Started by AiurJordan August 3rd, 2019 10:02 AM
  • 4 replies
Age 29
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 3rd, 2019
3 posts
43 Days
New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I downloaded a ROM-base for fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
-Jordan

(PS: I cross-posted this from the general chit-chat in the ROM-Hacking section, but that particular thread seems ill-traveled)

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
32,948 posts
11.8 Years
New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I downloaded a ROM-base for fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
-Jordan

(PS: I cross-posted this from the general chit-chat in the ROM-Hacking section, but that particular thread seems ill-traveled)
Welcome to PC! Glad to see you've joined the big armty of ROM hackers we have here ^^ You can probably scout out a lot of resources and help in old threads in the hacking sections. If you prefer to get more hands-on feedback and advice, I recommend visiting our Discord server where we have channels specifically dedicated to ROM hacking. https://discordapp.com/invite/pokecommunity

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the community as well! You and I are of the same generation of pokémon fans; my first was Yellow Version ^^

Sheep

Female
Online now
Posted 14 Hours Ago
26,813 posts
12.9 Years
Hi there Jordan, welcome to PC! I'm not very well-versed in hacking, but I'm sure you'll get help in the hacking channel on our Discord and ROM Hacking Help. Good luck!!

Also I got into Pokémon with RBY. Late 1990s fans ftw. 👍
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art vpp stats
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Online now
Posted 6 Hours Ago
8,809 posts
8.3 Years
Hey Jordan! 1990s babies represent, lmao. Welcome to the community! :)

Advertiser Content