• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What main series Pokémon game do you think is the easiest?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
When EXP share became a Key Item beginning in XY, suddenly all of the games beyond that became super easy for me. All of my Pokemon were crazy leveled during gym battles and such. Grinding was easier.

No matter what, LGPE was piece of cake.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Never played it, but LGPE seems extremely easy from an outsiders perspective. From what I have played XY was the easiest.

Years
Never played it, but LGPE seems extremely easy from an outsiders perspective. From what I have played XY was the easiest.

Yeah, it's definitely very easy, especially since your partner Eevee/Pikachu have boosted stats and can learn various different types of unique moves for coverage. Plus the candies let you get exp much more easily, less grinding needed.

Agreed that they were easy but I still wouldn't mind another game like it aha. More so for the immersion/graphics than difficulty, which Pokémon's never really been about to me.

Years
Almost all of Pokemon games are easy to me. The only game that was challenging for me was Platinum because of the E4 and Cynthia. B2W2 is challenging at times too, but you can grind very easily in that game at least.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
X/Y and G/S/C. X/Y had Gym Leaders by the end who didn't even have FOUR MOVES on their Pokemon, that's freaking ridiculous, and you know it. And G/S/C had gym leaders like Pryce have Pokemon that were LESS THAN LEVEL 30 and it's the seventh gym. THE SEVENTH GYM. But that's the fault of awful level curve, if anything.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Ah yes, Just like everyone would say XY being cakewalk. I say XY is too easy; The gym leaders and pokemon leagues are big joke, other trainers are more a pushover

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Maybe it's because I pretty much always do challenges instead of "normal runs" but XY are far from the easiest games for me.

Like, I can crank out games in RBY and GSC pretty easily most days as in "spam A and move on", but I actually can't with XY.

So, I'd say that for me, the Kanto games in general are pretty easy. Although I'll admit that maybe it's because I can grind more in those earlier games since turbo, the lack of adaptative experience gain and because I just generally know more about how things go in those games.

Years
I think it's either X/Y or SWO/SHI. X/Y was a super fast journey therefore I would say it's the easiest overall, but also Swo/Shi are pretty easy, indeed I have never lost a match in the whole game and i found it easy maybe because I was over level, having dedicated some time to wild areas

Years
X/Y is probably the easiest.
Sword/Shield after that.

Both have quite alot of mons I really like though, so I don't consider them bad games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
ORAS maybe? You get a Mega for your starter, then you also get a free Lati@s halfway through and its mega stone as well, then you have access to hyper training from the beginning and you can also get Pokémon with HA using DexNav. I mean, I didn't use all those advantages during my playthrough, but I guess if you do it would be a complete joke.

It depends on your team anyway. Difficulty is somewhat subjective in Pokémon games as you can make an easier game harder by just having a worse team (or a team that isn't very good against what you're facing)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I hate jumping on the band wagon but I'd have to say xy diantha was a decent challenge for me at the time but even then it was easy

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
On a standard playthrough, I think XY and ORAS are the easiest.

For a challenge run like a Nuzlocke, I'd give it to Red and Blue. Not Yellow, because boss movesets are actually decent in that game.

Back