• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Revenge

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
6PVzeKd.png

*thanks to PurpleCharizardZX for the art box *

HACK ROM BASE: FIRE RED

Introduction:
This is kinda long. Sorry about that.
Hi. I'm qaz015393 and this is my first pokemon hack. I did however work on a older version of the hack but I forgot about it and the team fell apart after some time. So I had this idea for a while now and still plan on making this hack. The idea and the team behind the hack Team Dark Evolution. Why call it Team Dark Evolution? Because it sounds right for the idea I had once for a Rom hack that will have the Pokemon in it dark. I had the idea thought of a few years ago but never really thought it fully though. However after playing many amazing hacks I wondered about my great idea of Pokemon game called Pokemon Revenged but forgot what it was and the full story, so I plan on making a new hack with a different story. So now I no longer want it to be nothing but a thought in my head but, a real hack others who share the same interests as me can enjoy and play. This thread is to make Pokemon Revenge * or Pokemon Dark Evolution, if I think of renaming the hack/team name* a reality. I can not make the hack alone so I'm forming a team to help me out since I forgot everything hacking related from few years ago. Although I am now slowly working on it since I am back working on it.

Story:
At the age of 16, you became the champion of the KYERG region [name could be changed later] Team DARK is gone and everything is peaceful. One day 6 years later, when you are with your friends and girlfriend enjoying life,Team Dark returned with their plan to defeat you and experiment on Pokemon to evolve them to horrifying dark/shadow Pokemon and take over the world. They succeed in blind siding you capturing everyone, you and your dark charizard. Everyone had their memory of you vanished due to Team Dark's experiment. Your friends and girlfriend have been brainwashed and have been made gym leaders and your rivals. It is your job to bring all their memories back. You kinda like the world as it is but hate Team Dark for what they have done to your loved ones and seek revenge. Some familiar faces join you as well. What familiar faces you ask, just wait and see.

Features:
new story

new hero/hereon, gym leader, evil organization, elite four, champion, etc.

new characters, also includes some anime characters as well

new custom sprites

2 new regions [hopefully if not than 1 region]

new maps

new tile sets

new dark/shadow Pokemon

new gen Pokemon from gens 1 - 6

CHARACTERS:
Matt: Male hero aka Red.

Abby: Female hero.

ALUCARD: He replaces Prof. Oak and now has more of a part in the game.

SIRIS VICTORIA: She replaces Green or otherwise known as the main rival.

WALTER: He replaces your mother and he is you loyal servant.

Silver

That is all the characters I will be naming and taking about.

Screenshots:

nxsTFNT.png
ElPlAX2.png

BHyrwEN.png
ClqW3qj.png

e3jMfCV.png
UQmej3c.png

svVsmn8.png
EzwkXxr.png

7foMijS.png
pVzdEF6.png

wXoASQ6.png
kJj3LLo.png

mgtxKW4.png
eUc2Wyu.png

rUy9GtS.png
j3iIxOJ.png

FbWssDz.png
YLwAh9s.png

VaIUAD4.png
MLDdWiP.png

6TcpSKj.png

Banners:
Will do 1 soon.

Downloads:

Pre-Beta V.05 View attachment 73406

Just want to apologize for the errors, grammar and other things that may be a problem in this pre beta. Just to let you know they will be fixed soon as we move along in the hack.

WHAT Pre-Beta V.05 COVERS:

