• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
INCOMING!!!

Spoiler:

DON'T wish me luck!!!
:20:

EDIT:
27,135 At the end of tonight. :P

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
3627 Spiritomb.

i come bearing shininess!!

Congrats! Happy birthday!! What a great birthday present, haha! Even with the flash, your picture is still many times better than mine, "lol."

No, Zabi isn't on a banning spree. SHU has been dying for a while now, and hopefully we'll pick up the refugees, haha.

Welcome, Ozzy!!! It's great to have someone as powerful as you shiny hunting. :) Experience the awesomeness!

Haha, I wonder if I should invest in a SoulSilver of my own?!

Yes!

I accept the challenge!!!

Yes!

Wow! Surprising how close we are in numbers! xD

Yes!

What a challenge! This method might just be insane enough, as you put it! Watch as the shiny gods give me a shiny tonight just so they can laugh in my face...

Yes!

I certainly hope you too... lose... this competition! May bad luck rain down!..?

Yes!

DON'T wish me luck!!!

Good luck, TSE! :pink_tongue:

I have a question. If you're searching for a specific shiny in the wild, do you count all of your encounters, or just the encounters with that specific Pokemon?

I count all of the encounters. It would take so much more energy to figure out what Pokemon it is you're facing and then having to think about whether you have to count it or not, haha. Also, it makes your number higher and would be helpful for things like beating TSE in the insanity challenge.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Thanks everyone for being so nice =)

Isnt Rykerr from SHU? guess Zabi's on a ban spree again.........

Pretty much what G-Money said, SHU has been dead lately so I went searching for other places to chat.

Also, congrats on the Girafarig =) One of the many shinies that I would like to hunt some day >.<

So... I was making a new avatar and I found a really adorable picture of Mudkip. So while I was recoloring it (took me forever because I'm a GIMP noob) I was trying to think of what to put on the avatar, and I thought of "Merry Mudkip". That made me lol. Then I thought of "Sassy Swampert", which also makes me lol.

My question for everyone is, Do you have any funny shinies?

I ask because I have a shiny Sassy Swampert and I find him to be hilarious >.<

Has anyone gotten any shinies in funny ways or does anyone have shinies with funny names/natures?

Also, I'm going away until Tuesday, just so everyone knows that I didn't join just to ditch you all two days later =P

That is all XD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Hi joining c: I own tonnes of shinies but these are all traded, chained or from RNG, so it's about time to get some proper ones! SS keeps telling me how great it is and that I should hunt, so here I am!

Buizel! T'was my first ever chain breed <3

So yeah, started my first hunt a week or so ago. It's not been going very fast (since I'm incredibly lazy) but I'm doing REs in Pinwheel Forest. Aiming for a shiny Sewaddle but I wouldn't be too upset if I get a more common Pokemon instead. At just over 400 REs so far (I count using PP, there's probably a quicker way of doing it but at least I can train at the same time :p) and I'm aiming to do 100 or so a day, but judging by what G-Money said, it takes roughly 8,000 REs on average to get a shiny... -cries- Best get back to it then! c:

Buizel it is. I already have one but more won't hurt + wind farm is EASY to chain in.

I love RNGing but I only go for flawless stats never shinys from RNG.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I never understood how chaining worked so never bothered with it.. BUT YOU CAN CHAIN EEVEES?? OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG.

Congratulations Keruso! You're just a champion at shiny hunting. Bows down.

GOODLUCK TheShinyEevee, I really really hope you get a shiny very very VERY soon... :D

Welcome Alex! I hope you get some legit shinies >.> :P

@G-Money! Youll get spirit on 3993 I think. So hang in there!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
HNI_0025.jpg

That.. That..

That was the Poochyena that attacked Professor Birch. :'(

There is no story to tell here. Ruby got here last night, I opened it this morning
(dry battery), started playing, and bam, that shows. Of course, before I had gotten Pokeballs. I killed it in two hits :(

I'm currently playing through Ruby, when I get bored of that I'll head to Route 101 and try to reclaim it.

