• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Heh, missingno. I remember that pokemon, and the fun surrounding it. I remember trying to trade a rattata for it on two of my games (red and blue) and when I did, all of the pokemon on the side that recieved the Missingno. had become Missingno! I was sad, considering I had most of my good pokemon transformed.

Years
Not sure i this happened to anyone else, but i taught my snorlax payday....but i only thought meowth and pikachu could learn it...i could be wrong...also once i was surfing and suddenly the music changed to the route 1 music and i was on my bike (not on land) ..... then the game crashed.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Muahahahahaha! Glitches!
Alright, here's one for all you out there:
h Poke, the elusive glitch that is my name. First, you must do the extended mew trick using a pokemon with a special stat of 195. Then, and this IS necessary, you must nickname it. If you do this then you will have the most peculiar glitch of all: one with no bad side effects! Unfortunately, it learns few moves before level 100 and evolves into gloom at level 224

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey if you wanna see world's biggest and funnies glitch go to youtube and search for Miksy91 and then open video pokemon crystal world hack - glitch world. Sorry I can't put a link here (not enough posts). :(

Gelly

Don't eat me!
Years
Glitches =D

I do the MissingNo. thing since i was 5, on the last month i was swiming on the MissingNo. water and *music* a Gentelman wanted to fight me =D, the Gentelman trow a pokéball and the game drop dead =D

I had put my name to appear Bulbasaur and Charmander, my rival's mane was ♂♂, maybe it was that... And now i thank my pokemon red for that cute glitchy moment ^^

Years
I found this glitch in pokemon crystal when going into Azalea Town gym. I was battling the trainers in the gym and then when i walked to the top right of the gym this message poped up. It said "Caterpie is evolving" and then my game turned off by itself. I didn't even have a caterpie and I lost game data. Well, that was 9 years ago when that happened(I think.).

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I'm not sure if someone posted this yet, but here's a glitch for G/S/C:

1. Fly to Vermillion City.

2. Talk to the Machop that's stomping the ground.

3. After that, open your Coin Case, and the game will restart, with messed up colors! (Ho-oh will also appear in color at the title screen.)

WARNING! Don't save, your game might be permanently glitched if you do!

Lol, I tried this, and I used Hydro Pump with my Suicune, and The Water from the attack was green!

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
Years
I was playing around with Gameshark on my Crystal, so I entered the Enemy Modifier code and put in 00. This is what I found:

f_wildquestiom_b7b8c6b.png

Nothing glitched up, and I didn't have any Balls, so I'm okay. It might be a filler Pokemon since there are 255 hex codes or something. I've also heard of ????? as #252 and #254. That's not the weird part: the shiny form is exactly the same...

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Did Glicth city last night on blue and went in to the cinibar island pokemon center when I left the safari zone I came out of the cinibar island pokemart! The map was perfect no glitches!

Exactly. That area repoints you to the PokemonMart in Cinnabar for some reason. It's no Glitch City, it's the real map. :\

Mewliveson

Ranger Emilee
Years
My thread was deleted :(. i am sorry but I have to make it known. Although there are multiple claims that the "cerulean Mew" glitch works I tried it and unfortunatly it killed my game. As a mew lover this was a low blow. The creators of these games put glitches there for a reason (for us to find them for a little extra challenge) Thanks for the read through.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
No, glitches are something found by accident. Easter Eggs is what they put in on purpose, like the truck.

this_is_ark

who what where
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2009
on my crystal game, i used the clone glitch at least over 30 times, and one day i cloned my suicune and tons of ?s appeared on my screen. the game froze and i was forced to restart

another cloning glitch related problem was when i cloned a third copy of my typhlosion. the third copy, when sent out into a battle, its backsprite would become poliwag and its only move would be watergun

Last edited:

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
I know a cool glitch! Here it is!

1. Get a Pokemon that knows cut.
2. Cut a tree.
3. Stand on the tree that you cutted.
4. Save the game.
5. Turn it off.
6. Turn it on.

And you will be standing on a tree!

this shouldn't work, because when you save it, you save the tree being not there, so it won't be there when you turn in on again

my sister transported a charmander from pokemon blue and raised it to a charizard, which she traded to my silver. when she did, it's name was 'charizard.' <-- with the full stop, which is wrong. and when i look on my party, it's just called '?'
Also, when i switch charizard IN to battle, it says
"your foes weak,
get 'em-" and when charizards name comes on, it looks like this
"?harizard!!eak,get'em"3It's name just goes over the top of thw writing. this isn't really a glitch, well it is, but not for the normal reasons, like getting special pokemon, duplicating, that sort of thing.
it's a technical glitch, but it's really quite annoying

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
In addition to trading over a pokemon that knows Cut, and not having to go the the SS. Anne, you can just black out in the ship after getting the HM, and it won't leave.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
Heres a New GLITCH!!!!!!!!!! THE DITTO TRICK!

First off,get a pokemon witha nice Special stat...for GLITCH pokemon get something around 200....
first off,go to Nugget Bridge and teleport from that dude in the patch.
go to FUCHSIA CITY and Battle anyone.Now,go to the East side of Fuchsia city,and look for Ditto's.this is where the fun begins.
Encounter one,and let it transform into the pokemon with the Special Stat.Now,RUN from it and go to Cerulean.go up Nugget Bridge and get a Lv. 7 pokemon.

BEST STATS:
Special stat of 21=Mew.
Special Stat of 28=Blastoise.
Special Stat of 153=Bulbasaur.

This MIGHT be the trick we're all lookin for to complete the Pokedex!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
I don't know if this was a glitch or simply my internal battery is dying, but any explanation would be appreciated.

I started playing Silver recently, and for some reason the clock only keeps track of time while I'm playing. I started around 3 o'clock on Monday, and now on my game it is about 1 AM on Tuesday. So it takes 12 in game hours for night to pass, and 12 in game hours for day to pass. Another thing that sucks is that I have to play 24 in game hours just to change the day, and that means that I'll only very rarely be able to battle my rival or do other day-of-the-week specific events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back