• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Sinnoh Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
In my opinion:

Lucario - why is this thing in every single Ash fanfic? It got its own movie, it appeared in Smash, I get it. But why?
Gallade - another very overrated Pokemon that apparently won last two Favourite Pokemon tourneys or something... even though it feels like it has an unfinished design and is outclassed by other fighting-types, including Lucario.
Glaceon and Leafeon - they're cute, I understand, but just because they're Eevee evolutions doesn't mean they exist in real life... Glaceon has a lot of firepower, Leafeon has Swords Dance, but I wouldn't really use them...
Arceus - the very concept of this Pokemon is questionable in my opinion, and as such, despite using it a lot in the only tiers I play (Ubers and AG), it's actually one of my least favourites and I only use it because... I kinda have to.

But what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I can see Lucario as being pretty overrated. I never found its design to be appealing to me. Though, I'm also not a dog person in general...
Arceus seems ok to me. Being the deity of all Pokemon and having the abiltiy to become any type, it's natural for it to be as used as it is and that doesn't really bother me as much.
What I do find interesting about Arceus isn't as much as it being considered some sort of god of everything, but rather that the claims of it being a god all just seem to origin from Sinnoh. For all we know it could just be a slightly more powerful legendary that just happened to be around some place when people saw it and assumed it was some kind of godly being. There could still be something new in the future that is going to be an actual god of all things in the Pokemon world.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Lucario is just straight up the most overrated Pok?mon full stop. I ranted about this somewhere else on these forums but damned if I'm going looking for it. The unwarranted hype Lucario gets has actually managed to stir an irrational hatred for it inside of me.

pkmin3033

The amount of Lucario hatred in this thread gives me the tiniest sliver of hope for this forum. It makes me happy

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Spiritomb. It being easily hackable to have Wonder Guard (through cheating) due to its Dark/Ghost typing just made it feel overrated to me.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I think I might as well jump onto the Lucario train. though it probably wont be overrated anymore if everyone hates it

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I don't hate Lucario, but I can see how overrated it has become.

I noticed Lucario has played a role in the anime and movies in every generation since its debut.
Advanced Generation - Had its own movie.
Diamond and Pearl - Maylene had one, Riley had one and there was a Ranger special with a Riolu that used aura.
Best Wishes - Cameron had a Riolu that evolved during his league battle with Ash.
XY - Korrina had one and there was a mini arc involved it trying to control itself during mega evolution.
Gen 7 - One of Ash's companions will have one in the I Choose You movie. I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be one in the Sun/Moon series either.

Also, I'm pretty sure it has been in almost every regional Pokedex since D/P (not counting remakes and B/W).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I admit Lucario is overrated with how popular it is, it has plenty of shortcomings, but as Page said at this rate, Lucario is on track to become underrated at some point if more and more people jump on the overrated train. xD

As for me, I always found Froslass to never be as good as advertised. Its a fine Pokemon and all but I found myself getting annoyed when it came out in DP and every fell in love with it. I was thrilled when Glalie and not Froslass got a mega.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i have to say garchomp. the design was lackluster, the typing we had seen in flygon, it floated on the line of a shark/reptilian but never came full circle as a dragon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Bidoof - Not worthy of all the hate it receives. You don't see Ratata or Sentret getting the hate.
Lucario - I think this one is just because peer pressure. So many people hate on it, that you almost feel obligated to hate on it. I really don't have an opinion on it, I'm pretty indifferent, but I don't love the Pokemon, so I just feel like I have to hate it.
Luxray - Maybe if it received Dark typing in Sinnoh I would feel differently, but ever since Gen VI introduced Mega Evolutions, all I've heard is "Luxray needs the Dark type!" over and over. It's a nice Pokemon but people need to chill with the begging for the Dark type. There are a lot more Pokemon that need another type whether it be to benefit them competitively, or just because they look they should be that type, but you only ever hear about Luxray.
Glaceon/Leafeon - I always fine the Eeveelutions to be overrated. Just a personal opinion.
Lickylicky/Probopass/Other end of Pokedex Evolutions - Same as Bidoof. They seem to get a lot of unwarranted hate.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Luxray - Maybe if it received Dark typing in Sinnoh I would feel differently, but ever since Gen VI introduced Mega Evolutions, all I've heard is "Luxray needs the Dark type!" over and over. It's a nice Pokemon but people need to chill with the begging for the Dark type. There are a lot more Pokemon that need another type whether it be to benefit them competitively, or just because they look they should be that type, but you only ever hear about Luxray.

People want it to be a dark type just because it's black skin. Banette is black, but it's not dark type either. Zekrom is black, but not a dark type. If Luxray should get an extra type, it should be Psychic, because of it's X-ray vision, but I think pure electric fits just fine.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I like Lucario, even if it's overrated.

But in my opinion, the most overrated Sinnoh Pokemon is Glaceon. It may be strong, but it's pretty slow for an attacker, and aside from Ice type moves and Shadow Ball, its coverage is pretty subpar. And while it has 110 Defense, the only thing it resists is Ice, so it can only really tank physical Ice type moves. It doesn't help that it evolves late in the games.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Luxray, It is a mediocre Pokemon with a solid if unspectacular design. How does such a nothing Pokemon get so much love?

Lucario and Garchomp get a lot of hype too but they are both strong Pokemon. Luxray is not.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm also jumping on the bandwagon and saying Lucario! I've never liked its design that much and whilst I love dog Pokemon, Lucario really doesn't strike my interest. It has a cool typing but overall it just feels bland to me for some reason. I also feel like Giratina is overrated or at least it was when I was younger. A lot of people liked Giratina because it had a super cool design and typing but it felt like a so-so Pokemon for me.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Luxray, it is a mediocre Pokemon with a solid if unspectacular design. How does such a nothing Pokemon get so much love?
Lucario and Garchomp get a lot of hype too but they are both strong Pokemon. Luxray is not.
Well... I suppose the design's appeal is about taste?;)
In terms of strenght, I think it all revolves around the trainers' personal experiences :
I have a Luxray in my Diamond version game. As far as I remember he came handy in
several situations and I easily over-leveled him, however this might also be because well...
he got Pok?rus:|. On the other hand I also have a Lucario, but it didn't help out too much,
and that's probably my own fault because I didn't bulk him up properly.

After this small topic deviation, I'm writing down about two 'mons that are likely
overrated and the reasons that might justify that.(my post already takes the whole screen,so the spoiler was mandatory)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-~?~-(pointless ornament for the victory!!!2!)

Last edited:
Back