I decided to release this since we are still working on it but on our new rom by SicariusCredo3. And since in our new rom we have a few new gen 4 pokemon inserted [and it doesnt like me to let me re insert the scripts] the test rom I used to insert scripts will be released instead. Anyway this covers scripts up to the 4th badge [2 scripts were not inserted since was waiting to do them and has 2 towns without npc scripts edited], intro changed, male hero sprites [no running ones], music from HG music patch [which is being changed in our new rom to custom music]. There are 2 main bugs though, you can't go to route 2 so instead u go to pewter city. Which means u cant go back to the previous towns/routes. And also in front of Mt. Moon's poke center the quest script freezes the game. But u can bypass it to continue and do the 1st part of the quest. The other part doesn't work so u get no script. It has some new sprite for the pokemon. There is 1 thing, the rival's name replaces the new character that are inserted when u enter battles [was trying to change it in the previous rom so there are a few rivals but am fixing it in the new rom]. And a few scripts got a bit messed up [i dont remember since we r using our new rom] so sorry about that. The script where u choose another starter in the lab is a bit messed up.
Again, I'm releasing this pre-beta to try and get team members to help me out.

Bugs & Glitches: Minor Major

• Some of the text gets cut off at the end.
  • There is 1 section in the beginning where the text has a big gap before the next sentence starts. [I believe this bug is fixed since I didn't see it in the prof.'s intro]
  • Some text for Alucard isn't showing up and I am working on fixing it.
  • you can't go to route 2 so instead u go to pewter city. Which means u cant go back to the previous towns/routes. [fixed in our new rom]
  • in front of Mt. Moon's poke center the quest script freezes the game. But u can bypass it to continue and do the 1st part of the quest. The other part doesn't work so u get no script. [going to get fixed in our new rom]

Tools used:
Spoiler:

The Team:
Spoiler:

Credits:
[for now until I add more]
Spoiler:

[this is regarding work on our main/new tile set rom]
WHAT IS DONE So FAR:
STORY: 90% finish hand writing the main story. Didn't do the Team Dark encounters or the legendary mons though since those are kinda easier. I'll do them later.
SCRIPTS: 45% Got mostly all of the main story finished now, not including the ending. Did almost all of the 6 towns worth of main story. Didn't insert it though
SCRIPTS IN GAME: 0% [the story scripts are done for the next beta but waiting for a few more things to get done before re inserting them in and also need some help to get few of them working right]
Thanks THEFOREVERMAN for helping me fix the script I would like help for the progress to go faster [since im re-learning].

MAPS: 1%
TILES: 50%
SPRITES: 45% a few of custom sprites are down for the characters. I am using public sprites for the pokemon & other trainers and will add credits for them once they are inserted with no problems.
INSERT: 15%
PROGRESS Until next pre beta release: 40 %

I need help and team members since I'm relearning how to hack. So you can go here to apply.If you would like to join the team leave me a VM/Pm and we can talk
wink.gif
Since we do have possessions open and some more help. Also we are looking for another scripter to help out.

HERE'S A CATALOG OF WHAT IS DONE AND THINGS THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE. --- out of date will do a new 1 soon.

1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
From what I can see, that map looks waaaay too much like Pallet Town, and text edits to Oak's script doesn't help it..

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Looks interesting, I like the features. Seems like you got still lot of work to do though.
Thanks. Yeah I do but I made this thread to try and get some more people on my team to help out.

Lol was it syneon helping with the tiles
Was it him? I don't know. BRINGSYNTHEHORIZON was the one helping me. Although that would answer why both were banned. But I am not going to talk about them since it is their and the mods reasoning why they got banned.

From what I can see, that map looks waaaay too much like Pallet Town, and text edits to Oak's script doesn't help it..

Again no maps are done only the script I'm slowly adding to make sure there are no problems. I made this thread to try and get some more people on my team to help out.

tayub121

Inventor
Years
Sprites

Hey qaz015393, I'm not exactly interested in any "full-time" positions, but I'm willing to work on some of your sprites. The characters seem tall and skinny and very glitchy. (Pixels and colors out of place) I have a lot of experience in everything except scripting, if you need any help with anything just reach out.
View attachment 71679
View attachment 71680
There are two of my sprites. I'm still working on Honedge, but I hope that gives you an idea of how my sprites go. I'm currently working on helping create the 64x64 GEN IV Sprite resource, and I have the first accepted MEGA sprite to get to the resource. Again, reach out if you need anything.

