• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Hey

I've inserted a map into a ROM, I could see the contents of the 'Map' tab correctly, I could also see the contents of the other tabs (Movement Permission, Header, Wild Pokémon), except for events. I get the properties bar to the right, only no map to place events! Doesn't make a difference if I try to add events too. Really bugs me, how can I add events to this map?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hey

I've inserted a map into a ROM, I could see the contents of the 'Map' tab correctly, I could also see the contents of the other tabs (Movement Permission, Header, Wild Pokémon), except for events. I get the properties bar to the right, only no map to place events! Doesn't make a difference if I try to add events too. Really bugs me, how can I add events to this map?
Change the number of events so that there is at least one event of any kind on the map.

Save.

Load a different map.

Select any tab other than Events.

Load the inserted map again. (You're kind of "refreshing" it by doing this, you see.)

Select the Events tab.

The new events should be in the upper-left corner of the map.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
I have a question regarding EVs. When your pokemon is holding a power item, such as Power Anklet, and your EVs in both Attack and Speed are nearly finished, you fight against a pokemon that gives Attack.
Which EV gets added in first, the EV from the wild poke or from the power item?

Years
Problem.

I changed one of the Pokemon in Viridian Forest in Fire Red to a Shroomish with AdvanceMap.

During my playtest, I caught it, leveled it up, trained it, and everything was fine for a while.

It reached lvl 23 where it proceeded to evolve, but didn't.

The text had a ? where it should have said, "Shroomish evolved into Breloom!"

Is this some kind of bug with III gen Pokes in FR/LG or something?

Help appreciated. Ty in advance.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Problem.

I changed one of the Pokemon in Viridian Forest in Fire Red to a Shroomish with AdvanceMap.

During my playtest, I caught it, leveled it up, trained it, and everything was fine for a while.

It reached lvl 23 where it proceeded to evolve, but didn't.

The text had a ? where it should have said, "Shroomish evolved into Breloom!"

Is this some kind of bug with III gen Pokes in FR/LG or something?

Help appreciated. Ty in advance.
It can't evolve because you do not have the national Pokedex.

Years
o_o

Derp

I guess I need to set a script or somehow give the player the National Dex at the beginning of the game. I have no idea how to do so and I'm not even attempting to learn scripting or coding or whatever yet.

I'll cross that bridge when I arrive.

Years
Please help.

I'm using advanced map to hack a Pokemon ROM, but I always get an error message that says, "access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'Advanced Map.exe'. Read of address 31293129.
How can I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours, Will.

I'm using advanced map to hack a Pokemon ROM, but I always get an error message that says, "access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'Advanced Map.exe'. Read of address 31293129.
Yours, Will.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Yours, Will.
When, specifically, does the error message occur? If it only occurs upon loading a certain map, then that map is corrupted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
Why is that when I change the current pokemon appearing in the grass(or water/fishing) it reverts back to normal or change a few but not all i changed? :S It's quite annoying. Especially when I'm working on my new map. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Why is that when I change the current pokemon appearing in the grass(or water/fishing) it reverts back to normal or change a few but not all i changed? :S It's quite annoying. Especially when I'm working on my new map. :(
It's a bug in AdvanceMap.

The workaround I use is to only change the species in the list one entry at a time. AFAIK you can change multiple level fields at a time, but you must change the species one at a time, like so:

• Open Map A, the one you're editing.
  • Change one of the Wild Pokemon species.
  • Save.
  • Switch to Map B, which can be any other map.
    • If you are asked if you want to save your changes, then it means that some of the edits you made to the wild data were lost.
  • Switch back to Map A.
  • Repeat until you've changed all of the Pokemon species that you want to change.
Unfortunately, that's the only workaround that I know of, and we'll need it until the next version of AdvanceMap comes out. You can try reporting the bug in AdvanceMap's thread, though someone else may have already done so.

* * *​

It occurs when I sort a map, attempt to open a city, and create a new map.
Wait. When you "sort a map"? I wasn't aware that AdvanceMap had a sorting function... You are using version 1.95, right?

So, the map is likely corrupt. How could I fix this?
That depends very much on what specifically got corrupted, but in my experience, some amount of hex editing will always be needed to fix map corruption.

There are two general ways to do it, depending on how the data got corrupted.

• If the data was overwritten by data from another map, then you will need to find some free space in the ROM. Build some "dummy" data with the proper format in that free space, and then change your map's header to point to the new data.
  • If the data was just randomly corrupted and was not overwritten by data from another map, then you can simply copy the valid data from an older version of your hack (if you keep backups).
First way is always the safest. The second should only ever be used if you make the mistake of trying to remove a map's wild list(s) in AMap.

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys, I'm from the german hacking scene, or better said, what we left from it. My english is not the best, just to warn you.
I hope you guys can help me, I am working for a new project with the encounters of pokemon, my Problem is that I have to know what kind of battle is going on(just a few moments before the battle begins) Is there any Flag in the RAM which could show me if it is a water battle, fishing rod battle or just normal in grass.(Like the four categories of battles each map has its own Encounter Data for)
Hope i can find help, I spent nights in front of my disassembler and debugger, but did not find anything.

~SBird
What game version? Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Emerald... German/Italian/Japanese/American... ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
I see people who have put new building in, like added new tiles for creating cities.
Can someone link me to a tutorial showing how to do this?
Like inserting new tiles in, like a whole town...

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I am trying to optimize a music track that I have manually inserted into a ROM as per the instructions here.

Specifically, there are parts of the song that are repeated in the middle. Ideally, I should be able to loop these parts by using B3 and B4 bytes, however, they don't work.

The pointers are correct. The usage is correct. There are no apparent data errors in the song. I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked every single Google result I could find on the Sappy music format, and judging from that there are no errors, period... Yet still, the two tracks that use B3/B4 do not play at all in the ROM, and they crash Sappy. The other music tracks play in the ROM, but the two tracks with the B3/B4 jumps are muted.

I also need to take a track that uses chords excessively, and change it to use single notes. When applying a GBSynth instrument to that track, this happens automatically (if Sappy's readouts, pre-B3-tracks, are accurate), but I need it to be chordless when using DirectSound. (Chords contribute to the max-6-DS-at-once limit. A 3-note chord counts as three of the same instrument playing.)

Does anyone know how to
1. Fix a "broken" track that doesn't actually have anything wrong with it? (Or rather, get a track to load and play when it uses multiple B3/B4 jumps.)
2. Convert chords to single notes?

EDIT: Edited to remove some of the rage. Seriously, though, if I get answers to these two, then I'll know every single last thing I think I will need to ever know in order to start music hacking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back