The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Ruby [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2426    
Old June 5th, 2010 (11:18 PM).
Germaniac's Avatar
Germaniac Germaniac is offline
Victoria Concordia Crescit
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 564
    Whoa, the gym is same as the old beta 3, I see in your signature, You working on Jade Emerald, good luck
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2427    
    Old June 5th, 2010 (11:32 PM).
    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
    Memento Mori
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 14,530
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
    The updates are cool, but I may have to change Wally and Lucas' names to
    Walli and Lucus, because I'm changing Diamond's name to Lucas, and as Steven appeared in your hack, the Electric Type leader, Wally must have his name changed in case the players gets mixed up with the Wally in the Hoenn Region.
    Walli and Lucus? Sry but those are awful names :/
    What about Wayne and Luke?
    __________________
    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Reply With Quote
      #2428    
    Old June 6th, 2010 (10:42 AM).
    LassLaura's Avatar
    LassLaura LassLaura is offline
    Pikachu Ga Gotoku
       
      Join Date: May 2010
      Location: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 168
      Remember when Gym Leaders used to have names based on whatever their primary Pokemon type was? Whatever happened to that?
      Reply With Quote
        #2429    
      Old June 7th, 2010 (1:55 AM).
      Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
      Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
      Starting anew...
         
        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 3,074
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
        Walli and Lucus? Sry but those are awful names :/
        What about Wayne and Luke?
        It doesn't matter. As long as they pronouce the same, it's fine.
        Plus, those names are unique. And the reason to that is because
        they're more like custom names.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LassLaura View Post
        Remember when Gym Leaders used to have names based on whatever their primary Pokemon type was? Whatever happened to that?
        The leaders' names don't have to have their names based on their
        primary typed Pokemon. That's Nintendo style. But! This is a hack
        made by Wesley. He has his own unique style.
        __________________
        I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
        Reply With Quote
          #2430    
        Old June 7th, 2010 (2:30 AM).
        Poke_M0's Avatar
        Poke_M0 Poke_M0 is offline
        (Hidden)
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: In Mah Haws
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 52
          I finished the beta and i say its really good i will wait for the next beta released...!!!!
          Reply With Quote
            #2431    
          Old June 7th, 2010 (3:32 AM).
          giradialkia's Avatar
          giradialkia giradialkia is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Location: Ireland
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 1,554
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
          The leaders' names don't have to have their names based on their
          primary typed Pokemon. That's Nintendo style. But! This is a hack
          made by Wesley. He has his own unique style.
          Well, it's only kinda Nintendo's style, but they do stray from it occasionally. Look at Sabrina in Kanto- to my knowledge, that doesn't have a connection to the Psychic type. Although, sometimes it's so blatant it's stupid- Bugsy, Gardenia, etc.
          But I think it'd be better if you tried to make their names refer to their types, Wesley. Just my opinion, but it looks better, and it's one of those few things that it's okay to keep while still being original.
          __________________

          I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!


          This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
          Reply With Quote
            #2432    
          Old June 7th, 2010 (4:46 AM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,530
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
          It doesn't matter. As long as they pronouce the same, it's fine.
          Plus, those names are unique. And the reason to that is because
          they're more like custom names.
          But they really sound crappy :/

          To all fans: Could you tell us your opinions? Do you like SP's names or you'd prefer my or you have your own ideas?
          __________________
          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
          Reply With Quote
            #2433    
          Old June 7th, 2010 (4:48 AM).
          pokehacker12's Avatar
          pokehacker12 pokehacker12 is offline
          Hacking takes timeTT^TT
             
            Join Date: Apr 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 13
            wow you inspired me into rom hacking thanks
            __________________
            Pokemon Platinum Killer Team


            pokehacker12's PokePet

            Draco the level 99 Rayquaza!
            Reply With Quote
              #2434    
            Old June 7th, 2010 (5:49 AM).
            Alireza's Avatar
            Alireza Alireza is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 10
              what should I do in esmerald city in beta 2 ?
              Reply With Quote
                #2435    
              Old June 7th, 2010 (10:06 AM).
              LassLaura's Avatar
              LassLaura LassLaura is offline
              Pikachu Ga Gotoku
                 
                Join Date: May 2010
                Location: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 168
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post


