• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

adding Stance Change to more Pokemon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
what existing Pokemon could use the ability Stance Change?, you know, the one Aegislash has.
i already implemented it on a special Meloetta that switches Aria/Pirouette formes when using special/physical attacks. and a special Deoxys that changes formes according to the specific move used (it changes to Speed if you use Taunt, to Defense if you use Leech Seed, etc).
but what other Pokemon could use something like that?, maybe Necrozma dawn/dusk...
i just want to add some mechanics to my current game.
other ability suggestions are welcome, too.

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
It's a shame no one responded, it's a good question. I wonder if it's even possible?

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
I have a few thoughts. It really depends on your technical know how and if you want to create new sprites.

Any of the turtle/tortoise based mons or mons like Forretress, Shuckle, Golem, Magcargo with shells could have a "withdrawn" form where they go into their shells and thus increase defense and maybe have the mechanics of the TM protect. Then "stance change" into an attacking form where they come out of their shells and thus increase offense.

Mons based on snakes and have serpentine bodies could also have a similar feature where they coil up to raise defense then "stance change" to attack the opponent, raising offense.

Slaking could have its loafing phase then "stance change" into an attacking form.

Mons based on oysters and clams could function similarly to the above mentioned shell mons.

Cherrim has a stance change when sunlight is out.

Darmanitan with its zen mode has a stance change.

Chesnaught could have a stance change. Like the before mentioned shell mons and withdraw.

You could maybe implement a stance change for Flabébé's line. Each color could represent a different stat either offense or defense.

Maybe Zygarde with its different forms.

Mareanie's line could have a stance change.

Minior with shield's down and it's meteor and different core forms.

Mimikyu with it's disguised and busted forms

Cursola

Alcremie with all of it's different flavors

Eiscue with ice face and no ice face

Morpeko with it's full belly and hangry forms

Back