Other than that, nothing's happened since my last post, I plan to start hunting more though.

Good luck everyone!

Years
HNI_0025.jpg

That.. That..

There is no story to tell here. Ruby got here last night, I opened it this morning
(dry battery), started playing, and bam, that shows. Of course, before I had gotten Pokeballs. I killed it in two hits :(

I'm currently playing through Ruby, when I get bored of that I'll head to Route 101 and try to reclaim it.

Other than that, nothing's happened since my last post, I plan to start hunting more though.

Good luck everyone!
Oh no! The horror stories of shiny fails... I'm sorry about that... I wish you the best of luck in reclaiming it...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
HNI_0025.jpg

That.. That..

Good luck everyone!

I feel your pain, man.

Do you have any funny shinies?
Chiny, my Unown. It's name makes it seem (somewhat) Chinese? But the name actually comes from C and Shiny :laugh: Original, right?

Years
Good luck, TSE! :pink_tongue:

Grrr.
Good luck, G-Money!

Thanks everyone for being so nice =)

Pretty much what G-Money said, SHU has been dead lately so I went searching for other places to chat.

Also, congrats on the Girafarig =) One of the many shinies that I would like to hunt some day >.<

So... I was making a new avatar and I found a really adorable picture of Mudkip. So while I was recoloring it (took me forever because I'm a GIMP noob) I was trying to think of what to put on the avatar, and I thought of "Merry Mudkip". That made me lol. Then I thought of "Sassy Swampert", which also makes me lol.

I ask because I have a shiny Sassy Swampert and I find him to be hilarious >.<

Has anyone gotten any shinies in funny ways or does anyone have shinies with funny names/natures?

Also, I'm going away until Tuesday, just so everyone knows that I didn't join just to ditch you all two days later =P

That is all XD

Haha, nice Swampert XD
Well.... No, not yet, really. D:

Buizel it is. I already have one but more won't hurt + wind farm is EASY to chain in.

I love RNGing but I only go for flawless stats never shinys from RNG.

Good luck on Buizel (I don't know how much luck is really required since I'm sure you're a brilliant chains-man, but still.)

I never understood how chaining worked so never bothered with it.. BUT YOU CAN CHAIN EEVEES?? OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG.

GOODLUCK TheShinyEevee, I really really hope you get a shiny very very VERY soon... :D

You can indeed with utmost difficulty!

Ugh! Nooo!
Thanks anyway, but I don't!! XD

HNI_0025.jpg

That.. That..

Good luck everyone!

No way.
I'm so sorry buddy ): You weren't even SRing or anything? That must be horrible!
Hopefully the shiny gods will offer you a fast reclaim. ):

EDIT:
OMGZ
xD
Just hit (lolol) 10,000 Ho-oh SRs! :D

EDIT II:
So.
Ending today.
In total, I'm up to: 27,525
Today's been brilliant for hunting!
I reached:
4k Treecko,
7k Giratina, and more importantly:
10k Ho-oh!!! :D My first 5-digit hunt! Woop!

Hoping to reach 30k by the end of the weekend :3

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Well current update on the Buizel hunt I am half way on my chain... only taken 30 minutes lol. But thought I would show my previous chains and my current record highest on Diamond with a lot of shinys gotten from it.

So if anyone wants to check that out the link is here.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Man I hate not being able to post as much as I would like too anyway...
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 6K SRs
Axew - 50 Eggs <- this will probably stay like that until I get my route 18 shiny
Route 18 - 465 REs
Anyway I am gonna hunt Combee on HG as soon as I get Ho-oh cause I discovered their is a special tree just north of the Nugget Bridge that has 65% Combee and 35% Slakoth when you headbutt it. My plan is to get a male Cute Charmer and place in front. I just learned a few days ago that cute charm has an outside of battle effect and it makes the odds of finding a pokemon with the opposite gender as the cute charmer 66% regardless of gender ratios. So with the odds of finding a female in my favor I really can't wait to hunt combee.
EDIT: Oh I forgot to ask, is the general consensus that you CAN hunt on a Ruby (or Sapphire) with a dry battery, cause I want to hunt on Route 111, but if you can't hunt on a dry battery I don't want to waste my time hunting .

