• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Years
Hi everyone, I'm Z-Max and I'm a great fan of Dragon Ball Z. I've made this game from Pokémon Fire Red.
It's a mod in which pokemons are replaced by characters of Dragon Ball Z.

For playing this game, you need to download the patch and the original pokemon game: Pokemon Fire Red US 1.0, then apply this patch on the pokemon rom, and that's it.
I can't help you to find the pokemon rom (it's forbidden). As for the patch, I have no link right now but I'm going to try to find a solution... In the meantime, you can try and find it by typing "DBZ Team Training patch download" on your search engine.

For more information, go to the wikia : http://dragon-ball-z-team-training.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Team_Training_Wikia
Many articles have been added to the page by PureRage, you should find what you want if you don't find it here.

Important note: disable the Bios (if it is enabled) in the options of your emulator, no matter the emulator or OS you're using. The Bios may cause the game to freeze.

Some screenshots:
QKUfw6r.png
SAoQ4XC.png
dHjXveG.png
RPe3fMu.png

u3dtE7Q.png
fnQfvsD.png
036H9E1.png
ojJapcr.png

blWurOJ.png
MkhW3Rf.png
OjmKqQr.png
AA6tDmX.png

bQbegnP.png
Epk1PfY.png
t9QeEo6.png

Main modifications of the game
-Pokemons are replaced by "fighters" (200 fighters in the last version)
-Fusions
-New maps
-New attacks: 170 attacks including more than 130 new attacks (techniques from Dbz) with new animations of course, and about 30 old attacks (from Pokémon, like Headbutt for example).
A complete list of moves and learnsets might be done in the future, the thing is that it takes a lot of time to do it.
-Battle backgrounds
-Overworld sprites (small sprites on the maps)
-DBZ musics
-New items (capsules, senzu...etc)

Main defects
-Some back sprites (characters from behind) are not really beautiful. But most of them look good enough.
-No strategy in this game, the type advantages are only: Fight beats Dark, Dark beats Ghost and Psychic and a few more changes. Indeed, most characters and moves have the same type, the strategy is not viable.
-Game difficulty: the game is globally easy. The league is pretty hard though.

Fighter list:
Spoiler:
If you want the location of all the fighters, go here (it's under construction): http://dragon-ball-z-team-training.wikia.com/wiki/Where_to_find_Fighters

New items:
Spoiler:

Major changes in V8 (latest update)
Spoiler:

Tips
Look here for the location of dragon balls, how to get legendaries like Whis, Beerus...going to Null Realm and more.
Spoiler:

How to get items
Spoiler:

Fusions
List and way of functioning:
Spoiler:

Cheat codes
Spoiler:

The save
I say it once and for all: the save issue can only be fixed by setting up the emulator.
This problem is from Fire Red original version (1.0). You have to adjust the settings on the emulator to fix it.
When this message: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." appears on the screen or when you can't save, follow these steps (for people using Visualboy Advance):

Go to "options" ; "emulator" ; "save type" and choose Automatic and Flash 128K. Then, put the files (emulator and rom) in the same folder.
There must not be a save file (".sav") in the folder before opening the rom. If there is one, close vba, move this file to another place, reopen vba. Now you should be able to save.
I strongly advise you to use Visualboy Advance on PC. If you use a different emulator/device, or if you still can't fix it, you can search on google.
By the way, if you already have a save state and you need to save normally (from the start menu), check this video: https://youtu.be/FV5TRNi_cSk

If you're on Android: Use the emulator Myboy and go to Settings, advanced, cartridge type and choose 128. If the Bios is enabled in the options, disable it.
The save should work, but if you're confused and you need more details, you should go on Google or watch videos on Youtube like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV-KmED_XR8

If you're on iOS, I can't help you unfortunately. Some people reported that the save cannot work. Do not ask me how to fix it, I won't be able to help.

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Nice job! Your hack looks really cool.
However, You YouTube link is not working for me. Can you post a new link?

Years
ChaosFluffy:
Thank you ;) I want to change the link but they say that I'm not allowed to do it until I post 5 messages on this thread.

I give you the link here then: [link redacted]
If it doesn't work, I will see what I can do.
Or you can enter "DBZ Team Training: A new Pokémon hack" on Youtube, you should find the video.

Edit: I've changed the link of the video in the first post.
If the link doesn't work, try the old one: [link redacted]
(or type "DBZ Team Training: A new Pokémon hack" on youtube.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Media fire isn't working for my phone iv been tring for hours I even turned on the unknown downloads how can I fix this

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Hey could you put up the item codes also epically for the saipan tail... I wanna use it on more than one character lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Hey has the update for golden frieza come out yet + will you be making ssgss vegeta if not could you please make him thanks for the AWESOME game

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
In which update did the gods come in? I downloaded on the 14th and just grabbed national scouter but can't find the gods at all and have spent over 60 repels for them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I need help my game froze on a black screen and won't change can you some one tell me how to recover saves I accidentally saved over my old save and can't change the black screen

Years
I'm goint to put the codes of items pretty soon.
Golden Freezer is not in the game, I'll tell you when he's added.

There wasn't any update for now, the gods are already in the game, but it's really hard to find them.
However, the appearance of these 3 fighters is activated by the same script as Entei, Raikou and Suicune.
I didn't change anything and I don't know exactly what is this script.
Maybe you have to repair the machine on One Island with the ruby and the sapphire if you want to find them.
Logically, getting the National Scouter only must release them but I can't be sure about that.
I have to test it but it takes too much time, finding the legendary is very hard.

About the save, I think that you can't do anything unfortunately. I already tried to recover a save before and I couldn't.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Could some one post a pre loaded save with just the story finished cause it took me 2 days to finish + do you think you will do this for maybe black and whit or gold and Silver they were my favourite games

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
Z-max I'm on android and I can't get passed the league hall of cause of save state issue. How do I get passed it?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Great game, good work. It would be cool if you could add Baby Vegetas forms and Super Saiyan Bardock. The most important character is missing Hercule/Mr. Satan and Super Saiyan God Mr.Satan/Hercule.

Back