                Well, it's only kinda Nintendo's style, but they do stray from it occasionally. Look at Sabrina in Kanto- to my knowledge, that doesn't have a connection to the Psychic type. Although, sometimes it's so blatant it's stupid- Bugsy, Gardenia, etc.
                But I think it'd be better if you tried to make their names refer to their types, Wesley. Just my opinion, but it looks better, and it's one of those few things that it's okay to keep while still being original.
                That's true, the only possible but very weak connection I found between Sabrina and psychic types is you get the name "Abra" if you mix the letters around a bit, or that it's possibly a reference to Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But a lot of Leaders and Elite 4 have type-themed names (Brock, Lt. Surge, Falkner, Pryce, Will, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Glacia, Drake, Volkner, Flint, etc.) so I think this naming scheme should be given some consideration, at least for a few of the Leaders.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                But they really sound crappy :/

                To all fans: Could you tell us your opinions? Do you like SP's names or you'd prefer my or you have your own ideas?
                I agree, they do sound crappy and not imaginative at all. Changing one letter of an existing name does not a new name make.

                What about Wyre (as in electrical wiring) for Wally instead? And what about Marsh (as in a watery swamp-like area) for Lucas?
                Reply With Quote
                  #2436    
                Old June 7th, 2010 (4:21 PM).
                BlazingShadow's Avatar
                BlazingShadow BlazingShadow is offline
                Stealth God
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Location: The World God Only Knows
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 70
                  Whoa this hack is best best there is can't wait for the next beta.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #2437    
                  Old June 8th, 2010 (1:30 AM).
                  Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                  Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                  Starting anew...
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 3,074
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LassLaura View Post
                    What about Wyre (as in electrical wiring) for Wally instead? And what about Marsh (as in a watery swamp-like area) for Lucas?
                    Yes, that's OK, but is there any word related to water and it starts with "L"?
                    __________________
                    I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #2438    
                    Old June 8th, 2010 (11:37 AM). Edited June 8th, 2010 by LassLaura.
                    LassLaura's Avatar
                    LassLaura LassLaura is offline
                    Pikachu Ga Gotoku
                       
                      Join Date: May 2010
                      Location: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 168
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
                      Yes, that's OK, but is there any word related to water and it starts with "L"?
                      Well there's Lake which can also be spelled as Laike, or Loch (the Scottish word for lake) which you could spell as Locke if you wanted to get fancy-shmancy.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #2439    
                      Old June 9th, 2010 (3:20 AM).
                      Poke_M0's Avatar
                      Poke_M0 Poke_M0 is offline
                      (Hidden)
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Location: In Mah Haws
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 52
                        I really love you hack but i have a question can we continue our save game if the next beta come out?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2440    
                        Old June 9th, 2010 (5:00 AM).
                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                        Memento Mori
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 14,530
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Poke_M0 View Post
                        I really love you hack but i have a question can we continue our save game if the next beta come out?
                        You can always save xD xD
                        But I guess you wanted to ask if you can use your old saves.
                        If yes then yes you can use it ;)
                        __________________
                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2441    
                        Old June 9th, 2010 (5:35 AM).
                        Maxim Maxim is offline
                        Heavy Metal Alchemist
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2005
                          Location: Srakaland Graveyard
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 649
                          I don't like the Leaders' names... At all.

                          First, they don't seem to relate to the types in any way. Sure, not that it's a neccessity. But it's always more creative to give Leaders names that are related to their types but not blatantly. The current names bother me. That "é" in "Jéssica" bothers me. I'm not a fan of "Kool Letterz". The Leader called Esmeralda in Esmerald City? Really? Wally sharing his name with an important canon character bothers me the most. And Lucas and Thomas are too plain to be Gym Leaders names.

                          I'm a good namer, they say. I love giving names. And if I were Wesley, I'd call those leaders that:

                          Bug girl - Ariadna (similar to Arachnid)
                          Grass girl - Florence (nice name, related to flowers)
                          Water guy - Deuterius (from Deuter, one of Hydrogen isotopes, which creates the so-called "heavy water")
                          Ghost guy - Auric (from "aura", you know, spiritual stuff)
                          Ground guy - Silas (from Silicon, one of the main element of Earth's chemical structure)
                          Electric guy - Newton (force unit, you know, not strictly electrical but physical and energy-related)
                          Ice girl - Aisey (cute name, similar to "icy") or Gladys (from glacier)

                          But that's just me. Do your hack your way, it's very cool anyway. But I just think that these Gym Leaders deserve to have better names.

                          What do you think about these names, people?
                          __________________
                          After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #2442    
                          Old June 9th, 2010 (5:55 AM).
                          personz5's Avatar
                          personz5 personz5 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 174
                            it freezes wen it gets to the tittle screen help?
                            Reply With Quote
                              #2443    
                            Old June 9th, 2010 (6:30 AM).
                            Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                            Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                            The Faltine
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2008
                              Location: Slovenia
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 3,577
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
                              I don't like the Leaders' names... At all.

