• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: An Amazing Adventure [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladion Enforcer

Team Skull Enforcer
Years
Name: Gladion

Species: Type:Null

Ability: Battle Armor

Appearance: Gladion looks like an Ordinary Type: Null. But He has a Uniqueness which is his Helmet. His Helmet is stronger than Other Type:Null, which made him unable to evolve. Another Exception is his Eyes which is Blue instead of Violet and his Body Shade is slightly dark.

History: Gladion was found as an egg by a Greninja. Greninja took care of the egg. After few days, The Egg hatched and Gladion was born. He was raised by Greninja and Greninja taught him more about the World. He started growing and his Helmet was strong. Greninja was surprised and shocked that Gladion's Helmet was still strong instead of growing weak enough to broke out and evolve. He was growing and his Helmet had no change. Greninja was worried about this. When Gladion was at the Age of 12, Greninja tried to break the Helmet by himself but Gladion was frightened and ran away. He had no place to live. He started living alone. He ate Berries which he found at trees. When he was 14, He encountered a Slaking which attacked him hard at his helmet. But still it doesn't deal damage. Slaking gave up and ran away. This created his New Goal, To Evolve..... For a Year, He trained hard and He had a good growth but No change in his helmet. He met Xatu to know the reason for this. Xatu replied "Its not about Strength or Power.... Its about True Friendship or Love". Gladion didn't understand this and keep on training. At Present, He joined Drampa's Guild.

Personality: Gladion is a Good, Loyal Pokémon. But Lost many friends like Greninja because of his Helmet. Gladion doesn't care about his Helmet and thought it was his Defence. Gladion is a good friend to many Pokemon. But Noone had think about him as a friend. He is a good tree climber and runner. He use the Sword/Axe at his helmet to defend himself and not hurt the weaks. He lives in a Cave alone until he joined Drampa's Guild. He was excited to meet New Friends in the Guild. But He is till now thinking about Xatu's Words which he hasn't understood yet.

Strengths: Gladion's Main Strength is his Helmet. Its impossible to break currently. Even a Slaking was unable to break it. He would use it as defence and He uses the Sword/Axe at his Helmet as offence too. The Sword at his helmet can be used for Cutting Trees, Fruits,etc. He won't ever give up as he's keep on trying to evolve from when he left Greninja.

Weakness: His Weakness is also his Helmet as it made him hard to evolve. With his Helmet, He can't see clearly as his attack would miss frequently (Accuracy -5%). His Helmet also made his friends to get away or To get attacked. Examples for this are Greninja and Slaking. His feelings can't be expressed as His face is not visible. Its difficult to find whether he is crying or laughing.

Moveset: Tackle, Rage, Pursuit, Imprison, Dragon Claw(Type: Null has no egg moves.... So, I kept the Tm Move)

Rp Sample: -Leaving from Greninja-

Greninja was getting irritated and frustrated because of Gladion's Helmet. "I gonna break his helmet and make him evolve today" Greninja thought in his mind. At Night, Gladion was sleeping peacefully as usual. "Be ready to evolve, Gladion" Greninja whispered silently and was ready with a Water Shuriken and Night Slash. "Here I come!" Greninja shooted A Water Shuriken and hits Gladion's Helmet with Night Slash. But His Helmet doesn't deal any damage. "WHAT!?" Greninja was shocked and Gladion woke up by this. "Why did you attacked me!?" Gladion yelled, confused. "I don't like you to be with this funny helmet! I want you to be a great Silvally to help me in stealing! You're a futile for me now! Get out!" Greninja shouted. Gladion's eyes were full of tears by hearing this. His Tears wasn't visible because of his helmet. He ran away from Greninja..... He ran away somewhere....

-End-

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
(Sorry i took so long to respond, holidays and whatnot.)
Okay, First, cut the CSS down. I like me some CSS, but there are too many pictures and boxes.

The personality section is really short. There aren't really any unique defining traits. So far she's a bit of a stereotypical old witch type character. Does she have any fears? Guilty pleasures? Things like that.

I'm going to say the entire Psychic abilities section needs to go. I'll say she has the general Psychic abilities that her type has, Telepathy and Telekinesis that would allow her to carry what she could if she had arms. The future seeing stuff... while Natu in general might be able too, This is not an RP where i'm going to allow that. At least not from a Player Character. Sorry.

