• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
hi it's me again..
i'm still stuck at altering cave puzzle, do i must press all the button at second room or just the appropriate numbers?
you said that 5 and 6 are 4 and 3 characters respectively, so what number another 4 character is? is it 4 like the first room? and those two 5 characters, one of them is 3 (based on the first room) and another one is 7/8 am i right?
oh by the way, did you know that one of this hack's feature allow you to get a pokemon with 255 ev on all stats?
well sorry if my short essay is confusing you, i don't know how to put it simple way..

So in the second room, the numbers are, if I recall correctly: Five->Six->Seven->Eight->Nine
If two numbers have the same amount of characters in their name, the leftmost one will be the smaller number.
As an example, one and two have the same amount of characters, but because one is smaller than two, it is placed to the left of the conflicting panel.
I'll look into the EV issue. Might just be that I needed to create additional checks.

i encountered a game-breaking bug. if you go to sevii islands the second time without getting the strength HM in fuschia city (i forgot to on this current save) you get stuck becuase the sailor wont let you sail back to vermilion city until you go through mt.ember to retrieve the ruby which you need strength HM to get through the cave. is there a fix. maybe you already knew about this bug (im on beta 2.08 the latest one i think)

This is concerning. I'll look into this to see if there really is no way out.

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
I'm having an issue with the patch. I have patched to 2 different Fire Red versions and I have used 3 different patching applications and the outcome is the same each time. Once I start up the game, it's just a blank white screen and that's it.
Can I have some kind of assistance because I would really like to give this hack a try but I can't play it. :/

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I'm having an issue with the patch. I have patched to 2 different Fire Red versions and I have used 3 different patching applications and the outcome is the same each time. Once I start up the game, it's just a blank white screen and that's it.
Can I have some kind of assistance because I would really like to give this hack a try but I can't play it. :/

Is the ROM you are applying to Pokemon Firered (U)(Squirrels)? If not, search for that ROM. The patching application I recommend for this hack is Lunar IPS (LIPS).

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Is there a chance you could compile a Pokemon location list, please? I'd like to know which Pokemon are where.

Not so sure if you missed it or if you desire a more accurate list, but here's the one I created for you some time ago:
Spoiler:

Same as the list I provided before, but this times with legendary Pokemon location details.
It should be mostly correct, but I'll gladly elaborate on some of the locations if you need me to. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Good day!

I just want to say that I really like this game!

Just one question though, I visited all the route that's supposed to have or be roamed by tornadus and thundurus, but I can't seem to find them, no rain either. Any thoughts on this? Got all other legends already and beaten the E4 and seven island done as well.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Good day!

I just want to say that I really like this game!

Just one question though, I visited all the route that's supposed to have or be roamed by tornadus and thundurus, but I can't seem to find them, no rain either. Any thoughts on this? Got all other legends already and beaten the E4 and seven island done as well.

I'm really pleased to hear that. :D
Did you enter and reenter the route plenty of times? The rain activates upon entering the route, so just enter and reenter until it starts raining.

Oops, that's my bad. I must have missed the original copy. I'm so sorry.

