• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [EMERALD] WWMB's List of Things

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Hello! So, because most lists and tutorials and such seem to be for FR (often LG too), I decided to create this list of things for Pokémon emerald. My goal is to create a single location for someone hacking Emerald to get resources and find out how to do what. So I'm starting by making a place that I will put every number I find, that could possibly help someone. The kinds of numbers I am talking about will come from advanced map, from scripts in XSE, perhaps A-Trainer/PET and UNLZ.

If you have any suggestions for a new type of number for me to put on here, please do post.

Anyways, here's what I've gotten (so far):

UNDERLINE: needs to be confirmed
STRIKE THROUGH: No progress (In the post)
ITALICS: Little Progress (In post)
DEFAULT TEXT: 'Progress'
BOLD: Possibly finished

Standard strings:
Spoiler:

Hidden Item ID:
Spoiler:

Secret Base ID:
Spoiler:

Berry 'view radius'/Plant-ID:
Spoiler:

Variables:
Spoiler:

FLAGS:
Spoiler:

SPECIALS:
Spoiler:

FLY LOCATIONS:
Spoiler:

SetHealingPlace:
Spoiler:

MAP TILESETS:
Spoiler:

I hope this helps!
I'll be filling this as I find and confirm more stuff.

Happy hacking!

PS: If someone could tell me how to create a better table in this, that would be very helpful.... all my TABs vanished

Last edited:

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
*Updated the flags section... mostly with Item-ball flags*
*Updated the berry section... might have completed it*
*Updated the Secret base section... might have completed it* Can anyone tell me whether or not mixing records updates all of the bases (ie: 00-FF), or only the ones used in the normal game (ie: 01, 02, 03, 0B, 0C...)? Also, I wonder if the glitchyness at the end (F0-FF) could be fixed.
*Updated SetHealingPlaces... might have completed it* ... I need to find the actual table.
*Updated Fly locations* ... missing airport data
*Updated Standard Strings*

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Vars 0x4000 and 0x4001 are temporary ones that reset their value to 0 after the player leaves the map. They're used in scripts with the "compare" command to get the player's location.

I think Fly locations go in order, with 0 and 1 being Littleroot, 2 being Oldale, 3 being Petalburg, etc.

Also editing any part of any Secret Base tileset changes all of them, for some reason. I guess they share all the same blocks/tiles but just palette swap. Kinda useful info.

Good luck with this, you still got lots to do :I

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Vars 0x4000 and 0x4001 are temporary ones that reset their value to 0 after the player leaves the map. They're used in scripts with the "compare" command to get the player's location.

I think Fly locations go in order, with 0 and 1 being Littleroot, 2 being Oldale, 3 being Petalburg, etc.

Also editing any part of any Secret Base tileset changes all of them, for some reason. I guess they share all the same blocks/tiles but just palette swap. Kinda useful info.

Good luck with this, you still got lots to do :I

Thanks! Yup, yup, this is a big project. I think I finished all of the item-balls though!

Were you editing tileset #1 (oops, I missed "57 - Secret bases (items and decor)"), or #2 (ie: 32 = Stoney Secret Base)

Added those vars.
Ahh variables... that'll be fun to work on hehe.

I'll probably tackle the berries next. (done)

Last edited:

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
These are all the LZ77 compressed offsets. Enjoy.

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
These are all the LZ77 compressed offsets. Enjoy.

I'll get around to those eventually, thanks for putting the link here too!
(Sorry for not replying earlier)

In other news: Lots of updates have happened. Most recently: Added the Standard Strings

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
What you probably want to do is add offsets of where everything is like in NTME and Unlz. Just an idea. I find it annoying having to search everywhere for offsets. (I see that you have started. Is it okay if we donate some lists of offsets)

Last edited:

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
What you probably want to do is add offsets of where everything is like in NTME and Unlz. Just an idea. I find it annoying having to search everywhere for offsets. (I see that you have started. Is it okay if we donate some lists of offsets)

If you have the offsets for any tables, that would be awesome! I've got some that aren't on here, but there are some I can't seem to find (like the secret bases, or the fly data) I've been looking at tile-molester and have been writing down offsets there too, Unlz is the next image program I am going to get more acquainted with (it wouldn't let me overwrite the worldmap last time I tried to use it, even when I tried to put the unedited data back in)

I've also got a lot of offest-stuff I'd like you to look over sometime and give feedback on. :)

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I used GBA Graphics Editor because it didn't have as many glitches and displays all types of lz77 data, including the tileset data and pallette data. It also is more user-friendly.

Back