If you really need maps, I'm willing to help also when I'm not working on my hack.

Last edited:
Years
Hey qaz015393, I'm not exactly interested in any "full-time" positions, but I'm willing to work on some of your sprites. The characters seem tall and skinny and very glitchy. (Pixels and colors out of place) I have a lot of experience in everything except scripting, if you need any help with anything just reach out.
View attachment 71679
View attachment 71680
There are two of my sprites. I'm still working on Honedge, but I hope that gives you an idea of how my sprites go. I'm currently working on helping create the 64x64 GEN IV Sprite resource, and I have the first accepted MEGA sprite to get to the resource. Again, reach out if you need anything.

If you really need maps, I'm willing to help also when I'm not working on my hack.

Nice gengar mega sprite dude

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
View attachment 71679
View attachment 71680

Lol yeah i know the hero sprite is buggy. That was supposed to be for alucard. I didn't realize until after i uploaded it i was working on a copy and not a clean rom XD that will be fixed.

Thanks man. Ive seen your work on that thread. Nice sprites. Yeah sure you can be a part time helper. I'll vm you for help when i can.

tayub121

Inventor
Years
Nice gengar mega sprite dude

Thanks man!

Lol yeah i know the hero sprite is buggy. That was supposed to be for alucard. I didn't realize until after i uploaded it i was working on a copy and not a clean rom XD that will be fixed.

Thanks man. Ive seen your work on that thread. Nice sprites. Yeah sure you can be a part time helper. I'll vm you for help when i can.

Awesome, I look forward to helping!

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Thanks man!

Awesome, I look forward to helping!

No problem. Anyway i post a screenshot of the new charmander in my team disscusion. I was wondering what colors to make the tail's flame. I tried a few but cant choose. I was hoping you can help me with that.

Edit:
Heres what im talking about. I was trying yo do the tail flame like mega charizard x. But when i do the back sprite looks weird. Btw im using advance sprite editor do do my relcoloring for the new pokemon.

EDIT2:

I re uploaded the original version of the pre alpha. when I played the 1 I had uploaded, I changed some of the battle tutorial and it managed to mess up the game & freeze up. So the old alpha is up. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Seeing your progress, I can see you've done pretty much. But your screenies are too small :( I can't judge. New tiles? Where? Nothing so say much since it's a small screeny. Hope to see them bigger :) Love the box art by the way <3

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Seeing your progress, I can see you've done pretty much. But your screenies are too small :( I can't judge. New tiles? Where? Nothing so say much since it's a small screeny. Hope to see them bigger :) Love the box art by the way <3
Thanks.
Yeah sorry about that I just added them as attachments since I don't know which sites are good to upload them on with out them being taken down. And no, no new tiles in the pre alpha. I'm still trying to insert them with no errors but all I'm getting is errors. But im not giving up.

Props for the box art go to PurpleCharizardZX. He made it last year.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thanks.
Yeah sorry about that I just added them as attachments since I don't know which sites are good to upload them on with out them being taken down. And no, no new tiles in the pre alpha. I'm still trying to insert them with no errors but all I'm getting is errors. But im not giving up.

Props for the box art go to PurpleCharizardZX. He made it last year.

Screenies from VBA > Upload it here. > copy image then put it in your post.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Screenies from VBA > Upload it here. > copy image then put it in your post.
lol I was uploading them when you posted it XD thanks thou.

Hope the screen shots are ok now. Please remember I am working on inserting the tiles so please bare with me since they are keep giving me errors. Maps will be done after that. Thanks.