No problem!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Mystery Man this isso a great rom one of the bests i ever played but i found some bugs:
1-I was in the Bond Sphere and i fought a lvl 0 Ducklett.
2-I received 2 Cover Fossils (one from the main game and the other from Pewter Museum)
3-I get infinite Victory Tickets.
4-Eevee's cry and dex info are bugged.
5-Tornadus-Therian Sprite is bugged and volcanion's backsprite is cut in half.
6-There are Male Meowstic with the female sprite.
7-And Victini and Helioptile doesn't have cries.
Besides the bugs, this is an awesome hack.
Edit: I can't get past the Strength+Slide puzzle in the Trick House.
Edit2: Nvm the Trick House thing.
Edit3: Just found this bug: in the lvl 50 Bond Sphere a Frontier Trainer (with a Dragon Tamer Sprite) has 2 Male Meowstic. His team roster is: M-Meowstic, Malamar and another M-Meowstic.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Mystery Man this isso a great rom one of the bests i ever played but i found some bugs:
1-I was in the Bond Sphere and i fought a lvl 0 Ducklett.
2-I received 2 Cover Fossils (one from the main game and the other from Pewter Museum)
3-I get infinite Victory Tickets.
4-Eevee's cry and dex info are bugged.
5-Tornadus-Therian Sprite is bugged and volcanion's backsprite is cut in half.
6-There are Male Meowstic with the female sprite.
7-And Victini and Helioptile doesn't have cries.
Besides the bugs, this is an awesome hack.
Edit: I can't get past the Strength+Slide puzzle in the Trick House.
Edit2: Nvm the Trick House thing.
Edit3: Just found this bug: in the lvl 50 Bond Sphere a Frontier Trainer (with a Dragon Tamer Sprite) has 2 Male Meowstic. His team roster is: M-Meowstic, Malamar and another M-Meowstic.

Awesome, very happy to read that. :D
Thank you for reporting the errors as well. I am confident I can fix most of these in the next iteration of this project.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I have an odd bug involving the bug duo of shelmet and karrablast.
I got the trade stone from the merchant after beating up the rockets and decided to try to evolve karrablast, but no such option came up. Went and caught a shelmet right after and tried it with that in party, but neither could evolve with the stone.
Is there some other method I'm missing? Even with eviolite karrablast is pretty poor at this point in the game.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I have an odd bug involving the bug duo of shelmet and karrablast.
I got the trade stone from the merchant after beating up the rockets and decided to try to evolve karrablast, but no such option came up. Went and caught a shelmet right after and tried it with that in party, but neither could evolve with the stone.
Is there some other method I'm missing? Even with eviolite karrablast is pretty poor at this point in the game.

They evolve by using the Enigma Stone on them. Enigma Stones can be bought in the Celadon Department Store. ;)

I do feel the same way about Karrablast's and Shelmet's usefulness midgame. This is the main reason why the Enigma Stone was created--it evolves Pokemon that might be too weak to be useful midgame, even with the Eviolite.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 20, 2020
First of all, do allow me to congratulate Mystery Man on one of the finest and most well rounded and polished hacks I've played so far. Blazed through most of it (except the battle facilities and E4 rematch) in less than a week. I was wondering if you could tell me how to get Hoopa's Unbound form, since I've pretty much tried every item in the game on it without success. And while we are on the subject of alternate forms, Zygarde, Meloetta, and Keldeo don't have theirs in this version, or have I missed them as well?
Anyways, thanks for all the work you've put into it, its truly been amazing to play through.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
First of all, do allow me to congratulate Mystery Man on one of the finest and most well rounded and polished hacks I've played so far. Blazed through most of it (except the battle facilities and E4 rematch) in less than a week. I was wondering if you could tell me how to get Hoopa's Unbound form, since I've pretty much tried every item in the game on it without success. And while we are on the subject of alternate forms, Zygarde, Meloetta, and Keldeo don't have theirs in this version, or have I missed them as well?
Anyways, thanks for all the work you've put into it, its truly been amazing to play through.

Have you interacted with the shop keeper in the Seven Island Pokemon Mart? He should give you the Prisonbottle (item that transforms Hoopa) after catching it.
Correct, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Zygarde do not have their alternate formes in the current release.
Thank you! I'm very much encouraged!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 20, 2020
Awesome! I'll be sure to check on him right away.. Thanks for the reply, hope you're doing great, keep on the good work! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
hey mystery man i was wondering if you plan to include sun and moon pokemon in kanto black? now that we have gba gen 7 sprites and know the new pokemons stats and base stat totals.

Galilee7

27th Ch
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2017
Hellllpppp my Pumpkaboo(came from Wonder Egg) won't evolve with the Trade Stone

Back