• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Desert Version - Alpha 0.2! (Second Gym Released!)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
So far it?s been really enjoyable to play. Keep up the good work!

Appreciate it! :)

Looks interesting. I?m from California, so I like the inspiration. Is the region inspired by Southern California and Mexico, or is it literally supposed to be those areas?

A mix of both - like the areas are called "San Diego," "Tucson," "Las Vegas," etc. but aren't perfect replications!

This has a lot of potential. I wish that you reach your goal to finish it in the allotted time. When the demo reaches 6 gyms, I will definitely play it. Until then I will peek in on your progress! Have fun! :)

Much appreciated! Thanks for the support!

MegaDeoxy

MayIsBae
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 22, 2019
After I defeated the kid in the house with the songwriter girl, my character won't move nor I can talk to the kid

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
After I defeated the kid in the house with the songwriter girl, my character won't move nor I can talk to the kid

Just tried this in two emulators and wasn't able to replicate the scenario... I'm not sure what the issue could be. Do you remember what you did prior to the battle?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
You know, I can't really think of any threads that showcase bugs with images of them and ask how to fix them. This is, surprisingly a smart idea, and I'm actually baffled that I haven't really seen this used elsewhere. I honestly hope this starts a trend for everyone else to follow. It's such a small thing but, I think it'd be surprisingly effective for a lot of people.

Anyways, I'm liking the images so far. I think the green shadow under the regular FR/LG trees looks a bit awkward, and should probably be two shades of yellow instead of two shades of green. Though I kind of get if that's hard to fit in due to palette limitations.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
looks promising. im probably going to download once it is released or when the first 4 gyms are done. also do you have a expected release date for the next update. thanks for creating a new rom hack cause there's not many new ones as of late.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
looks promising. im probably going to download once it is released or when the first 4 gyms are done. also do you have a expected release date for the next update. thanks for creating a new rom hack cause there's not many new ones as of late.

Hello!

I recently returned from a two-week long trip. My schedule for next semester allows me to work on the hack for around ~2hr a day. I'm planning on having a new version out with four gyms by the end of July! I might have an interim edition come out when I get three gyms, but will probably wait till four!

I've taken note of quite a few bugs and added a lot of content already! Excited to get it out for y'all!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
You know, I can't really think of any threads that showcase bugs with images of them and ask how to fix them. This is, surprisingly a smart idea, and I'm actually baffled that I haven't really seen this used elsewhere. I honestly hope this starts a trend for everyone else to follow. It's such a small thing but, I think it'd be surprisingly effective for a lot of people.

Anyways, I'm liking the images so far. I think the green shadow under the regular FR/LG trees looks a bit awkward, and should probably be two shades of yellow instead of two shades of green. Though I kind of get if that's hard to fit in due to palette limitations.

Much appreciated, brother!

I'm going to redo a lot of the tiles for the next update, will def try to get the trees looking more natural! The FR/LG ones were placeholders as I'm designing new sprites :)

SongOfReverie

Video games and stories are my oxygen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 30, 2018
Hi, here in November playing the most recent version! I'm having a bit of trouble getting through the various rival battles; sometimes, when loading a save, the game reverts to a sort of camera zoom mode with the movement pad and I'm unable to move the character. This also happens after some rival battles. Has this happened to anyone else? Or maybe it's my specific download (had to use a .zip file for my emulator)?

Last edited:
Back