• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Code:
[b]Edit by Neo-Dragon:[/b]
[i]Don't quote the update please. 
It makes the thread take longer to load when you quote the full update with all the images.
Thanks.[/i]

What a breakthrough you've made, Wichu! I can script as well, but I'm nowhere close to your level at all. Pokemon Amethyst rules, and I will check out your thread once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Now that I have a fast computer, I can finally fully see the new PKMN menu examples; I'm very impressed. It definitely makes things go much faster.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
Years
I love you Wichu. Good job with this. I hope everything works. You should send your ideas to GameFreak and Nintendo!

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
umm srry if this is posted allready but i didnt see it so ...when is this game going to be relased? and if you could clear things up is it for gba or ds?

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
Its not for either its for RPGMXP which require RGSS to play. Its downloadable on the internet.

so is it a comp game then?

edit: i serched RGSS and links to schools came up???? is it a program that yoiu use on your comp to ply the game? and have oyu guys thoiugh about making it for ds or gba?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
so is it a comp game then?

edit: i serched RGSS and links to schools came up???? is it a program that yoiu use on your comp to ply the game? and have oyu guys thoiugh about making it for ds or gba?

lol Yes it's a game developed using a computer program called RMXP.

The fact of turning it into a ds rom or GBA rom and such is currently impossible at the moment however, so It's only for the computer ;)

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
that would be sweet if you could do it tho .thats why im waiting for pokemon torzach its a cool looking game for handheld lovers like my self...but any way i didnt see a realese date is it allready relased and you guys just cant post it bc of pc rules or are you guys just not done with it yet?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
that would be sweet if you could do it tho .thats why im waiting for pokemon torzach its a cool looking game for handheld lovers like my self...but any way i didnt see a realese date is it allready relased and you guys just cant post it bc of pc rules or are you guys just not done with it yet?

Nope there hasn't been a release date noted yet, also try not to ask about those...You may run into someone who decides to yell at you for it ;) and You guys being Wichu (and his team, I'm not a team member, just a supporter) has mentioned the first part being released but no exact given date. Just keep looking, you'll see it one day ;)

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
Just a suggestion, could you create a script where pokemon heal slowly by themselves? It makes more sense that pokemon can heal on their own. Suppose a 5%-10% increase in health every 2 turns in a battle, depending on the pokemon's stats. For travelling, a 5% increase in health, say, every 400 steps?
Just a suggestion, as it will make the game much more interesting.

Also, is it possible to make a choice of looks of the character in a special occasion, and choose the eye and hair color for the player at the beggining of the game? Only a choice of 3 to 4 deffernt clothes ofcourse. Kinda like the Super contest in D/P/Pt only with things like parties, birthdays(like yours and the team, and the player also). This might be hard considering you have to make a good script that will allow imput of birthdate. Also to dye hair and buy contacts and all.

A last suggestion would be to help let the player choose where to keep their belongings in their room/secret base/suite or whatever we would be staying in.

i_am_a_pokemon

AsparagusEdu
Years
Mystery Gift System

Hey Wichu...

How did you made it possible to have a Mystery Gift system?

I am making a game too and would like to add a Mystery Gift System.

THANKS!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How the heck can a move like Curse have an attack power it takes off some HP points every turn doesn't it soo an attack power isnt neccesary
Exactly; Curse takes away half the user's HP, yet you're proposing that it should only take 20, and also deal damage? I think it could work, but without the effect. Ghost types need a good physical move (I think that because it's a cut, it should be physical, not special. Similar to Psycho Cut).
looks like a good game.If you need any pokemon sprites, contact me at [email protected]. i'll send you some. good luck!
Sorry, I don't currently need sprites. Besides, I don't know how good you are...
I love you Wichu. Good job with this. I hope everything works. You should send your ideas to GameFreak and Nintendo!
Actually, I can't. Due to copyright reasons, Nintendo can't accept fan-made material for their games. The only exception to this was a move name in the Japanese version of D/P, and that was by an official competition.
Its not for either its for RPGMXP which require RGSS to play. Its downloadable on the internet.
The RGSS Player will be packaged with the game anyway, so you won't need to download anything else (no ROMs or emulators).
Just a suggestion, could you create a script where pokemon heal slowly by themselves? It makes more sense that pokemon can heal on their own. Suppose a 5%-10% increase in health every 2 turns in a battle, depending on the pokemon's stats. For travelling, a 5% increase in health, say, every 400 steps?
Just a suggestion, as it will make the game much more interesting.

Also, is it possible to make a choice of looks of the character in a special occasion, and choose the eye and hair color for the player at the beggining of the game? Only a choice of 3 to 4 deffernt clothes ofcourse. Kinda like the Super contest in D/P/Pt only with things like parties, birthdays(like yours and the team, and the player also). This might be hard considering you have to make a good script that will allow imput of birthdate. Also to dye hair and buy contacts and all.

A last suggestion would be to help let the player choose where to keep their belongings in their room/secret base/suite or whatever we would be staying in.
I'm not too keen on healing over time. In battle, it would be like a free Leftovers; it would make certain Pokémon very hard to beat. Out of battle, it would eliminate the need for a Pokémon Center, as you could just walk around for a while.
I'm not going to have the hair and eye colour choosable at the beginning, as this is a role-playing game. Therefore, you're taking the role of somebody, not playing as yourself. It may be an option later in the game, though...
I've been thinking about making a secret base system. But what do you mean by 'belongings'? The secret base decorations in R/S/E/D/P/Pt?
Hey Wichu...

How did you made it possible to have a Mystery Gift system?

I am making a game too and would like to add a Mystery Gift System.

THANKS!!!
The Mystery Gift system is actually going to be revamped. I made it using scripting; if you want to make one too, you should start learning how to script.

Anyway, progress has been pretty slow lately. I'm currently working on a minigame which has appeared before in the official games. I'll post a few screenshots once it's done.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
Years
Cool sprites and art! You know, I think that it's weird because I worked on making a game called Amethyst along with one called Opal, but then I changed Amethyst to Onyx, because the conflict is Dark and Light.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Hah, the menu look great;) I'm also interested in that mini game what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back