• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why haven't you finished your ROM hack?

Dr.GameboyRetro

Dr.GameboyRetro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
hmm are you using level script? I've heard that sometimes issues like that can occur, but that's advance map, and I don't know if gen 2 hacks use advance map also.

That's the best I can come up with, but hope you can get that sorted.

I'm not using either but I appreciate the help though. I've been using GoldMap and JohtoMap.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I'm not using either but I appreciate the help though. I've been using GoldMap and JohtoMap.

ah, ok last in that case I'd say maybe ask JoJoBear for some help if he's willing, he's the only person I know that is really familiar with early gen development.

Kinda wish those early gen games had they're own rom hack section.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
It's a rom base of Pokemon Gold. The bugs are the old man in cherrygrove city dissapears in his scripted sequence and the rival pops up before his scripted event where you battle him.

I don't know about the old man, but as for the rival, the game probably has a flag set too early, thus making him appear at the wrong time. Did you accidentally set a flag that is already being used by the game?

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I have this problem that I like the idea of hacking. I enjoyed messing with sprites and editing teams with A-Trainer and adjusting spawns and maps in Advance Map, but I could never put something together that wasn't the same as 100s of hacks just like it. I have big respect for creators such as Swampert Tools and HackMew (where did he go?) that have been around forever, and I think I keep coming back to hacking because of nostalgia for things like the original Shiny Gold. Obviously new and much easier to use hacking methods have come around in recent years.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
As an amateur sprinter, 251 animated sprites + back sprites is very difficult.

Last edited:
Years
Cause I'm a slacker; and because I'm working on a big ROM hacking tutorial, I mod PC, I mod a Discord server AND I have my finals in one month and other life stuff. Sad. c:

Back