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone.

Welcome to all new members.

Spoiler:

Ok, here it goes:

View attachment 64291

It appeared this morning; after my oshawott appeared I decided to give a try on the legendary musketeers, and it may be a coincidence that all the pokemon I have got recently all have blue color.

Cya later guys and happy hunting.

Years
Ok, here it goes:

View attachment 64291

It appeared this morning; after my oshawott appeared I decided to give a try on the legendary musketeers, and it may be a coincidence that all the pokemon I have got recently all have blue color.

Cya later guys and happy hunting.

Congratulations to you! Another wonderful shiny for your collection!

And....
As it happens....
Another for mine too!!!

That's right; my chain of numbers is broken! Now I'm just waiting to see what number G gets to - but I've probably lost!
(G, since that's the 7k from this hunt, do I just minus 7k from my total or reset to 0 in our challenge? :P)

So, I'll put you out of your misery - I got Giratina!
I got hugely lucky and caught him on something like the 5th Dusk Ball, full health, paralysed. He's Quiet natured and I called him Avus Nasci (long story). It totalled in at 7318 SRs (or 28,610 if you include all of my SRs :P)
Spoiler:

It's there :P The video will be up later too. (Are we allowed to post videos here? Haha).
EDIT:
Counted...
1 Quick Ball,
5 Dusk Balls.
None shook at all apart from the one that caught it!

Last edited:
Years
Either way... I'm not at home right now... And since chaining is more of a fragile way of getting shinies... Maybe I might try doing so in Platinum for a vacation shiny...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Very nice shiny there. 2 ones i want to eventually get. well got my vhain up to 40 planning to catch around 5 then just max chain and win the chain contest lol

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
4077 Spiritomb. I'm back in the lead! :cer_laugh:
*laughs at TSE but averts glance from Razor*

I love your avatar! It looks so colorful and happy. :)

I don't really have any funny shinies, unfortunately. I did get my shiny Bulbasaur while walking down the stairs, though. I was literally hunting at every second of the day at the time, "lol."

I also got my shiny Torchic while SRing for Mudkip and I forgot to move the cursor over, "lol." I looked down expecting a Mudkip to come out of the Pokeball and hoping it would be shiny, but a shiny Torchic came out instead!! I'll take a shiny when I can get one, "lol." :cer_laugh:

@G-Money! Youll get spirit on 3993 I think. So hang in there!

I was really hoping I would, haha. Thanks for the optimistic prediction, though; maybe the shiny gods will take what they originally planned and average it with yours! Either way, your prediction brings down the total number of Spiritomb I'll need.

The key is to figure out the number, put the hunt "on hold" when I'm one away from getting a shiny, and then start a new hunt to keep my number high enough to beat TSE...

No!!!!!!!! The curse of the DUPE!

Remain steadfast, ShinySearcher: this is a good omen!! You'll get your shiny soon! :cer_wink:

EDIT: Oh I forgot to ask, is the general consensus that you CAN hunt on a Ruby (or Sapphire) with a dry battery, cause I want to hunt on Route 111, but if you can't hunt on a dry battery I don't want to waste my time hunting .

