Advertiser Content

Pokemon Ruby: Harvest Moon Edition Page 5

Started by machomuu October 12th, 2008 4:29 PM
  • 117 replies
  • Public Poll

After this is done, should I make a girl's version?

• 77.98%
  • 22.02%
Male
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 5th, 2019
66 posts
10.8 Years
This looks interesting, i would join this project but sadly i am no good with hacks
"Trees don't grow in straight bloody rows."

machomuu

Lize is my Inazuma Eleven DO NOT DISRESPECT.

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
*UPDATE*
New item
In an upcoming Pokemon Game (Rights Held by Nintendo, although I'm not allowed to reveal too much info yet, and no, it's not Platinum, that's already out, just only in Japan), there is an item called the D-evolution Stone which, you guessed it, reverts pokemon back 1 pre-evolved , which will also be in this hack, since I so adore the thought of Devolution.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

machomuu

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
I'm not allowed to reveal too much info
And I don't exactly know if Nintendo WILL hold the rights, meaning it is not made by Nintendo, so I can safely say it's not 5th gen.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.
Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
Posted December 2nd, 2010
302 posts
11.6 Years
Aww, you almost had me, Machomuu; the first thing I thought was, "GSDS???" ...Oh well. You still working on this? I've never played Harvest Moon, but this sounds interesting. Although I don't know how well that idea about the betas will work, since you're encouraged not to repatch. Although it would work if you created the new patch using the previous one as the base rom. Is that what you were planning? You should call each one a "chapter", though, rather than a beta, to make it clear it's not the same as what other hacks are doing.

But, like I tell everyone, if you do this, do it because you like it!

PC Brother: WeightyWillBill
Also? This site doesn't allow enough siggy pics. :/

machomuu

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
Aww, you almost had me, Machomuu; the first thing I thought was, "GSDS???" ...Oh well. You still working on this? I've never played Harvest Moon, but this sounds interesting. Although I don't know how well that idea about the betas will work, since you're encouraged not to repatch. Although it would work if you created the new patch using the previous one as the base rom. Is that what you were planning? You should call each one a "chapter", though, rather than a beta, to make it clear it's not the same as what other hacks are doing.

But, like I tell everyone, if you do this, do it because you like it!
Well, I can tell you one thing, if Nintendo does hold the rights, it will be here in the very near future, I'm not joking, and I don't lie, so it will be here (hopefully).
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Seen March 6th, 2011
Posted March 4th, 2009
18 posts
10.6 Years
I can kinda do sprites but I'm not 100% yet so I don’t think I could do anything extremely complicated (I'd show you my work but I'm still under 15 posts at this point) but I'm always happy to try and get practice. Also (and I know this is said all the time) I had an idea like this any me and my brother were going to do it the other way round.
Finally I would be happy to beta test but I don't think you’re lacking in volunteers for that part, thanks.

machomuu

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
OK guys, there's been a change of plans. I have to hack Emerald.
STOP!!!
I know it's unstable, but there are more sprites, tiles, different scripting commands, and I can use the Rustic Rombase (which I'm pretty sure Cierra made).
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Male
On the moon
Seen April 29th, 2016
Posted March 17th, 2012
331 posts
12.1 Years
Oh...

My titlescreen I made won't work for Emerald.
You'll probably have to extract it from the
Ruby game and figure out how to title-edit
Emerald. The stuff is in a different location
to where it is in ruby.
I refuse to enter a battle of the wits with you,
it's against my morals to attack an unarmed person.

kevcrash

Age 24
Male
Maryland
Seen December 3rd, 2018
Posted December 3rd, 2018
1,071 posts
10.5 Years
I just realized, if there's a de-evolution stone, the pokemon will know moves it wouldn't be able to learn. For example, if there's an Eevee and you evolve it into Flareon and teach it Fire Blast then you decide to de-evolve it, Eevee can't learn Fire Blast. So I don't know if that's possible.

machomuu

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
I just realized, if there's a de-evolution stone, the pokemon will know moves it wouldn't be able to learn. For example, if there's an Eevee and you evolve it into Flareon and teach it Fire Blast then you decide to de-evolve it, Eevee can't learn Fire Blast. So I don't know if that's possible.
Evolution is the changing of the bio and physical composition of a being. In other words, it changes them. However, if something is thrown into the mix that tthrows off the composition, it will either gain strange bio symptoms (like Pikachu + Pikachu with a lightball = Pichu with Volt Tackle) or it's physical compisiton will change altogether (Bulbasaur ---> Ivysaur). The D-evolution stone will combine the two, allowing you to create stronger pokemon (Vaporeon with Thunder, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and Psychic).
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life

kevcrash

Age 24
Male
Maryland
Seen December 3rd, 2018
Posted December 3rd, 2018
1,071 posts
10.5 Years
Evolution is the changing of the bio and physical composition of a being. In other words, it changes them. However, if something is thrown into the mix that tthrows off the composition, it will either gain strange bio symptoms (like Pikachu + Pikachu with a lightball = Pichu with Volt Tackle) or it's physical compisiton will change altogether (Bulbasaur ---> Ivysaur). The D-evolution stone will combine the two, allowing you to create stronger pokemon (Vaporeon with Thunder, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and Psychic).
Whatever you say dude. :)

Advertiser Content