• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite spinoff?

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Dang it this is hard its between Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Shadows of Almia
they both have there pros and Cons ahh whatever I'll just go for Mystery Dungeon

Sirfetch’d

Probably GO. While I do like Colosseum and XD most in terms of gameplay, GO is the only game that never really runs out of stuff to do and keeps me coming back to it. I have hundreds if not a thousand + hours in it and have no plans to stop playing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Years
Hard for me to choose between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Pokemon Battle Revolution. I have vivid memories of all of these games but if I had to choose one, it'd probably be the latter because it was exhilarating to me to see my Pokemon on the big screen and "copying" them (so to speak) from my handheld to PBR so I can go up Mt. Battle and see my own team in action. Those were fun days. n.n

In the case if PBR it was really just a matter of seeing my 4th gen team on the big screen and fighting all of the AIs with them.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Pokemon Conquest. Both took Pokemon in a different direction that I ended up really liking. Being a Pokemon is honestly a lot of fun, and as for Pokemon Conquest, I really liked the concept of turning historical figures into Pokemon characters, and completely changing the way battling works. It's a cool concept, and I wish they'd do it again someday.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
The NDS Mystery Dungeon games were a lot of fun, with an enticing story to boot. If I has to pick one, I'd say Explorers of Sky was my favourite.
The Ranger series were also great, with each evil team being memorable to me.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series (only until Explorers of Sky, the following games took a weird turn) all the way!! I've just finished the main story of Blue Rescue Team and oh boy did I miss those games. It's a total different way of imagining the Pokémon world. Literally a world where YOU are a Pokémon and you talk to other different Pokémon and there are no humans involved (even though story wise there are reference to humans, but you see no trainers in-game). Being a Pokémon, having a team and going on dungeons and recruiting other friends is just so amazing and fun! Plus, the story is usually pretty cool and makes me tear up at the end (ahem... Explorers of Sky). The games can also be very challenging and that's a good thing.

I also played two games of the Ranger Series, my favourite being Shadows of Almia and it was a really enjoying experience. It showcases a different way of Human-Pokémon interaction, in which there are no Pokéballs involved. I remember having lots of fun playing it when I was young and storywise, I think it was pretty alright ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love Colosseum and XD so much. I loved the characters and various different locations / battle facilities. Shadow Pokemon were so cool.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Conquest was fun up until the post-game where you lose all your pokemon...lol. I never got around to finishing it because of that. Colosseum and XD were the closest thing we got to a full 3D experience for quite awhile. Kinda hard for me to pick against that.

Years
My favorite spinoffs are the Colosseum and XD. I liked the fact that the games are in 3D and in Colosseum you started out by betraying Team Snagem. The Shadow Pokémon idea was also put the player in the position of "stealing" Pokémon from the opponent.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I loved Blue Rescue Team and it's probably one of my most played Pokémon games even when counting the core series, but I think I should give this to Colosseum. While XD is technically superior in many aspects I still prefer Colosseum's story (few things in the series imho felt as epic as the Realgam Tower showdown), also the limited pool of Pokémon to choose from perhaps made it one of the most challenging games so far (tbf I also have nostalgic reasons, it was the game that made me buy a Gamecube, which then ended up being my gateway into the Nintendo universe). Both Colosseum and XD also looked great and have some of the most spectacular locations in the series imho.

Years
the ranger games are excellent. I haven't played the third one yet though. but the other two are masterpieces. story-wise and graphics-wise

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Does old school Pokemon Stadium count? Cause that's my answer lol.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Just... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. No reason, just everything about this spin off franchise is amazing. All of the games I have played from it are outstanding.

Also Conquest not too far behind. And Quest not too far behind as well. Which I am playing right now.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I have been playing Pokemon Ranger a lot recently. It's quite good, I am surprised it does not seem to have a large following.

Years
I loved the Mystery Dungeon series. I remember crying and laughing out loud when playing them. We had Red Rescue Team on the computer (I was Mudkip, my sister was Charmander). I got Sky from my friends for my, say, 12th birthday and it was awesome. And the soundtrack is amazing!

I loved Ranger: Guardian Signs too, the first game I ever eagerly expected and bought as soon as they got it. It was tons of fun and filled with such vivid colours. The sign mechanic was really cool and, again, the music was great.

And I can't forget Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure! That game is awesome! It's so fun and full of life and cool features.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
I haven't actually played many of the Spinoff Pokemon games, though there was one that I really enjoyed when I was younger (and one of the few Pokemon spinoffs I've played), Super Pokemon Rumble. It was quite fun back from when I remember it. Even looking back on it now, I might get back on it to 100% it, I only had like 10 or so Pokemon to get in it.

Back