scroll all the way down, to amount of events. At the bottom there should be something about "Number of scripts." Press the up arrow.

2) Go to the upper left hand corner of the map. There should be a green S tile, if not, click Brendan's head (this will turn person sprites into greenish P tiles, and make warps, signposts and script tiles visible.)

3) Drag the tile to where you want it to be.

4) There should be something about "Var number" and "Var value." Leave Var value alone, and for this test, put in 4050 in Var number. (You won't be doing this all the times, just depending on situation)

5) Write your script in XSE(I'll do an example later)

6) Compile it in XSE

7) Test

I'll add an example script later, I'm tired.
            Thanks. I'm going to rest too. I'll try tomorrow when my head is clear. I'll make sure to leave a like if I'm succesful with the description you gave.

Update:

5. I've corrected. The problems was in the tiles I was using and in some cases the unkown. An unkown 00 actually worked for me despite being told that 2 and 3 are the ones that are used. If you put warps in places where there is no corresponding warp tile the warp won't work at all. I really need to watch how tilesets are arrange in the maps they are used in. They give me clues on how the warping system operates. So yeah at least one of my maps is completely fix. Hopefully with the knowledge I gained I can apply the same principals to my other maps and make them work aswell.

As soon as I finish connecting the maps. I will head for scripting.

Quick Reply