The history and stuff will need to be edited to fit obviously, and... can you please reformat it to be what the SU for PMD:AAA is? My grading system is kinda messed up when stuff is all over the place.

This is a good start, however its extremely basic at the moment. Pyro needs more... detail. He's a bit of a Gary Sue right now, Try and give him some traits to make him more unique.

Also, as a general writing tip, Instead of saying his name every time, the use of a Pronoun can help make it easier to read by quite a bit. Its a bit like using words like Yelled or Exclaimed instead of using Said every time, it just makes things flow better.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
The future seeing stuff... while Natu in general might be able too, This is not an RP where i'm going to allow that.
I don't want to pick a fight or anything, but this request in particular isn't... reasonable, given the circumstances.

A) You just said yourself that Natu in general have this ability. Doesn't that imply that any Natu should be able to do this?

B) The character premise IS being an Oracle. Clairvoyance. That's the biggest aspect of her character, so taking that away would collapse the entire character. I'm not really able to work with this request, and I hope you can better understand why that is.

Oddball_

Years
Pokémon Species: (Any Basic Pokémon that can feasibly exist at level 15. Meaning no legends, or mythicals, and only first forms.)

Type: Null is a considered a mythical/legendary Pokémon.

Look, I'll be nice and explain why I will not accept that character... I don't want player character able to see the future. As the GM, Its a pain in the butt to have to organize, and its honestly more work than I want to deal with. I'm sorry, but you can either change the character (be it to a different pokemon, or a different variant Natu) or maybe this RP isn't for you.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Look, I'll be nice and explain why I will not accept that character... I don't want player character able to see the future. As the GM, Its a pain in the butt to have to organize, and its honestly more work than I want to deal with..
That makes sense. I get that. It's just that no other GM has taken issue with it before, so I was... shaken, I guess.

Hm. What if Quetzalli could only see the past, she hasn't learned to see the future yet? Would that be A) easier on you but also B) a useful skill for the adventure?

As for the CSS, yeah, how dare I make my formatting look pretty. Why would you ask me to remove the CSS? If it was difficult on the eyes I would understand, but I've been told that my CSS looks great compared to others. The "too many boxes" are to separate the different sections and to keep the background darker regardless of your forum theme. The pictures are for visual reference and feel out the character's vibe visually.

The personality section itself looks short, but I've sprinkled her personality throughout the other sections. Reading it as a whole tells you the complete picture of this character. She even has a guilty pleasure listed, so I'm not sure why you're asking me for one.

Additionally, Oddball_, calling a character as in-depth as mine a "stereotypical witch" can come across insulting, as can be calling Pyro a Gary Sue when your advice to change him is largely vague. It's just... not nice, or not helpful. Discouraging. :c

P.S. You missed OrbitalPudding's SU, I think.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years
That makes sense. I get that. It's just that no other GM has taken issue with it before, so I was... shaken, I guess.

Hm. What if Quetzalli could only see the past, she hasn't learned to see the future yet? Would that be A) easier on you but also B) a useful skill for the adventure?

As for the CSS, yeah, how dare I make my formatting look pretty. Why would you ask me to remove the CSS? If it was difficult on the eyes I would understand, but I've been told that my CSS looks great compared to others. The "too many boxes" are to separate the different sections and to keep the background darker regardless of your forum theme. The pictures are for visual reference and feel out the character's vibe visually.

The personality section itself looks short, but I've sprinkled her personality throughout the other sections. Reading it as a whole tells you the complete picture of this character. She even has a guilty pleasure listed, so I'm not sure why you're asking me for one.

Additionally, Oddball_, calling a character as in-depth as mine a "stereotypical witch" can come across insulting, as can be calling Pyro a Gary Sue when your advice to change him is largely vague. It's just... not nice, or not helpful. Discouraging. :c

Case A:

Ruling A:
I didn't ask you to get rid of the CSS. You're use of it (in general) is fine, but when I have to scroll down half the page in order to read the information which isn't even in the format I use for ease of reading, surely you can see why I might have asked you to simplify it. As for the images... A) A visual reference becomes redundant in a text based RP. I don't mind you using ONE, because one image is fine and doesn't take up a ludicrous amount of screen space. Or maybe putting them in a spoiler tag if you absolutely must have them, but there is no need for having 3+ in the main post taking up space.