                              First, they don't seem to relate to the types in any way. Sure, not that it's a neccessity. But it's always more creative to give Leaders names that are related to their types but not blatantly. The current names bother me. That "é" in "Jéssica" bothers me. I'm not a fan of "Kool Letterz". The Leader called Esmeralda in Esmerald City? Really? Wally sharing his name with an important canon character bothers me the most. And Lucas and Thomas are too plain to be Gym Leaders names.

                              I'm a good namer, they say. I love giving names. And if I were Wesley, I'd call those leaders that:

                              Bug girl - Ariadna (similar to Arachnid)
                              Grass girl - Florence (nice name, related to flowers)
                              Water guy - Deuterius (from Deuter, one of Hydrogen isotopes, which creates the so-called "heavy water")
                              Ghost guy - Auric (from "aura", you know, spiritual stuff)
                              Ground guy - Silas (from Silicon, one of the main element of Earth's chemical structure)
                              Electric guy - Newton (force unit, you know, not strictly electrical but physical and energy-related)
                              Ice girl - Aisey (cute name, similar to "icy") or Gladys (from glacier)

                              But that's just me. Do your hack your way, it's very cool anyway. But I just think that these Gym Leaders deserve to have better names.

                              What do you think about these names, people?
                              I couldn't agree with you more. The names you proposed are great and I hope Wesley decides to use them.
                              Send him a PM with those names.

                              Btw did you know Auric was Goldfinger's name? XD Auric Goldfinger, from James Bond.
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #2444    
                              Old June 9th, 2010 (8:23 AM).
                              SonicBlazePlatinum's Avatar
                              SonicBlazePlatinum SonicBlazePlatinum is offline
                              /)^3^(\
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2007
                              Location: Cloudsdale, Equestria
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 1,041
                              I agree with Tropical Sunlight and Maxim. If Wesley doesn't use them do you think Sarcastic Prince will in the translated version? I think he might or should.
                              __________________
                              Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Shadowbolt Pegasus.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #2445    
                              Old June 9th, 2010 (9:04 PM).
                              cspmoneymaker
                              Guest
                                 
                                Posts: n/a
                                This hack is definitely gonna be a hit when it's released !!! ;)
                                For quite a long time,finally there is something to compare to Ruby Destiny - Range of Legend. :D
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #2446    
                                Old June 10th, 2010 (1:21 AM).
                                Unknowndevil Unknowndevil is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                                  Posts: 41
                                  Hey
                                  sorry guys if this is asked (too lazy walk over 100 page to see)
                                  but what is the newest version of this game right now?
                                  beta 2 or beta 4
                                  I found a beta 4 version on youtube but on the first thread only beta 2 are there
                                  can anyone answer my question?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #2447    
                                  Old June 10th, 2010 (2:29 AM).
                                  Josephrulzyou's Avatar
                                  Josephrulzyou Josephrulzyou is offline
                                  Secret trainer
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2009
                                    Location: somewhere i belong
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Naughty
                                    Posts: 15
                                    Beta 4 that u seen in youtube was the old beta story. The new beta has upgraded story line and beta 2 is the latest installment in it.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #2448    
                                    Old June 10th, 2010 (4:08 AM).
                                    Poke_M0's Avatar
                                    Poke_M0 Poke_M0 is offline
                                    (Hidden)
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                                      Location: In Mah Haws
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 52
                                      Can't wait for the Beta release
                                      __________________




                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #2449    
                                      Old June 10th, 2010 (5:06 AM).
                                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                      Memento Mori
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                      Age: 25
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 14,530
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by cspmoneymaker View Post
                                      This hack is definitely gonna be a hit when it's released !!! ;)
                                      For quite a long time,finally there is something to compare to Ruby Destiny - Range of Legend. :D
                                      Um... you meant Reign of Legend right?

                                      @Unknowndevil : There was never beta 4 to begin with ;)
                                      There's only beta 3 of old LP and beta 2 of new.
                                      __________________
                                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #2450    
                                      Old June 10th, 2010 (2:57 PM).
                                      Bzhuan's Avatar
                                      Bzhuan Bzhuan is offline
                                      add a g to the end of my name
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2010
                                        Posts: 32
                                        what does LP stand for? Leafy Pikachu? seriously what?
                                        __________________

                                        90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.
                                        Make sure to check out my art thread! :
                                        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234235
                                        Reply With Quote
                                        Reply

                                        Quick Reply

                                        Join the conversation!

                                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 PM.