• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsie13

I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
thanks
That's probably because the Map Type is Inside. Look at the Header Tab in A-Map, somewhere it should say "Type" under Map Options. Change that to Village, City or Route, and you should be able to ride your bike.

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I have some problems that I need to solve...

1. Undenpending on their data, new overworld characters are for some reason items instead of characters, that even reappears evey item I go one step away. (Example: Instead of saying "CHARACTER X: Hello World!" it says "PLAYER found ITEM X!" and gives me that item.) This is strange as it even happens to character with the exact same data in FR, and pointed to the exact same location in the data.

2. Game freezes. I know that this often happens when entering a new area, but for me, it also happens completly randomly for no reason. And yes, music and other sprites continously plays.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
In Fire-Red, is it possible to:

a) Have different sprites depending upon Gender?
b) Have different evolutions depending upon Gender?

Reason I want to know this is to know whether it would be possible to combine Nidoran Girl and Nidoran Boy into one pokemon (thus freeing up a pokédex spot), whilst maintaining its evolutions.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In Fire-Red, is it possible to:

a) Have different sprites depending upon Gender?
b) Have different evolutions depending upon Gender?

Reason I want to know this is to know whether it would be possible to combine Nidoran Girl and Nidoran Boy into one pokemon (thus freeing up a pokédex spot), whilst maintaining its evolutions.

I don't think it is available in Firered... I'd say no to both.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Edit: No idea why the questions were double posted this way. Removed the writing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Righto, well, thats alright. Leads onto my next question though.

Is it possible to have more than one Pokémon linking to the same Pokédex entry? I'll use an example to demonstrate what I mean.

Say I have an Onix as well as a Crystalix, pretty much an Onix made of Crystal. I replace one of the 25 extra ?? slots (I know its nigh on impossible to add these as new ones to the pokedex) with the Crystalix data and sprites. I would, however, like the game to show Crystalix under the Onix Pokédex entry. So if I catch a Crystalix, the Onix entry appears, same as if I had caught an Onix. Is that possible? If so, it would be a neat way of getting around the ?? limitations, at least for me.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Righto, well, thats alright. Leads onto my next question though.

Is it possible to have more than one Pokémon linking to the same Pokédex entry? I'll use an example to demonstrate what I mean.

Say I have an Onix as well as a Crystalix, pretty much an Onix made of Crystal. I replace one of the 25 extra ?? slots (I know its nigh on impossible to add these as new ones to the pokedex) with the Crystalix data and sprites. I would, however, like the game to show Crystalix under the Onix Pokédex entry. So if I catch a Crystalix, the Onix entry appears, same as if I had caught an Onix. Is that possible? If so, it would be a neat way of getting around the ?? limitations, at least for me.
Why don't you edit the colors of the shiny onix(means that shiny onix will be a crystal onix)?,then it will have the same entry,you can edit them eith APE,if you need the colors,ask me,I have them (=

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Well, the onix was purely an example. In the case of my Hack, I would be having an alternate version of Grimer called Petromer, who would be of the new type I am adding, and would have a slightly different move list. Which is why I couldn't just edit the shiny, unfortunately.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
no my hack....I've edited scripts on pallet town,they work fine but when I put the game on my vba it shows a white screen,and I can only play it by using quick load,what to do?

Miror B.

"Music!"
Years
Ok.
I made new tiles for the outside appearace of the pokemon center/pokemon mart.
But when I enter or exit the pokemon center/pokemon mart, the tile of the door and the tile above it (the lower left part of the pokeball) go back to the old tiles.
When I have entered or exited the pokemon center/pokemon mart, they go back to the tiles I made.

How do I fix this?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Is there a way to change the pokedex order? like making a different pokemon show up at number 1.
ex:
normal:
1.bulbasaur
2.ivysaur
3.venusaur
4.charmander
5.charmeleon
6.charizard

Change to:
1.charmander
2.charmeleon
3.charizard
4.bulbasaur
5.ivysaur
6.venusaur

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Is there a way to change the pokedex order? like making a different pokemon show up at number 1.
ex:
normal:
1.bulbasaur
2.ivysaur
3.venusaur
4.charmander
5.charmeleon
6.charizard

Change to:
1.charmander
2.charmeleon
3.charizard
4.bulbasaur
5.ivysaur
6.venusaur

Personally I've never tried it simply because I've never felt the need to but I'm sure that if you sifted through the Toolbox you'd find something eventually.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Hey,can anone tell me whats the ape offset of the battle backgrounds in ruby?please!! i need to know
cause i wanna edit it on my ruby hack.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Well, this is probably the wrong place to put this, but my question is: how would I go about making an in-game trade event? If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial, that would be very much appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Is it possible to STOP the player from releasing a certain pokemon?
As in say, you cannot release your starter, ever.
I would hope so as the alternative would be to make it that you never get to use a pokemon box >.>

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2009
So I'd like to start making a translation patch for Touhoumon's japanese version.

At first I used Advance-Text to get things done but I've had enough of it's limitations and would like to try something with a bit more freedom.

So first things first...what do you guys recommend for changing pokemon names and attacks on the Japanese Fire Red? So far I've played around with Name Editor Advance (although I'm still having trouble locating all the names of all the attacks...and the pokemon name list doesn't even show up) and got some okay results...it's annoying that the attacks have a 8 character limit in the japanese version in all honesty. Whenever you hit 8, sometimes the name overlaps with the attack name right beneath it and suddenly something like MAGNITUD becomes MAGNITUDPSY...It also annoys me to no end in the pokemon names since that limit is 5 characters only.

It would also help if someone knew the offset for the Pokemon names and attacks in the japanese Fire Red version, whenever I look around in a hacking tool's ini files I can never find that BPRJ.ini file...either that or it's empty! Or maybe some tools that are known to work with the japanese version? A lot of them don't seem to like the japanese versions as you can imagine.

I'd like to start with just changing the names and attacks for now. I'll deal with learning how to change the messages later on...

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
So I'd like to start making a translation patch for Touhoumon's japanese version.

At first I used Advance-Text to get things done but I've had enough of it's limitations and would like to try something with a bit more freedom.

So first things first...what do you guys recommend for changing pokemon names and attacks on the Japanese Fire Red? So far I've played around with Name Editor Advance (although I'm still having trouble locating all the names of all the attacks...and the pokemon name list doesn't even show up) and got some okay results...it's annoying that the attacks have a 8 character limit in the japanese version in all honesty. Whenever you hit 8, sometimes the name overlaps with the attack name right beneath it and suddenly something like MAGNITUD becomes MAGNITUDPSY...It also annoys me to no end in the pokemon names since that limit is 5 characters only.

It would also help if someone knew the offset for the Pokemon names and attacks in the japanese Fire Red version, whenever I look around in a hacking tool's ini files I can never find that BPRJ.ini file...either that or it's empty! Or maybe some tools that are known to work with the japanese version? A lot of them don't seem to like the japanese versions as you can imagine.

I'd like to start with just changing the names and attacks for now. I'll deal with learning how to change the messages later on...

You could remove that limitation by transferring all the data to an English rom.

School days again...
Years
1. How to change the order of the pokedex in pokemon fire red?
2. Is Sebbe's Pokedex Order Editor works well on editing the pokedex's order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back