Scripts, Tutorials & Tools This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old August 13th, 2017 (5:07 PM).
RPD490's Avatar
RPD490 RPD490 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Blackthorn City, Johto
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 157
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GT-Baka View Post
    I believe Disguise was covered here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=393760
    Tried following it, I can't figure it out considering how it is posted.

    I keep getting an error involved in PokeBattle_Battler and I tried to follow what was posted exactly but its just confusing how it is structured.

    Anybody else have luck getting Disguise in?
    __________________
    This signature has been disabled.
    Signature is over 600px wide :(
    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      #102    
    Old October 1st, 2017 (1:42 PM).
    Azurestonedog's Avatar
    Azurestonedog Azurestonedog is offline
    AZR Stonedog
       
      Join Date: Dec 2016
      Location: Wales
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 21
      2.0 is the 1.2 update changes in with the other files to ensure only one pack needs downloading. Compared the downloads.
        #103    
      Old October 1st, 2017 (11:17 PM). Edited October 1st, 2017 by Marin.
      Marin's Avatar
      Marin Marin is offline
      Not Bored
       
      Join Date: Nov 2016
      Age: 16
      Gender: Other
      Posts: 793
      2.0 is just 1.2 or something like that, yeah. The pack made specifically with v17 in mind - which will be 2.0 - has not been made yet. I've done a couple things here and there, but not much yet. I've got three other projects going on, one of which has to be completed this year. So, this project doesn't have my priority. I'm also still thinking of a way to make implementing that new version as easy as possible; I don't want a million files with copy everywhere again. I am much better at making things user-friendly than I was then, but there'll still be a good amount of replacing to do. I said I'd make a whole kit, but I don't like the idea of kits and think I'm not going to do that.
        #104    
      Old October 8th, 2017 (11:47 AM).
      PeterStrike's Avatar
      PeterStrike PeterStrike is offline
      Chaos Trainer Peter would like to battle
         
        Join Date: Oct 2017
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 2
        Quick question. Couldn't you use the MoveEffects for SolarBeam, for SolarBlade?
          #105    
        Old October 9th, 2017 (12:54 PM).
        Strecki Strecki is offline
           
          Join Date: Oct 2017
          Posts: 1
          Hello,
          when I try to open the editor I got this error:
          ---------------------------
          Pokemon Essentials
          ---------------------------
          Exception: RuntimeError

          Message: Field Fighting Memories is not a positive integer

          File PBS/items.txt, line 530

          1,0,"A memory disc that contains Fighting-type data. It changes the type of a specific Pokémon.",0,0,0,





          Compiler:219:in `csvPosInt!'

          Compiler:476:in `pbGetCsvRecord'

          Compiler:472:in `each'

          Compiler:472:in `pbGetCsvRecord'

          Compiler:817:in `pbCompileItems'

          Compiler:816:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

          Compiler:615:in `each_line'

          Compiler:615:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

          Compiler:612:in `open'

          Compiler:612:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

          I hope you can help me.
            #106    
          Old October 9th, 2017 (2:25 PM).
          Sulphur Alchemist Sulphur Alchemist is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2017
            Posts: 6
            Hello, I added your scripts on my "Pokemon Essentials project", I added attacks and abilities scripts and now it shows this message:

            ????? 'PokeBattle_Battler' ? 3544 ??? SyntaxError ????????

            I don't know what I do. Can you help me??

            This is my script:

            Code:
            ##########################################################################
            # Turn processing
            ##########################################################################
              def pbBeginTurn(choice)
                # Cancel some lingering effects which only apply until the user next moves
                @effects[PBEffects::DestinyBond]=false
                @effects[PBEffects::Grudge]=false
                # Reset Parental Bond's count
                @effects[PBEffects::ParentalBond]=0
                # Encore's effect ends if the encored move is no longer available
                if @effects[PBEffects::Encore]>0 &&
                   @moves[@effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]].id!=@effects[PBEffects::EncoreMove]
                  PBDebug.log("Resetting Encore effect")
                  @effects[PBEffects::Encore]=0
                  @effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]=0
                  @effects[PBEffects::EncoreMove]=0
                end
                # Wake up in an uproar
                if self.status==PBStatuses::SLEEP && !self.hasWorkingAbility(:SOUNDPROOF)
                  for i in 0...4
                    if @battle.battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::Uproar]>0
                      pbCureStatus(false)
                      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} woke up in the uproar!",pbThis))
                    end
                  end
                end
              end
            
