• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Also about alakazam and umbreon, those trainers are meant to be jokes and you've to avoid battling them.
I think it's fun if you don't use save states :P
If you actually can beat them then you're probably stronger than Red and Blue already.

I guess I should stop training so much

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Forgot to comment on this.

Please don't take offense when I say this, but I find that to be very absurd.

Attacks like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt have always been popular over Fire Blast and Thunder because of their greater accuracy. Furthermore the AI as usual gets far more lucky breaks than the player, as I've only seen it miss with attacks far less often than I do, I'd say they miss 1/10th of the time compared to myself. Double Team and Sand Attack's usefulness isn't any better seeing how those don't make much of an effect until three or more uses, and personally I'd rather have reliable attacks instead.

This is so far my only complaint (and the only thing I can really give Constructive Criticism on) with this hack, otherwise it is terrific.

EDIT: Ooookay. I'm a bit confused as to how I'm supposed to get at the Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage. I've been wandering around the place looking for a path to the guy, but I can't find one. I see trainers and items on high up ledges but I can't reach them X_x

DOUBLE EDIT: I think I sequence broke the game. Despite not being able to fight Red Gyarados, I was able to beat the Mohagany Gym and now I can go to Goldenrod City. I'm a bit concerned that I can't get the Whirlpool HM.

TRIPLE EDIT: Dude, your TM edits kick major ass. Sacred Fire and Cross Chop being buyable from Celadon City (I'm guessing, since they replace Sunny Day and Rain Dance)? Holy crap yes. Only thing to make this better would be Aeroblast as a TM.
So you didn't find red gyarados ?
Well there is a "wall" in the mountain in lake of rage and you can go through it. If you can't find it I'll give you a pic of it (PM me of that).

I think I changed Celadon Mart a little so they're probably not Sunny Day and Rain Dance...but I'm not sure of it though.
And about Aeroblast, there is a TM called Aeroblast in the game :D
You can get it in Celadon Mansion but it's a bit tricky one:

1. You can only get it at night
2. You have to get to the backdoor of the mansion :P
3. You have to get to the top (isn't too hard but the mansion looks a bit weird)

miksy91

Years
A little update !

If you've been wondering why 7th rival battle in Indigo Plateau isn't edited, it's now.
Nothing else has been done (patch file 1.03 is in first post)

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Very good hack. But... my pikachu could learn surf, while slowpoke couldn't... it kinda ripped of part of the team -.-
Good thing though, is that I can still use slowpoke as bulk/psychic one. And... well... pikachu has more special attack and second gen has no stab... poor fire types LoL

miksy91

Years
Thanks guys :)
Also check Legend Version demo in Scrapbox (the banner with link is below in my signature)

Yeah, only Pikachu can learn Surf. Water Types are gonna have to use Waterfall or Hydro Pump for strong STAB attacks.

Also I've noticed a reoccuring glitch in some, but not all areas with Items on the field. In Azalea Forest for instance, the items respawn even if you obtain them. This is the same for Tin Tower, Mt. Mortar and I believe Dark Cave. Mt. Mortar is notable because some of the items you can farm using this glitch are PP Ups, Vitamins and powerful Potions. Also TM Night Shade if I recall. All you have to do is leave the room, then go right back into it.
That glitch just comes up when editing the places of the items.
I shouldn't edit those rooms at all if I didn't want that glitch to happen.
It's same in my every hack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Hm... Well... What about battle tower ? When and how are you supposed to beat those imba trainers ? ( if u are supposed to LoL )

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
What do you exactly mean with it ?
I didnt play the original crystal, so there are some stuff I dont know

VFlea

The Trooper
Years
I seriously hate that Farfetch'd puzzle.

Also, I wasn't able to find Violet

miksy91

Years
What do you exactly mean with it ?
I didnt play the original crystal, so there are some stuff I dont know
I don't know how to explain it but the difficulty levels in battle tower are lv10 20 30 40...100. You've to battle with three pokemon and beat all the trainers there. Try it if you want but it's not necessary.

I seriously hate that Farfetch'd puzzle.

Also, I wasn't able to find Violet
Violet City was in the game at first but afterwards I got a major bug and I had to remove it from the hack. You can still enter there with "walkthough walls" code and glitch the game.

With Farfetch'd when it is in front of the shrine you've to make a weird decision and head right and jump of the ledges there.
Then you can return to place where the bird is below it.
Then just talk to it and follow it where it flies.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Congratz man! Even though this is a crystal hack its the best one Ive played after shiny gold X ( with rijon at third position )

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Nice!

This looks good!

I'm going to try it out!

Hm... Well... What about battle tower ? When and how are you supposed to beat those imba trainers ? ( if u are supposed to LoL )

Caution:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
I have beaten gym in violet city,Elm called me and said to visit his friend at pokecenter but there is no pokecenter at violet city ?!?!

miksy91

Years
A major bug occured while I hacked pikachu edition.
At first Violet City was normal and had gym, sprout tower and stuff like that.
Then somehow the city became buggy and I had to fill it with trees and it's nothing more right now.
I moved sprout tower and gym to Ruins of Alph and violet city pokemon center was also in ruins of alph. However I noticed that if you hadn't visited violet city before going to pokemon center (which is impossible) you'll be taken home if you die.
So I had no other choice but to remove the pokemon center from the game.
If you look first post Togepi and Togetic aren't catchable in this hack :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back