• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon CAWPS. COMPLETED!

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Btw Crizzle,

Is it just like Outlaw in the sense that if you randomize the game (granted if you can), that it won't work well? I'm just curious.

I wouldn't recommend, randomizing opposing trainers. It would make some of the later battles, not make a lot of sense.

In CAWPS, there's a bit more diversity in the pokemon you can find in the wild. So, I'd think randomization isn't as needed as it might have been with Outlaw.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 23, 2020
yo crizzle,
so far this has been a great game. i just finished the weather institue event and went into some tall grass when I encountered a Latias!!! did you include both Latis in the game and made them roam around or did i just get super lucky? also can I catch the Regis or are they not available?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
yo crizzle,
so far this has been a great game. i just finished the weather institue event and went into some tall grass when I encountered a Latias!!! did you include both Latis in the game and made them roam around or did i just get super lucky? also can I catch the Regis or are they not available?

Only one Lati can be caught.

I'm not super enamored with catching legendary Pokemon(they're usually overpowered, I'd rather have them as enemies). And I really don't care for the Regis. So, I really didn't go out of my way to make them a part of the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Played Outlaw before and excited to play a female in this one :D

I just started and this mightt be a dumb question, but wanted to ask just to be sure. Is the physical/special split in?

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Played Outlaw before and excited to play a female in this one :D

I just started and this mightt be a dumb question, but wanted to ask just to be sure. Is the physical/special split in?

There are no dumb questions.

I decided against putting anything past gen III in this hack. I really enjoy the gen 3 experience, so I decided not to add something like the p/s split, no matter how logical of decision it would have.

Thanks so much for posting on this thread.

icyph0x

Innovative Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
It is pretty evident that you are a very chilled out guy and couldn't care less about what I'm gonna be saying. But I shall still try.
Things you should have put in:
  1. Custom Tiles
  2. Atleast Gen IV Pokemon
  3. Decapitalization (I spelt that right!)
  4. A little bit of work on sprites

I hope this helps in your future ROM hacks. Also, you are free to PM me and yell out loud. I'm not any person to judge, just thought this might help. 'Positive Criticism'

Thanks and good luck!

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
GameFreak should hire you to make a M rated pokemon game series

They really should. If they did, I could drop out of college and not worry about stupid classes and job hunting.

when i open the game its just a white screen! HEEEEEEEELP

In your emulator, try to change the "save type" to 128K flash.

It is pretty evident that you are a very chilled out guy and couldn't care less about what I'm gonna be saying. But I shall still try.
Things you should have put in:
  1. Custom Tiles
  2. Atleast Gen IV Pokemon
  3. Decapitalization (I spelt that right!)
  4. A little bit of work on sprites

I hope this helps in your future ROM hacks. Also, you are free to PM me and yell out loud. I'm not any person to judge, just thought this might help. 'Positive Criticism'

Thanks and good luck!

It's essay time...

Custom Tiles? It's not a bad idea but I like Gamefreak's tiles. I certainly doubt that I could make tiles that are any better(they'd probably be much worse). Besides, I made this hack with the intention of it having Emerald's tiles. Maybe in a future hack I'd consider it.
Gen IV Pokemon? Why? Nothing really special about most Pokemon past Gen III(my opinion). They aren't bad but not worth putting the effort of implementing them(my opinion). Only Lucario would be worth the trouble(Lucario is awesome).
Decapitilization?(confident that I spelled it wrong). I always thought this issue was hilarious. I never understood why Pokemon games always fully capitalized the names of people, pokemon, items, etc. But at the same time, I never understood why it bothered people so much. Sure, I could use a decapitilization patch but it's not worth the trouble. I'd rather just stick with the style of the original games.
Work on sprites? Ehh, you're probably right. I need to get better at making sprites. But I thought I did a better job making overworld and trainer sprites in this one, than in my previous hack.

Regardless, thanks for your feedback. Thanks caring, even a little bit.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
yeah i just deleted my post. i noticed that after the fact. i was meaning to post on outlaw. i swear the little tab in my browser said outlaw. >.> of course...my computer has a tendency of jumping around because i click things to fast for it. i'm going to repost in the outlaw thread.

Vaigne

The Dark Dragon King Appears
Years
I used a clean Emerald UE ROM (played through to its entirety) and used Lunar IPS to patch but the game isn't starting. When I load it up I only get a white screen. I'm using VBA and I deleted my save file of emerald just incase, but still nothing.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I used a clean Emerald UE ROM (played through to its entirety) and used Lunar IPS to patch but the game isn't starting. When I load it up I only get a white screen. I'm using VBA and I deleted my save file of emerald just incase, but still nothing.

That's the exact opposite of the word what clean means. Clean means never used before or untouched.
Though the white screan issue could also be a problem with the "save type" in the VBA's settings(switching it from 64K flash to 128k flash or vise versa)

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
That's the exact opposite of the word what clean means. Clean means never used before or untouched.
Though the white screan issue could also be a problem with the "save type" in the VBA's settings(switching it from 64K flash to 128k flash or vise versa)

Having played through it shouldn't affect its cleanliness, it's only unclean if it's been modified in some way. It just looks finished because of the save file(s) but might not have had any rom changes done to it.

It sounds like the 128k issue to me.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Having played through it shouldn't affect its cleanliness, it's only unclean if it's been modified in some way. It just looks finished because of the save file(s) but might not have had any rom changes done to it.

It sounds like the 128k issue to me.

You're right. (But Vaigne still shouldn't have to play through his entire Emerald game should definitely not use his emerald save file with the patched CAWPS rom.)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
There are no dumb questions.

I decided against putting anything past gen III in this hack. I really enjoy the gen 3 experience, so I decided not to add something like the p/s split, no matter how logical of decision it would have.

Thanks so much for posting on this thread.

Ty! Wanted to be sure for planning moves. :D

Managed to beat it and loved it just as much Outlaw. The humor and story. Although that Lugia <.< Thank god for Ice Beam - Freeze otherwise I woulda gone crazy lmao I kept expecting the two police partners to betray tho lol Personally I found the length of the game just right. Taking out gyms didn't make it feel shorter since there was usually some challenge in place of em.

Back