• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Update number 2! didnt get as much dine as i'd liked since im getting a little busy but...

Spoiler:

> since its late and we have to wait a while again, saved for now.

Number of badges : 1

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Chapter 7, Meanwhile, back in the land of Sapphire..
...I'm back. Sorry, but I was busy. But, in the past few days, I have made up for lost progress.
1. I beat 4 gyms. Wattson, Flannery, Norman, and Winona.
2. I caught my next teammate! Meet, I NEEDNAME the Electrode!
Seriously though, he needs a name. If you have one for him that is NOT B-Bomb, Sephiroth, Zelda, or Chain Chomp, than PLEASE! I need some! The name has to be a video game character/monster. Thank you, and happy Randomising!

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Chapter 7, Meanwhile, back in the land of Sapphire..
...I'm back. Sorry, but I was busy. But, in the past few days, I have made up for lost progress.
1. I beat 4 gyms. Wattson, Flannery, Norman, and Winona.
2. I caught my next teammate! Meet, I NEEDNAME the Electrode!
Seriously though, he needs a name. If you have one for him that is NOT B-Bomb, Sephiroth, Zelda, or Chain Chomp, than PLEASE! I need some! The name has to be a video game character/monster. Thank you, and happy Randomising!
Adelbert, after one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters?
Creeper?
Conker?
Tonberry?
EDIT: Joey!

...That's all I have right now.

Last edited:
Years
So this'll be my first update for Emerald...I guess...yep.

1) I chose to hack in Meditite because in Emerald, you have to trade to get it. That's the only one on my list that was not available in Emerald. And when they only start with Bide...goodness that is hard.

2)After Learning Confusion at lvl9, everything was sooooo much easier. And then I got to Rustboro and immediately went to 116 and caught the Whismur. :) I've always had a liking for these guys...

3) I was actually really worried about going into the gym with basically only Meditite, because Whismur only knew/knows normal type moves, so I trained him up to 15 and went in...He got all the gym leader's pokemon in one shot...Pretty proud of him.

And that's the first update. I'll probably do the same kind of update from now on because it seems easy enough. :P So thanks for reading and have a nice day. :D

Years
Adelbert, after one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters?
Creeper?
Conker?
Tonberry?
EDIT: Joey!

...That's all I have right now.

Let's go with Conker. :D Thank you! I like Conker's Bad Fur Day, so that works!
Conker the Electrode, I like that. :D
EDIT: I have now just finished Mt. Pyre, and i have caught my next team member! Meet, NAME? PLS? the female Heracross! The Heracross in the safari zone did NOT want to be caught. But I had a bit of luck with her. I hate to ask(no I don't, I just can't think of names), but could I get a name for a female Heracross? It needs to be a video game character/monster name that is not Zelda, Sephiroth, ChainChomp, or Conker. Thanks!

Zelda/Gardevoir OT: Espeon Lv 36 Female Synchronize Lonely 1. Psychic 2. Calm Mind 3. Confusion 4. Teleport

Sephiroth/Nuzleaf OT: Brendan(My Emerald name) Lv 36 Male Early Bird Relaxed 1. Bide 2. Faint Attack 3. Bullet Seed 4. Nature Power

ChainChomp/Lairon OT: Espeon Lv 34 Male Sturdy Modest 1. Headbutt 2. Iron Defense 3. Mud Slap 4. Iron Tail

Conker/Electrode OT: Espeon Lv 35 Genderless Soundproof Serious 1. Rollout 2. Selfdestruct 3. Sonicboom 4. Spark

NAME? PLS?/Heracross OT: Espeon Lv 29 Female Swarm Serious 1. Horn attack 2. Endure 3. Fury Attack 4. Brick Break

Espeon
Money: $29074
Pokedex: 30
Play Time: 28:05
Badges: 7

Oh, and here is the name raters "prophecy" for the nickname of Conker, found on the NAME RATER SHOW
"Hmhm...
Hmm...
This nickname is...
A nickname that hints at talent in many different ways.
I urge this TRAINER to take courage and take on many challenges.
The nickname Conker is rooted by the letter "o."
That letter is supported by the first letter "C," which gives it a solid sense of presence as a nickname.
But I must say, Espeon has a most remarkable flair for devising nicknames.
It is my hope that the TRAINER will continue to treat Conker with love."