Case B:

Ruling B:
QUOTE: can you please reformat it to be what the SU for PMD:AAA is? My grading system is kinda messed up when stuff is all over the place.

Case C:

Ruling C:
I'm sorry if you felt insulted, but you will never improve as a writer without criticism. You're character was not in-depth enough, I expect a certain level of quality and content, and you simply didn't meet that criteria and I tried to explain why as best as I could. I didn't simply say no, I tried to help, but I can't do it for you. I'm sorry if you find this discouraging, but that is simply how things are going to be. If you feel this isn't the kind of environment you want to participate in, i'm sure there are other RP's with a less cut and dry way of doing things, but you aren't going to find that here. Best of luck in the future.

Also, Yes, the advice was vague. Intentionally so. I don't know what you want to do with your character, i'm not going to write it for you. That would be no fun.

Case D:

Ruling D:
On the same basis of not having Future Sight, I'd say the same about past sight. It would involve me giving you information that I would have to make up on the spot and wouldn't be given to the other players and I find that to be more effort than its worth, especially for something that would be only usable by one Player Character. All Player characters will get the same treatment from me so my ruling on this is a no.

Case E:[/d]

Ruling E: Whoops, yes I did.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
> tells someone they need to improve as a writer, and that you expect a certain level of quality and content
> uses "you're" instead of "your" more than once

Ouch. C'mon, Oddball_, you're better than this.

I'm not actually looking for "cut and dry." If I was, I wouldn't write paragraphs and paragraphs of backstory. I wouldn't take the time to build my character's core traits and spirituality (most people don't even think about those). I have gone to a great deal of effort to add depth, multiple facets, to this character.

So, when you tell me that my character isn't in-depth enough, but don't give specifics aside from reformatting (which doesn't change the information), it's just... neither constructive nor truthful.

I don't look for this kind of negativity in a GM.

Oddball_

Years
Firstly, I was on a phone. Y'know how they do that auto correct thing? Yeah.

And Secondly, I'm not going to bother trying to help you anymore when you clearly don't want to be helped. Furthermore, I don't want this kind of negativity in my RP. Best of luck on finding a GM who will run whatever it is you seem to be looking for, i'm sorry I won't be the one to do it.

DENIED

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

Hey there man, sorry to see you got denied like that. Real bummer.

Clearly you're really new to this sort of thing. So I'll give you a few pointers so that next time you can make the grade. ~

1: What the GM says goes. It's his RP, so if he tells you to change something? Do it. If you don't agree with the changes? Try a new character... or just leave, that works too. Nobody likes to work with someone who rants on and on about a sub-par character idea and fills the OOC with useless dribble.

2: Try to be polite and friendly! A passive aggressive attitude, just as a random example, would almost certainly make you look like a spiteful and overly defensive little internet troll, this is the sort of behavior we try to avoid in our community, so as to better get along with one another and enjoy the RP experience alongside one another as a team. Why if someone went as far as to contantly question the GM AND make little quips and passive aggressive comments, hypothetically speaking I'm pretty sure all the other players in the RP would want that person gone regardless and would probably have no desire nor intention to ever work with that person anyway.

3: Try to make your characters NOT special snowflakes with weird intrusive abilities that could interrupt the flow of the plot! RP's are a delicate balance of player interaction and legitimate storytelling. It's important to really make your character shine through their personality and history rather than to lump them with some stupid gimmick that makes problems for the GM anyway. Maybe in a solo story or fanfiction this would be great! But for an RP it's a horrible idea unless you work with the GM personally to make sure it fits... and let's not forget about asking permission first and not, say, randomly posting that nonsense out of nowhere for an eager GM to have to wade through!

Anyway, it's always good to see people try their hand at RP and we all have to start somewhere! Maybe things got a bit heated but I'm certain this was a great learning experience for you... and you'll definitely do way better in the future! I hope! We all do!

Best of luck in your future RP endeavors and I'm sure we'll see you around the forum. <3

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
I'm surprised you're telling me point number 2, Jay. I feel as if I was being attacked with that kind of attitude by the other Oddball. It was really rather rude, I found.

As for points number 1 and 3, I have interacted with several other GMs with this very character, and they are all willing to work together with me.

