• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Untitled Infernape/Magmortar Deck

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Pokémon (15)
1x Infernape Lv.X
2x Infernape Lv.40
2x Monferno (DP)
2x Chimchar (DP)
2x Magmortar Lv.48
2x Magmar (MT)
2x Magby (MT)
1x Blaziken (PK)
1x Torchic (PK)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium (28)
3x Rare Candy
3x Professor Elm's Training Method
2x Speed Stadium
2x Island Hermit
2x Mr. Stone's Project
2x Energy Restore
2x Pokédex HANDY910is
2x Scott
2x Strength Charm
2x Holon Mentor
2x Super Scoop Up
2x Dusk Ball
2x Professor Rowan

Energy (17)
2x Warp Energy
15x Fire Energy

Hi guys, this is the deck I've just used at the Battle Roads Autumn. It was good, but it could definitely be better. One thing I'm definitely doing is replacing PETM with Celio's Network, so I can search for Infernape Lv.X. One problem I had, though, was that I frequently came dangerously close to decking myself. Also, I never actually used Blaziken. If anyone could give me any advice on these things, as well as anything else, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2007
Ok I noticed a few problems with your list when I first looked at it, mainly because of the small lines. Seeing as you said you did not use Blaziken that much, and you did very well I assume, take the line out. Add one more Chimchar and Infernape for speed because you really need Infernape out with DRE turn 2 or something close to that.

Also something important to play would be Cessation Crystal. Since neither Magmortar nor Infernape have Powers or Bodies, this would be a great addition. The only drawback to the card is Magby's Baby Evolution. I'd say you could probably work your way around that.

As Energy goes I'd probably add at least +3 DRE, for 3 Fire Energies, otherwise tech in Crystal Beach. XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2011
Pretty much ditto what he said, I don't think that Magmortar line is such needed, DEFINATELY max out on the Infernape line, because 2/2/2&1 won't cut it. I would try to make it 4/3/3&1 of the Infernape line, because Chimchar is actually quite a good starter to guarantee a speedy win. DRE is a must to pull out surprise 80 damage attacks from the Ape.
Delcatty is a good card to run in this deck (but thats pretty unoriginal now XD), the trainer line looks pretty solid, but I would personally make beefing up the Pokemon lines a priority.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Right, thanks for your comments guys. :) Taking in those suggestions, plus others from different places, this is what I've got at the moment:

1 Infernape Lv.X
3 Infernape Lv.40
2 Monferno
4 Chimchar
2 Magmortar Lv.48
2 Magmar
2 Magby

3 Rare Candy
3 Celio's Network
1 Lake Boundary
2 Island Hermit
3 Bebe's Search