              def pbEndTurn(choice)
                # True end(?)
                if @effects[PBEffects::ChoiceBand]<0 && @lastMoveUsed>=0 && !self.isFainted? && 
                   (self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICEBAND) ||
                   self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICESPECS) ||
                   self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICESCARF))
                  @effects[PBEffects::ChoiceBand]=@lastMoveUsed
                end
                @battle.pbPrimordialWeather
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbBerryCureCheck
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbAbilityCureCheck
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn(false)
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbCheckForm
                end
              end
            
              def pbProcessTurn(choice)
                # Can't use a move if fainted
                return false if self.isFainted?
                # Wild roaming Pokémon always flee if possible
                if !@battle.opponent && @battle.pbIsOpposing?(self.index) &&
                   @battle.rules["alwaysflee"] && @battle.pbCanRun?(self.index)
                  pbBeginTurn(choice)
                  @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} fled!",self.pbThis))
                  @battle.decision=3
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  PBDebug.log("[Escape] #{pbThis} fled")
                  return true
                end
                # If this battler's action for this round wasn't "use a move"
                if choice[0]!=1
                  # Clean up effects that end at battler's turn
                  pbBeginTurn(choice)
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  return false
                end
                # Turn is skipped if Pursuit was used during switch
                if @effects[PBEffects::Pursuit]
                  @effects[PBEffects::Pursuit]=false
                  pbCancelMoves
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  @battle.pbJudge #      @battle.pbSwitch
                  return false
                end
                # Use the move
            #   @battle.pbDisplayPaused("Before: [#{@lastMoveUsedSketch},#{@lastMoveUsed}]")
                PBDebug.log("#{pbThis} used #{choice[2].name}")
                PBDebug.logonerr{
                   pbUseMove(choice,choice[2]==@battle.struggle)
                }
            #   @battle.pbDisplayPaused("After: [#{@lastMoveUsedSketch},#{@lastMoveUsed}]")
                return true
              end
            end
            Last 'end' is line 3544.
              #107    
            Old October 10th, 2017 (6:09 AM).
            Marin's Avatar
            Marin Marin is offline
            Not Bored
             
            Join Date: Nov 2016
            Age: 16
            Gender: Other
            Posts: 793
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sulphur Alchemist View Post
            Hello, I added your scripts on my "Pokemon Essentials project", I added attacks and abilities scripts and now it shows this message:

            ????? 'PokeBattle_Battler' ? 3544 ??? SyntaxError ????????

            I don't know what I do. Can you help me??

            This is my script:

            Code:
            ##########################################################################
            # Turn processing
            ##########################################################################
              def pbBeginTurn(choice)
                # Cancel some lingering effects which only apply until the user next moves
                @effects[PBEffects::DestinyBond]=false
                @effects[PBEffects::Grudge]=false
                # Reset Parental Bond's count
                @effects[PBEffects::ParentalBond]=0
                # Encore's effect ends if the encored move is no longer available
                if @effects[PBEffects::Encore]>0 &&
                   @moves[@effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]].id!=@effects[PBEffects::EncoreMove]
                  PBDebug.log("Resetting Encore effect")
                  @effects[PBEffects::Encore]=0
                  @effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]=0
                  @effects[PBEffects::EncoreMove]=0
                end
                # Wake up in an uproar
                if self.status==PBStatuses::SLEEP && !self.hasWorkingAbility(:SOUNDPROOF)
                  for i in 0...4
                    if @battle.battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::Uproar]>0
                      pbCureStatus(false)
                      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} woke up in the uproar!",pbThis))
                    end
                  end
                end
              end
            
              def pbEndTurn(choice)
                # True end(?)
                if @effects[PBEffects::ChoiceBand]<0 && @lastMoveUsed>=0 && !self.isFainted? && 
                   (self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICEBAND) ||
                   self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICESPECS) ||
                   self.hasWorkingItem(:CHOICESCARF))
                  @effects[PBEffects::ChoiceBand]=@lastMoveUsed
                end
                @battle.pbPrimordialWeather
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbBerryCureCheck
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbAbilityCureCheck
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn(false)
                end
                for i in 0...4
                  @battle.battlers[i].pbCheckForm
                end
              end
            
