• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020

.ips Download for Pokemon Crystal is attached to this post!

Pokemon Bronze is back with a sequel!

Two complete regions, brand new characters, same old Pokemon story!​

In Pokemon Bronze 2 you start as either a boy or a girl trainer in Old Oak Town with the goal of collecting all 8 badges and then defeating the Elite Four.
But along the way, an evil team is trying to execute their plan to steal, kidnap and make money.
It even includes a full second region with post game!

Once again, going for a completely run of the mill Pokemon story game that is sorely missing from many Pokemon rom hacks.

"It's just like a real Pokemon game!" - AxmanAMV

Screenshots (Outdated, check trailer):
PBM0mgY.png
VsL3QXb.png
sj9ow54.png
FBe2p5N.png
KgXvuI7.png
JX0mUAY.png

If you played the first game, expect more of that but a few times better. Your Pokemon journey continues!
Download below V

Attachments

• pokebronze2 1.01.ips
    936.6 KB · Views: 392
  • pokebronze2 1.05.ips
    937.9 KB · Views: 1,713
Last edited:
Years
Man I love the first one wish there was post game stuff to do but seem like Bronze 2 will make up for that. Bronze help get through a tough time in 2014, I just lost my grandmother, and Bronze help me get through. so thank you fr making number 2 :)

Years
Pokemon Bronze was a great game! At first, I thought I wouldn't like it since I'm not a fan of Gold based hacks. But then I started playing it and, sure it wasn't perfect (there was a shortage of Pokemon, I only have 5 Pokemon with me :P) , but it was very good. Its a simple hack complete with the 8 gyms, Elite Four and the antagonists. So I'm glad that you're making another one. And I hope that you complete this game. Best of luck!

Midi

Charming Ghost~
Years
Well, this is a nice surprise! I really enjoyed the first one, and it's what pushed me back into romhacks and eventually join PC. Can't wait to see what's in store this time!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Did a bunch of coding and mapping today on a Rocket hideout.

zgohyqk.png
XJ3l3vS.png

I coded up a nice series of events on finding out where the hideout is hidden.
Sorta just going back and fourth between the timeline and shoving events in. :P

I would never have been able to do half of this stuff back using Gold.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Added a park area with some story events, I'll change up the graphics later.

qadh57g.png
zJUcH6I.png

I'm going to add an area with events in it similar to the Lake of Rage part of the game. If anyone has suggestions on what kind of unique location I should do, shoot 'em over.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I played Bronze 1 a few months ago and boy, it was one wacky game but fun. I didn't catch all the Pokes as I just went through the game itself mainly due to the problems it had but this looks much better. These Poke hacks from the 1st and 2nd gens are killing my time so much that I had to go on a sabbatical from Pokemon because of all of them. Here's my list of hacks I've played: Bronze 1, Strike Yellow (aborted due to it being a little too hard and me getting bored as well as my aversion to the look of the game graphically), Mateo's Red++ (incomplete, but playable as he's constantly working on it), TPP Anniversary Crystal (fun, but hard and I still kicked ass!), Red & Blue DX by my man TheScarletSword who I helped with finding the bugs as a player, and I played the original Pokemon Green with the messed up english patch but it was fun as I never played the game due to it not being released here. I played a rather buggy spanish Gold hack called Pilar, or Pillar which used Mesoamerican lore and it had some pretty cool fakemon designs but the game is a hot mess of incomplete areas, bugs, and also difficulty spikes. I have plans to play Pokemon Prism when it's released later this summer as well. I will put this one on the list too as well so don't keep us waiting too long Freako!

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
OMG I can't wait! THis looks and soudns amazing, I played the first game so I am HYPE! You already have two regions completely mapped!?! Holy crap!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Sweet! a 2nd one! I can't wait. Actually I can wait. Well anyways I hope to see more from this. Going to subscribe to this thread.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
good luck and hope this is completed
more old gen hacks is always a good thing

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Thanks guys!

And I'm glad nobody so far has asked for a beta.
I should have still mentioned that the only release of Bronze 2 will only be the final product, like I did with the first one.

Currently I'm still coding story events, I don't really want to show too much of the key events 'cause I want it all to be fresh when you play.

For now, here's the male & female protagonist and the rival sprites!

JAAGWfe.png

Turjo12

The King
Years
Okay.
Good hack...Though, I have not played Pokemon Bronze...By the comments made by the members, I think it was a Great hack.
Good luck on a sequel.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
just asking, will this hack have features from later gens like physical/special split, fairy type, new moves, repel system etc?

seeing TPP crystal having those, i hope its possible on this new hack too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
just asking, will this hack have features from later gens like physical/special split, fairy type, new moves, repel system etc?

seeing TPP crystal having those, i hope its possible on this new hack too.

Physical/special, maybe
fairy type, no
new moves, no
repel system, maybe

None of this has been planned. Right now it's all grounded in what we were given in 2001, because that's what the hack is all about.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Nice! Looking forward to this, loved the first one. Will there be a Red-like situation like in Gold? Battling the trainer from the first Bronze Game, or both of them, would be awesome!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
well i hope you are able to at least add physical/special split. things like alakazam being able to use elemental punches is nice but having the split would add more viability to a lot more other pokemon...

Back