• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
Years
Frequency of cameos?

Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?

Last edited:
Years
Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?
This belongs in the FAQ thread.~

To answer your question, they do reference older seasons, but those references get less common each saga. In Black and White there are almost no references at all, Ash didn't even remember how to properly catch a Pokemon.
Misty appeared a few times in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier, and May appeared once in Sinnoh. Dawn and Brock both got specials in Black and White as well. Hoenn and the Battle Frontier are the closest things we have to a mature and experienced Ash, he even acts as a mentor to May at times.
We rarely get to see Ash's old Pokemon. We see quite a few during the Battle Frontier, and he uses them during the Sinnoh League as well. A certain member from his Johto squad evolves during the Sinnoh league as well.

After the Johto League Gary randomly left to become a Pokemon Researcher. He appears at the end of the Battle Frontier and a couple times in Sinnoh.

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
Years
Thanks for the redirect.
I think I'll be getting back into this soon, I've got a lot of ground to cover. Thanks for the detailed info!

XUMENG34

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
hello

Hello,I'm not interested in playing games,but fond of anime, so I wanna know the differences between the games and anime,I mean, sometimes they seems in a similiar style.Thanks!

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Pleeease,I need your help...=( Thank you...
c4c3894c7c54.jpg

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Question: What is the deal with Arcanine?

Arcanine is one of the strongest Fire Pokemon in the anime. I never thought
about it much before, but Arcanine's description calls it a "legendary" Pokemon, yet it can be caught naturally, can breed, and is an evolved Pokemon. WHAT??
I need somebody to figure this out!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It doesn't ring any bells for me SonicTH, but i'll search around for you.

No, Arcanine is not a Legendery. That term is just used in the PokéDex to describe it's strength and species - but that can just be thought as a matter of opinion. Anyway, it can't be because Legendaries cannot evolve.

I found an artical on it from Wikipedia; (although this isn't a trustworthy source I do agree it somewhat makes sense.)
Wikipedia said:
Arcanine's species is classified as "Legendary" in the Pokédex, although the word is probably used in an entirely different context than with the actual Legendary Pokémon. It is theorized, however, that Arcanine was one of the original three Legendary Pokémon, the other two being Zapdos and Articuno. It is thought the game designers decided to make all three legendary Pokémon birds and so they replaced Arcanine's status as the legendary fire Pokémon with Moltres.[citation needed] They did, however, give it the label of "Legendary Pokémon". Arcanine's sum of base stats are the highest below 580, which is the benchmark for Legendary Pokémon like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

In the Series 1 episode: "Emergency!" An image of Arcanine appears on a stone tablet of Legendary Pokémon, alongside Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
As Mew said it is not Legendary in pokemon terms of what a legendary is. Especially in the anime when you have "Legendary" pokemon in the game that are common(not super common) like the regis, Heatran, the bird trio, Shaymin. According to Bulbapedia he is based off a Korean mythical creature Xiezhi which resembles a lion but is a fire dog. Its probably no mistake that Arcanine was released as an event pokemon in 2009 Battle Series tournament, which was Korean exclusive. I don't know about Arcanine being one of the strongest Fire types since we have seen plenty of Ash Charizard and pokes like Harrison Blaziken. And Phione is a pre evo of Manaphy, although it cannot directly evolve into Manaphy.

Years
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
c4c3894c7c54.jpg
Judging by the animation style I'm positive that screen is from an episode in seasons 1-5... I'll do some searching around to help you as well.

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Mew~ and Kirbychu,aww,thank you,thank you so much! I'll be very glad if you can help me!!!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
c4c3894c7c54.jpg

Well it looks like a Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro and if I remember correctly that would be from EP244 called Enlighten Up!

Years
Hey all, I have a question that seems impossible to find an answer to by normal means. I am wondering, on the trailer for Pokemon:Black and White, the one recently shown on English tv channels, what is the name of the song that is played? I am meaning the trailer that is just saying "get a chance to preview the new series, pokemon:black and white this Sunday at 9.25am". The only part you hear from the song is "come on!" then a little guitar solo after. Any information would be really helpful, thanks in advance!

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Mew~,Kirbychu,vaporeon7,THANK YOU, thank you guys! You helped me so much)!!! Thank you for your responsiveness!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2011
Searching for Pokemon Music

Hi fellows,
I registered to this forum because I've been looking for battle music I heard in an episode of Pokemon. Whenever I google it or try to find it on YouTube, I get redirected to the most common Battle Music used in Pokemon, which is not what I'm looking for at all.

It's in Episode 312, 'The Spheal of Approval'. I found a website that streams this episode, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, so sorry about that.
If you do find a website that has the episode, the music I'm looking for plays around 18:30. Can anyone identify it and perhaps direct me to a page I can listen and/or download it?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back