Tough question. I really don't know, but I don't like what I'm hearing. TSE told me that R/S post-battery death function like Emerald, wherein you get a certain set of characteristics, including shininess, after a certain amount of time from turning on the game. For example, you might have shiny frames at 1 hour 20 minutes 5 seconds, another at 3 hours 4 minutes 5 seconds, and another at 7 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds. This makes SRing impossible and REing frustrating, since if you encounter at a steady rate, you'll see the same exact Pokemon in each batch. But the likelihood is that you don't encounter at a steady rate (grass takes different times to throw Pokemon at you, you get distracted, you spend differing amounts of times running, etc.), so you'll see some of the same Pokemon and some different ones, giving you an inkling of hope but making the hunt less efficient than a 4th/5th Gen or FR/LG one. And if you're REing and encounter a Pokemon at 1 hour 20 minutes 4 seconds, you're trapped in the battle for at least another 3 seconds and have missed your shiny frame, and now you have to wait another 2 hours just for another chance. But you turn your game off and resume hunting on another day, but now you're just going through the same sets you saw before. It could be really frustrating and potentially take a long time. :(

I hope I'm wrong with something in there. I want my shiny Nincada!!!! :cer_pissed:

Congrats!! You're on a shiny spree!!

Another for mine too!!!

That's right; my chain of numbers is broken! Now I'm just waiting to see what number G gets to - but I've probably lost!
(G, since that's the 7k from this hunt, do I just minus 7k from my total or reset to 0 in our challenge? :P)

Congratulations!!!! This shiny has the double sweetness of being both good for you (because you get a shiny) and for me as well (because now I'm leading the race)!! Way to go!!

Your whole number doesn't reset, just the Giratina one. So subtract ~7k from your total or just add up all your other hunts.

So there are some tough decisions to make here and intricate strategies to forge. Do you push up Ho-oh's numbers and risk losing all 10k? Or do you start a new hunt so that if you get a shiny, the number won't be that big for you to lose and you'll still have the extra 10k?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Well now that I have joined the shiny chain contest... here is the picture of my first buizel as was suggest I get by a few members here

buizel.jpg

Currently standing at 2 shiny Buizel and a chain of 42. not my official submission. That will be after I get bored of chaining and restart on spiritomb

Whats this other contest on SR btw... im curious lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-04-29125443.jpg

Hello, there!!

Yes, i did have Amphoros up front because i actually wanted Magnemite as my target, but today i had a swarm of Snubbull, so i moved my (fainted) Staryu back to the front to encounter them. i was reading up on a Serebii forum when i looked out of the corner of my eye and saw a different Magnemite, and sure enough, the sparkles rang out!!! I was also hoping for the Space Cow and Bull (Miltank and Tauros)

2012-04-29125624.jpg

i will be using him in the future (thats why i encounter sometimes). probably trade him over to B/W2 when they get released.

im going to continue to encounter here for the rest of today (i started hunting at around 10am, my time. this came a few moments ago) i really do want a Snubbull. if nothing shows, then i'll move to my next area, which what i want next is Stantler (i got Girafarig (PALINDRONE!!!!) so why not?)

Years
Either way... I'm not at home right now... And since chaining is more of a fragile way of getting shinies... Maybe I might try doing so in Platinum for a vacation shiny...

Good luck with it!

Very nice shiny there. 2 ones i want to eventually get. well got my vhain up to 40 planning to catch around 5 then just max chain and win the chain contest lol

4077 Spiritomb. I'm back in the lead! :cer_laugh:
*laughs at TSE but averts glance from Razor*

I love your avatar! It looks so colorful and happy. :)

I don't really have any funny shinies, unfortunately. I did get my shiny Bulbasaur while walking down the stairs, though. I was literally hunting at every second of the day at the time, "lol."

I also got my shiny Torchic while SRing for Mudkip and I forgot to move the cursor over, "lol." I looked down expecting a Mudkip to come out of the Pokeball and hoping it would be shiny, but a shiny Torchic came out instead!! I'll take a shiny when I can get one, "lol." :cer_laugh:

I was really hoping I would, haha. Thanks for the optimistic prediction, though; maybe the shiny gods will take what they originally planned and average it with yours! Either way, your prediction brings down the total number of Spiritomb I'll need.

The key is to figure out the number, put the hunt "on hold" when I'm one away from getting a shiny, and then start a new hunt to keep my number high enough to beat TSE...

No!!!!!!!! The curse of the DUPE!

