• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thanks! That's a good point, I didn't notice that.
wow way to ruin the surprise for everyone I told you already nerd

Thanks! Swinub does indeed have one evolution more than Yanma and Tangela. However, the way in which it learns Ancient Power (ie through the move relearner) means that I'll be able to delay when Mamoswine is available to the player. In any case, it's likely I'll redo this selection of starters, but for now that will be what they are.

Thanks!

YMaDgLz.png
L5DSdgE.png

Just some more screenshots of Phoena City.

Nice house tile! ^^ I can't wait to see mooooore omg.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Awesome job there Spherical Ice !!!I really like the story , the tiles and the original features you added like the four sages instead of the pokemon league and the hidden grottoes ( I think Black 2 / White 2 had a similar feature ) .Keep up the good work !!! Good luck on this ( and I hope you'll get back to Cobalt sometime I really liked it too )

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Seems pretty interesting, but what really gets me is this:
Spoiler:

Not only does the mysterious tablet in the middle look great on its own, but it melds so fantastically with the tiles around it that it gives the illusion of 3D. I love it!

Apart from that, I'm digging this hack. You don't see too many hacks that rewards and praises exploration the way this does, and the region and its past is so mysterious that the player will have no choice but to submit to their curiosity and do so. I'm interested in seeing more of this.

This immediently caught my attention as well. The tile itself and its abillity to blend, or well Spherical's abillity to blend it in perfectly.

Sages, ancient mysteries, exploration, you've caught my attention. Looking forward to play it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Wow! I really love the tiles, they look amazing. :)

Really looking forward to this hack because of the mystical themes. There's a lot of potential to the story. How much of the story is complete, just wondering?

Best of luck! Hope you finish it. :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Dayyuuumn Spherical Ice I really like those starters. I'll definately go with Yanma, but will it have speed boost, or will you just give that to Yanmega for balancing purposes? I wish you the best of luck on this hack, again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I rate this, so much. A very mysterious story, uncovering secret pasts sounds very intriguing. I also love your choice of additional pokemon to bring in to the region - a mix of scifi and mythology inspired beasts.

Your choice of tiles go really well together, and although your mapping style isn't always my cup of tea your maps fit together perfectly - you have a really strong 'look' going on.

I love the addition of secrets and hidden areas, those kind of extra-bonuses are great as a player (and fun making too, I bet). It adds a bit of authenticity to a ROM-Hack, if it isn't all story-story-story. Every good game needs some exploration and side-quests!

I look forward to more progress ^_^.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
It looks very cool, which program do you use (if i may ask)?

Ty.

Years
I just looked their Base Stats up and found that it didn't really matter actually... Tangrowth had the BST of 535, Yanmega of 515, and Mamoswine of 530... but at their pre-evolutions Swinub is at a huge disadvantage having 250 BST while the other two had 435(Tangela) and 390(Yanma and a bit low at that) and I think Piloswine should replace Swinub with a BST 430 but then Yanma would fall behind.. In this way the game would be like Yanma - Hard, Piloswine - Medium, Tangela - Easy having a base 100 Sp. Attack and 115 Base Defense at that...
Yeah, as I said, they're not final, I'll probably change them.

Don't forget to take in their movesets and how the Spherical would plot out the storyline.
This is a valid point.

Spherical! Hurry up already! I want to play this hack. Man, it looks so awesome, all the ancient stuff and theme of the storyline :^) And damn, those tiles and title screen look beautiful! (no homo)
I can't wait to play the beta
Thanks!

Nice house tile! ^^ I can't wait to see mooooore omg.
Thanks!

Awesome job there Spherical Ice !!!I really like the story , the tiles and the original features you added like the four sages instead of the pokemon league and the hidden grottoes ( I think Black 2 / White 2 had a similar feature ) .Keep up the good work !!! Good luck on this ( and I hope you'll get back to Cobalt sometime I really liked it too )
Thanks! The Four Sages of Orbtus aren't exactly a replacement of the Elite Four, though.

This immediently caught my attention as well. The tile itself and its abillity to blend, or well Spherical's abillity to blend it in perfectly.

Sages, ancient mysteries, exploration, you've caught my attention. Looking forward to play it.
Thanks!