              def pbProcessTurn(choice)
                # Can't use a move if fainted
                return false if self.isFainted?
                # Wild roaming Pokémon always flee if possible
                if !@battle.opponent && @battle.pbIsOpposing?(self.index) &&
                   @battle.rules["alwaysflee"] && @battle.pbCanRun?(self.index)
                  pbBeginTurn(choice)
                  @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} fled!",self.pbThis))
                  @battle.decision=3
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  PBDebug.log("[Escape] #{pbThis} fled")
                  return true
                end
                # If this battler's action for this round wasn't "use a move"
                if choice[0]!=1
                  # Clean up effects that end at battler's turn
                  pbBeginTurn(choice)
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  return false
                end
                # Turn is skipped if Pursuit was used during switch
                if @effects[PBEffects::Pursuit]
                  @effects[PBEffects::Pursuit]=false
                  pbCancelMoves
                  pbEndTurn(choice)
                  @battle.pbJudge #      @battle.pbSwitch
                  return false
                end
                # Use the move
            #   @battle.pbDisplayPaused("Before: [#{@lastMoveUsedSketch},#{@lastMoveUsed}]")
                PBDebug.log("#{pbThis} used #{choice[2].name}")
                PBDebug.logonerr{
                   pbUseMove(choice,choice[2]==@battle.struggle)
                }
            #   @battle.pbDisplayPaused("After: [#{@lastMoveUsedSketch},#{@lastMoveUsed}]")
                return true
              end
            end
            Last 'end' is line 3544.
            You've not copy/pasted something over properly.
              #108    
            Old November 24th, 2017 (10:52 PM). Edited November 24th, 2017 by Callmefreak.
            Callmefreak's Avatar
            Callmefreak Callmefreak is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2013
              Location: Hope Peak's Academy
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 75
              I haven't used this yet because in the game I'm working on there's already some "fakemon" that I had to give its own number to, but I feel like spriting so I decided to download this to see if there are any sprites that needs to be made. That's when I noticed that there wasn't a Shiny Alolan Sandslash! I dunno if the wrong one was in the file or if the person just didn't have enough time to make it, but I did a quick recolor of it if anybody wants it.
              Spoiler:


              I've also noticed a lack of Dusk Lycanroc and the new Ultra Beasts... Unless they're in the new pack that I don't think is downloading for some reason... I can do those sprites and add them onto Essentials if I find the time. I at least wanted to have the shiny Sandslash so people would know that they have in fact encountered a shiny. =3

              And also I'm sorry if the sprite is gone after some time. I have it downloaded so I can upload it on MediaFire if I really need to.

              Edit: By "adding them onto Essentials" I mean the stats and what-not, in the "Pokemon" PBS file.
              __________________

              My Trilogy of games are done! (All inspired by Danganronpa)
              Pokemon Distrust
              Pokemon Sanguine
              Pokemon Accourt Academy
              (Prequel, but may be best to play last)
                #109    
              Old November 25th, 2017 (2:56 AM).
              Marin's Avatar
              Marin Marin is offline
              Not Bored
               
              Join Date: Nov 2016
              Age: 16
              Gender: Other
              Posts: 793
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Callmefreak View Post
              I haven't used this yet because in the game I'm working on there's already some "fakemon" that I had to give its own number to, but I feel like spriting so I decided to download this to see if there are any sprites that needs to be made. That's when I noticed that there wasn't a Shiny Alolan Sandslash! I dunno if the wrong one was in the file or if the person just didn't have enough time to make it, but I did a quick recolor of it if anybody wants it.
              Spoiler:


              I've also noticed a lack of Dusk Lycanroc and the new Ultra Beasts... Unless they're in the new pack that I don't think is downloading for some reason... I can do those sprites and add them onto Essentials if I find the time. I at least wanted to have the shiny Sandslash so people would know that they have in fact encountered a shiny. =3

              And also I'm sorry if the sprite is gone after some time. I have it downloaded so I can upload it on MediaFire if I really need to.