Though, don't get me wrong, I do think your points are good guidelines.

Also... "Sub-par character idea"? Why are you jabbing my Natu, too? What is it with that?

I really don't feel welcome at all thanks to remarks like this, which is weird because every other thread I've been in RPT has been nice to its players.
This is just... I don't think this is ok.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2018
Wow I've been gone for too long.

Sorry about that! My intention was to hop into the RP much sooner than this, but then the end of my school semester kicked my butt with loads of work and then Christmas and then New Year's and...well, I'm sure a lot of you know how it goes. |D

I'm sorry about my absence. Now that my life has calmed down again (school won't start until the 23rd for me) let's see about getting my foot in the door, shall we? DIOGO, AWAY!!!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

Jabbing at your Natu? Me? No no no... I didn't mean to imply anything in particular. You see that was meant in a much more general sense. Nobody is jabbing anything at all. You responded very defensively to the GM's comments... and you specifically stated that you weren't willing to change the character as requested.

I'm sure, being reasonable as you are, that you are capable of seeing my point of view here friend. The thing is, Oddball_ had every right to deny you there and then, to tell you to leave and never return ever again. But alas, he did not he told you why he didn't like it and gave you an ultimatum that you could have accepted.

Alas friend, you persisted. You persisted in force. You continued to go against the GM ruling rather vehemently. From anybody with a reasonable and understanding perspective, it makes sense the GM here would be-

He'd-

Twitch.

I guess trying to sugarcoat things for the sake of avoiding an argument really ain't my style.

Sighs.

Look.

Don't victimize yourself and try to act like the world is turning against you. I don't like to get involved with these little spats but you were in the wrong and very much trying to make it look like you were the one being wronged. In the real world, you were being ignorant, stubborn and opposing the GM at every turn because you got offended, because the character you worked hard on got denied for valid reasons.

I'm not going to continue this further because there's no point. Now stop with the nonsense typed out run on sentences and instead of trying to make it look like you're being belittled, come to the realization that you should have handled this way better than you did.

Otherwise, I genuinely wish you better luck in more RPs in the future. Try not to take this to a ridiculously personal level and learn from it instead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If a GM has comments about a SU, a player should do their best to not take them as insults, as a vast majority of GMs here really are trying to help their players rather than to work against them.

If a GM and player can't agree on what's suitable, it's reasonable to conclude that the character (or the player) are not a good fit for the particular RP. This isn't a strange thing, and happens every now and then. Since ordinaryOddball isn't part of the RP now, this is where this banter stops - neither ordinaryOddball nor Jay (nor the GM for that matter) need to say more on this here.

Good luck with the RP!

Oddball_

Years
Moving on as of Friday by the way guys! (Just incase anybody here isn't in Discord!) Make sure to have any posts finished and posted by then.

Years
Xiao will be taking on Squad 1. He thinks he can take on that Ariados by himself! If anyone wants to help him out, he'll probably need it.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Either Squad 1 or Squad 3. Mrrow's available to team up with! :D

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Yeah, this fight isn't good for Chrys. He's going to Squad 3 to clean up some weaker ones.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Bryony the Growlithe
appearance: She looks like a normal growlithe, but she's blind, and her eyecolor is a clear blue color. She's young, but almost an adult. Hr fur is a light cream color, not as dark as most fur on other growlithes.
history: She was adored and cherised by her family, until they realized she was blind, then she was chased off. She was born in Kalos, but when being chased off, she hid in a boat, and that is how she ended up in Alola. She didn't see it, but she later fell off a cliff. Before landing, something flew down and rescued her, but she doesn't know who or what it was. She hides from others, and when she meets them she is scared. She lives in a forest where not many pokemon live, but one day ended up in the village of Pokemon Plaza. She was not interested, especially when everyone treated her like a kid and was helping her only because she was blind, but after meeting some of the kind pokemon who live there, she likes to visit.
Personality: Bryony is secretly very kind, but she doesn't show it. She probably would, if she trusted others not to abandon her like her family did. She doesn't like that she's blind, and doesn't want others to dislike her for it. Her temper is fiery, and when someone gets in her way she immediatley attacks them, and sometimes goes too far. She stands up for others, but not herself, too.
Moveset: Flareblitz, bite, roar, helping hand, odorsleuth, leer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back