Thought I'd add some more screen shots to show a bit more progress. I've been scripting recently by watching tutorials on youtube & looked at some here [but mostly watching, what can I say I learn better when I see it & hear what's going on & will add credit for those tuts later]. I've also been busy this week, so next week I should be able to add some more scripts. Anyway I've added The new shadow charmander [credits to tayub121 for the sprite] that is going to be your starter and the new OW sprites for the male hero [credit goes to BlueEon for doing the hero spread sheet].

wXoASQ6.png
kJj3LLo.png
mgtxKW4.png
eUc2Wyu.png

rUy9GtS.png
j3iIxOJ.png

FbWssDz.png
YLwAh9s.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Your dark charmander looks a bit odd. But I kinda like it a litte ;) Your ow looks good.. I want to see a sceenshot with a script next time, keep up the good work! <3

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Your dark charmander looks a bit odd. But I kinda like it a litte ;) Your ow looks good.. I want to see a sceenshot with a script next time, keep up the good work! <3

Dont worry i will. I hope to finish scripting route 1 and get into asking for help on why the prof. Oak speach gets cut off & doesnt show the full text i inserted later when i get back home.

Now time for a poll:
Also i planed to do charmander's evolve forms with the same palete. Should I? Or should i use the default shiny carizard for the normal 1.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
So, the hack you mentioned is out now? Well, I'd like to have a look. Glad to see you released the alpha 0.01.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Interesting Hack. I'll keep an eye on this one.
thanks

Nice hack. I'll keep my eye on this. Looks interesting.
thanks

So, the hack you mentioned is out now? Well, I'd like to have a look. Glad to see you released the alpha 0.01.
Yep this is the hack. Thanks my friend. Well the only thing that is added is the story script for the home town it's not much but I do hope you enjoy the tiny bit of the story you get to play. Just to warn you, there is supposed to be more storyline when you are talking to the prof. before you get you Pokemon but it got cut off and doesn't want to show the whole thing. [You can see what I mean when you get up to that part].

Also thought I'd upload/replace the pre beta 0.0.1 with the 1 I worked on last night. The new male OWs are inserted & you get charmander right away. Also there is only 1 bug/error that is major & 1 that is minor [I need to double check again but I believe that is correct].

EDIT:
I just finished route 1 text for the game & fixed all bugs/errors on it [well except for the npc near player, since we are planing on using a new rom base with the tile sets & going to re insert everything anyway I decided to leave him be so don't talk to him & use pikachu's ow for raichu as well. But the reason for the pikachu is that it would evolve by itself into due to Team Dark's experiment being a success]. Anyway this is the last time I update/fix pre alpha 1. Next time we release the new beta, will be when it has the 2nd town finished.

Just wanted to do a little update.

Update:

I added some more scripts in the game so now there is a decent amount of stuff to do for beta 1. 4 towns, 4 badges and a decent amount of story. Although I'm having an issue inserting the sprites. It says compressing error image too big :(

I was following a tutorial to insert them. So once some trainer sprites are inserted and the team test runs the rom, Beta 1 will be out soon [I plan on fixing the intro scripts 2mor since i was doing other things 2day].

k so here is an update.

UPDATE:

Since the rom has errors and messed up we are restarting from scratch again. but this time we are going to use the ProjectUnamed(Complete) rom base while waiting for our new tile set rom base from SicariusCredo3. This should be our last time restarting the hack until transfering over to that rom but since we r using most of the same tiles. It'll take a short time to transfer over the scripts. We need some help though for SicariusCredo3 and the maps since we have 2 mappers [but 1 hasn't been on]. VERMILION CITY is the last city that has new scripts in so there is a decent amount of the story.

BTW Pallet Town [+ 1 map for region 2] is mapped and Oak's intro is done. Will transfer more once the maps are done (so i can see where they will go) XD

Well here is a small sample video from the previous version of the hack [sorry but I was trying to compress it to make it small since the previous vid I saved be4 was 1+gigs so hope its not bad]. And sorry was trying to finish recording before my battery died.

Yes there are still issues with text and stuff [that I thought was fixed but I was wrong XD ]. Also I need help with getting the rest of the intro scripts working right [i posted it here and I have spent a lot of time trying to fix it, almost a week but i did do other scripts.].

Anyways enjoy

credit to Bleueon for the hero and other trainer sprites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back