Wow! I really love the tiles, they look amazing. :)

Really looking forward to this hack because of the mystical themes. There's a lot of potential to the story. How much of the story is complete, just wondering?

Best of luck! Hope you finish it. :)
Thanks! Quite a lot of the story is planned out in my head, but the hack itself doesn't have much completed yet.

Dayyuuumn Spherical Ice I really like those starters. I'll definately go with Yanma, but will it have speed boost, or will you just give that to Yanmega for balancing purposes? I wish you the best of luck on this hack, again.
Thanks!

Totally monitoring this hack.. I can't wait to see it get close to completion.
Thanks!

I rate this, so much. A very mysterious story, uncovering secret pasts sounds very intriguing. I also love your choice of additional pokemon to bring in to the region - a mix of scifi and mythology inspired beasts.

Your choice of tiles go really well together, and although your mapping style isn't always my cup of tea your maps fit together perfectly - you have a really strong 'look' going on.

I love the addition of secrets and hidden areas, those kind of extra-bonuses are great as a player (and fun making too, I bet). It adds a bit of authenticity to a ROM-Hack, if it isn't all story-story-story. Every good game needs some exploration and side-quests!

I look forward to more progress ^_^.
Thank you!

It looks very cool, which program do you use (if i may ask)?

Ty.
There is a list of the tools used on the first post.

I've mostly been working on updating the mechanics to that of Generation 6's, which includes implementing the Generation 4 physical / special / status split, Fairy-type, decapitalisation, new moves, etc. Have some screenshots:

Nj1UJIU.png
EfsSdOh.png

Of course, most of this isn't really my work, so credit goes to DoesntKnowHowToPlay, Darthatron, Choas Rush and all of the other contributors to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource for their respective work.

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIRY TYYYYYYYYYYPPPEEESS!!!! Yeeeey!!

I'm so gonna play this when this comes out... I really like the story line, the graphics, the features.. everything!!! gotta wait..

Years
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIRY TYYYYYYYYYYPPPEEESS!!!! Yeeeey!!

I'm so gonna play this when this comes out... I really like the story line, the graphics, the features.. everything!!! gotta wait..

Haha, I'm glad to see you're excited. Thanks!

Anyway, this is just a small update to showcase the extended Pokédex and new moves I've been implementing:

u7P54sC.png
lzWazrE.png

OR2mKOv.png
26x8YwF.png

(If it's of any interest to you, those are custom Pokédex entries. Turtwig likely won't be available in Celanto Town, either.)

Years
So how many new Pokemon are you gonna put?

There's the "infrastructure" (for want of a better term) for more than 712 Pokémon, so that I can retain their proper National Dex numbers. As for how many Pokémon will actually be available? Well, I'm not sure, but this spoiler lists ones I'm confident are appearing (this is nowhere near comprehensive, it's just ones that definitely will):

Spoiler:

As well as some Fairy-types.

Years
Nice! Looking forward to this.

Thanks!

JCFnjTc.png
N3sDG3v.png

This just shows a small ASM routine I wrote which allows you to view the Ancient Tablet a little closer. For now, it's kind of redundant, but it was mostly an exercise for me to practice displaying images with swi 0x12. Thanks to daniilS for the general guidance and for putting up with my stupid questions.

TbsyN9T.png

This is a sneak peek of Phoena Tunnel, the first cave of the hack.

In non-screenshot news, I've also got cries to work for the Generation 4, 5 and 6 Pokémon, and I have been inserting them as their Pokémon are added. All in all, things are coming together nicely!

Years
I can't wait until it's fully completed :)

Me neither!

Progress is still being made, albeit slowly: I've recently made an aggregate image of all of the maps so far and ironing out any inconsistencies, as well as planning good places to add extra content. I also finally got around to inserting all of the updated sprites, and have started to map out Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City. Take a look!

Saj2VmL.png
DIQ6Jz1.png
SU7foSP.png

F8CkmdC.png
kILhXIc.png
xqzNqYv.png

Last edited:

Riansky

Purr
Years
I can't stop looking at your screenshots. The maps are spot on. Love the kinda Nintendo style with your own things. Really, best looking hack out there. If only I could still hack..apart from mapping haha.
Amazing!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
God, that is so awesome! <3 How you keep with the original fr tiles and added some looks beautiful. I love the cave as well, I just can't wait for more screeny! ^^

Back