Remain steadfast, ShinySearcher: this is a good omen!! You'll get your shiny soon! :cer_wink:

Tough question. I really don't know, but I don't like what I'm hearing. TSE told me that R/S post-battery death function like Emerald, wherein you get a certain set of characteristics, including shininess, after a certain amount of time from turning on the game. For example, you might have shiny frames at 1 hour 20 minutes 5 seconds, another at 3 hours 4 minutes 5 seconds, and another at 7 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds. This makes SRing impossible and REing frustrating, since if you encounter at a steady rate, you'll see the same exact Pokemon in each batch. But the likelihood is that you don't encounter at a steady rate (grass takes different times to throw Pokemon at you, you get distracted, you spend differing amounts of times running, etc.), so you'll see some of the same Pokemon and some different ones, giving you an inkling of hope but making the hunt less efficient than a 4th/5th Gen or FR/LG one. And if you're REing and encounter a Pokemon at 1 hour 20 minutes 4 seconds, you're trapped in the battle for at least another 3 seconds and have missed your shiny frame, and now you have to wait another 2 hours just for another chance. But you turn your game off and resume hunting on another day, but now you're just going through the same sets you saw before. It could be really frustrating and potentially take a long time. :(

I hope I'm wrong with something in there. I want my shiny Nincada!!!! :cer_pissed:

Congrats!! You're on a shiny spree!!

Congratulations!!!! This shiny has the double sweetness of being both good for you (because you get a shiny) and for me as well (because now I'm leading the race)!! Way to go!!

Your whole number doesn't reset, just the Giratina one. So subtract ~7k from your total or just add up all your other hunts.

So there are some tough decisions to make here and intricate strategies to forge. Do you push up Ho-oh's numbers and risk losing all 10k? Or do you start a new hunt so that if you get a shiny, the number won't be that big for you to lose and you'll still have the extra 10k?

Spoiler:

Urf! You may be laughing now G! Not for long, my friend, no no!
I did happen to just join an assassin faction in Skyrim...
XD

Haha, I hope I don't recieve a Shiny Torchic instead of a Shiny Treecko in that way.

*Growls* I will be beating you again shortly...

Thanks for the congrats I guess xD.
I actually got pretty annoyed for a minute there - the shiny gods refuse to give me shinies apart from when I get a challenge to not get any!!

I like quad-SRing, so I'm going to be trading another Masterball or three to my LeafGreen so I can start SRing for Zapdos, and then later on Moltres and Mewtwo.

Well now that I have joined the shiny chain contest... here is the picture of my first buizel as was suggest I get by a few members here

buizel.jpg

Currently standing at 2 shiny Buizel and a chain of 42. not my official submission. That will be after I get bored of chaining and restart on spiritomb

Whats this other contest on SR btw... im curious lol

Congrats! I love shiny Buizel ;D

Me and G are racing (?) to have the highest number (of SRs, eggs, REs, RAs, whatever) without a shiny. It's only been going a few days but I just got knocked out over 7k xD

2012-04-29125443.jpg

Hello, there!!

Yes, i did have Amphoros up front because i actually wanted Magnemite as my target, but today i had a swarm of Snubbull, so i moved my (fainted) Staryu back to the front to encounter them. i was reading up on a Serebii forum when i looked out of the corner of my eye and saw a different Magnemite, and sure enough, the sparkles rang out!!! I was also hoping for the Space Cow and Bull (Miltank and Tauros)

2012-04-29125624.jpg

i will be using him in the future (thats why i encounter sometimes). probably trade him over to B/W2 when they get released.

im going to continue to encounter here for the rest of today (i started hunting at around 10am, my time. this came a few moments ago) i really do want a Snubbull. if nothing shows, then i'll move to my next area, which what i want next is Stantler (i got Girafarig (PALINDRONE!!!!) so why not?)

Congratulations! I hope you get even more shinies soon!

EDIT:
Ending tonight at a considerably smaller 21,400.

Last edited:
Back