Hey there! I still need a name for my female Heracross, and now I need a name for my female Clamperl, who will be in the hall of fame as a Gorebyss. In case you are a newcomer around here, here are the rules for the name. 1. It MUST be a video game character/monster 2. It can't be Zelda, Sephiroth, ChainChomp, or Conker. Thank you, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I have now beaten Tate & Liza. It was relatively easy, Solrock was a butt, though. But, Sephiroth and ChainChomp were able to take care of them on the second try, so they were actually easier than Wattson.........

Geez, no one has posted yet? Oh well. I just wanted to say that, as I have beaten Tate & Liza, i have beaten the Team Aqua hideout near Lilycove. I can also take male names for my Clamperl, because I have a male backup incase I get better male names than female names. Thank you, and please post soon.

Last edited:

TY

240.png
137.png
121.png
8.png
102.png
188.png

And i'd like to join in myself

Name: ShadowExcadrill
Version: HeartGold
Number Of Pokemon: 6
Other: none of the same type (some diversity is good >:D)

Years
Hey there Dark! Your pokemon are;
Crobat
Delibird EDIT: Here you go Shadow, take a Mr. Mime instead. :D Glad to know i am not the only one who dosent like Delibird.
Golduck
Typhlosion
Forteress
and Heracross
Hey, on MY challenge, I am using a Heracross too! That is kinda cool!
EDIT: These pokemon are instead going to ShadowExcadrill. He ninjad me.
EDIT: Just to let you guys know, he VM'd me about the Delibird.

Last edited:

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Well, lemme do this, maybe I'll actually do it this time.
Name: Pokehearts
Version: White 2
Number Of Pokemon: 6
Other: No pokemon of the same type. I don't like that. Though, if it's two Pokemon of the same type as a secondary (like if I had Lucario and Poliwrarth) that'd be cool. No NFE pokemon either.

Last edited:
Years
Alright I'm going to try this :D
Name: Clemstar
Version: Silver
Number Of Pokemon: 5
Other: everything welcome. NFE's, legendaries, pokemon with the same type. Throw whatever you generate at me :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Name: Simple Concept
Game: Diamond
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No. However, pokemon that don't evolve at all are okay (eg Absol, Tropius, etc.)
Restrictions: At least one pokemon must be able to learn Fly and/or Surf. I am able to hack using an AR; I can get any Pokemon from earlier generations.
My Team;
Pachirisu, Togekiss, Luxray, Flareon, Honchkrow, Pelipper.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Simple Concept
Game: Diamond
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No. However, pokemon that don't evolve at all are okay (eg Absol, Tropius, etc.)
Restrictions: At least one pokemon must be able to learn Fly and/or Surf. I am able to hack using an AR; I can get any Pokemon from earlier generations.

Here is your team Simple Concept:
417.png
468.png
405.png
136.png
430.png
279.png

It looks interesting. Does it work for you? Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Looks perfect, Clemstar. I'll get started immediately. <3

I'll also be posting logs for the more important things, more or less updates on my progress, for those who are interested in keeping track of my little journey.

Years
Update #1
Spoiler:

Update #2

Spoiler:

This is turning out to be far too easy so far. I can't wait to catch another pokemon.
I have been using super speed quite a bit. Is this okay or is it against the rules?

Last edited:

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
Hello everyone !

Name: Xemnas
Game: FireRed
Number of Pokemon: 5
NFEs: No
Restrictions:No Legendaries and the three dogs/birds/golems

I look forward to play it !!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have been using super speed quite a bit. Is this okay or is it against the rules?
Far as I know there's no rule against this. Challenges almost never restrict stuff like that.
Hello everyone !

Name: Xemnas
Game: FireRed
Number of Pokemon: 5
NFEs: No
Restrictions:No Legendaries and the three dogs/birds/golems

I look forward to play it !!
The dogs, birds, and golems are all legendary Pokemon, there was no need to list them separate.

113.png
59.png
20.png
121.png
76.png

Enkoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back