              Edit: By "adding them onto Essentials" I mean the stats and what-not, in the "Pokemon" PBS file.
              Nope, not doing USUM stuff. This project is no longer supported. If I end up redoing this project, we'll see, but I don't have any plans for the near future.
                #110    
              Old December 21st, 2017 (5:58 PM). Edited December 21st, 2017 by matthew57778.
              matthew57778 matthew57778 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2016
                Posts: 1
                How do i install the scripts folder to rpg maker xp or pokemon essentials?


                EDIT: Oh he's abandoned it what a shame cause i wanted gen 6 and 7 pokemon on essential.
                  #111    
                Old February 19th, 2018 (10:53 AM). Edited February 19th, 2018 by averyindahouse.
                averyindahouse's Avatar
                averyindahouse averyindahouse is offline
                Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2015
                  Location: Somewhere in California I think...
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 41
                  It is worth noting that, for those who want to use this pack, it is no longer compatible with Essentials v17 and upward. Pokemon.txt in essentials now has an entry called "shape" for searching with the Pokedex, and the text files in this pack do not have that line on any of the Pokemon.

                  You can still make it "re-compatible" by adding in the line and proper shape yourselves, but that is a tedious effort.
                    #112    
                  Old February 19th, 2018 (11:10 AM).
                  Ego13's Avatar
                  Ego13 Ego13 is offline
                  hollow_ego
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2017
                    Location: Larua Region
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 221
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by averyindahouse View Post
                    It is worth noting that, for those who want to use this pack, it is no longer compatible with Essentials v16 and upward. Pokemon.txt in essentials now has an entry called "shape" for searching with the Pokedex, and the text files in this pack do not have that line on any of the Pokemon.

                    You can still make it "re-compatible" by adding in the line and proper shape yourselves, but that is a tedious effort.
                    Or you could use this resource
                    __________________
                    Looking for spriters to help with

                    Pokemon Hollow on pokecommunity.com
                      #113    
                    Old February 20th, 2018 (12:46 AM).
                    Anuran Anuran is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2018
                      Posts: 5
                      Nice work Marin
                        #114    
                      Old March 9th, 2018 (8:58 AM).
                      sharzin's Avatar
                      sharzin sharzin is offline
                      the biggest iranian pokemon fan
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2015
                        Location: iran
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 137
                        you should also add the pbs file for TMs, HMs. and move tutors
                        __________________
                        check out my fangame:

                        pokemon re-imagined
                        and click here if you are interested in helping me for it.
                        my youtube= https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzu7etRQgtNkCiZNLc3CLjA?view_as=subscriber
                        my twitter: https://twitter.com/SharzinL
                          #115    
                        Old March 15th, 2018 (1:21 PM).
                        Mintyboi's Avatar
                        Mintyboi Mintyboi is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2018
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1
                          I need help, this is what appears

                          ---------------------------
                          Pokemon Essentials
                          ---------------------------
                          [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

                          Exception: RuntimeError

                          Message: Undefined item constant name: CHERIBERRY

                          Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and

                          underscores and can't begin with a number.

                          Make sure the item is defined in

                          PBS/items.txt.

                          File PBS/berryplants.txt, line 3

                          CHERIBERRY=3,15,2,5





                          Compiler:670:in `pbGetConst'

                          Compiler:702:in `parseItem'

                          Compiler:1590:in `pbCompileBerryPlants'

                          Compiler:1580:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

                          Compiler:251:in `each_line'

                          Compiler:251:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

                          Compiler:248:in `open'

                          Compiler:248:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

                          Compiler:1580:in `pbCompileBerryPlants'

                          Compiler:4389:in `pbCompileAllData'



                          This exception was logged in

                          C:\Users\TAMURA\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

                          Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                          --------------------------------------------

                          And also I don't know how to install scripts
                          __________________
                          I need help with my fangame, if you're interested dm me for details
                            #116    
                          Old March 16th, 2018 (9:32 AM).
                          Ace's Avatar
                          Ace Ace is offline
                          big nick
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2004
                          Location: New Jersey
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 17,456
                          Closing this thread at the request of the OP.
                          Closed Thread

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:03 AM.