• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
i think what he ment was that you can digivolve into all of the forms a digimon has but you have to meet each one (then pick like 3 to choose from to have with you to digivlove to), then before battle you can tell which one youwant to be digivolved into at the start of battle.

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
Not exactly...

Let's start with the lab idea. Once you meet the conditions to digivolve, you could go to the lab and change your rookie into a champion... from now on he'll always be a champion. (by this I only mean while walking and in battle)

In battle he'll start as a champion and then have the option to digivolve further once the conditions are met.

Though, I think the conditions for this near-permanent transformation should be a little higher than the normal digivolution, since he's going to stay that way.

Now, the other part... Let's take Agumon. He can digivolve into Greymon, or GeoGreymon... I think one should be able to choose which of the two digivolution lines, your partner digimon takes.

Now, Agumon's GeoGreymon line is a bit more complicated since it can turn into ShineGreymon or VictoryGreymon as a MEGA level. I think one should be able to choose throughout every step, what its going to digivolve to. Then, after choosing, you'd still need to meet the conditions.

Is that any easier?

Years
Yeah but before anything, Id rather just have a set line until the game is done, then we can worry about branch evolution. Lets focus on the gameplay first. Its a great idea, but not a priority.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
ok i think i understand what you are saying and think i thought up an idea that would make us happy (not sure how difficult it would be for the game though).

There is the lab or something that lets you digivolve, when at a level (rookie, champion, ultimate) it lets you choose between all available digimon from that digimon.

like lets use Agumon, lets say at level 10 Agumon digivolves into Greymon, but if you were to train Agumon up to level 15 with 50+ attack you get GeoGreymon, but if you were training Greymon you would never get this option.

Basically what I'm saying is using the digimon world 3 evolution style were each digimon has it's own level and digivolutions that only that digimon can meet.

what they did was they assigned the rookie base stats then when you were in a digivolution those stats were increased by a number.

this is all if there are multiple digivolution paths

Last edited:

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I gotted confused, lol. Anyway, the only thing I don't get is the base stats part from DW3, would you want to change the stats as the digivolution line changes? - Also, don't forget about using the lab to choose your partners' generations.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
the thing about the stats is that the rookie level has
X hp
X attack
X defense
X speed

the champion would have
X+100 hp
X+20 attack
X+40 Defense
X+4 speed

so the stats don't drop they can only increase, and you only train the rookies stats, then every digimons stats raise.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
awesome game, im surprised no one thought of this before, can't wait to play it

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, I had planned on making a digimon game...It didnt work to well. its probably easier with a team.It might've helped if i knew how to script. I hope to have alot of digimon drawn up before the next update. Working on Some more common digimon along with a few megas and ultimates.

megadude33

I'm the Alpha Omega baby
Years
  • Age 30
  • ???
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
Wow I am a little bit late, but Nice update FMP, the female digimon sprites look awesome, the ultimate form concept looks sexy. XD I can't wait to see more of the game and also I can't wait to see the mega forms of the game. Good luck. :D

emissary

Taboo's follower
Years
I guees I'm a little late for the update aswell but I have to say, I love it the female event made me laugh, the sprites of the female hero's partner looks great, the concept art of the ultimate form looks hot, and the gender selection feature looks very professional, I see the shadowed Mega forms look like Royal knights, but I'm not sure I guess I'll have to wait to find out. Well can't wait to see more.

~emissary

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Nice game, FMP.

Allso.... Are those tiles from Megaman Battle Network? It looks A lot like them o _O

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Not exactly...

Let's start with the lab idea. Once you meet the conditions to digivolve, you could go to the lab and change your rookie into a champion... from now on he'll always be a champion. (by this I only mean while walking and in battle)

In battle he'll start as a champion and then have the option to digivolve further once the conditions are met.

Though, I think the conditions for this near-permanent transformation should be a little higher than the normal digivolution, since he's going to stay that way.

Now, the other part... Let's take Agumon. He can digivolve into Greymon, or GeoGreymon... I think one should be able to choose which of the two digivolution lines, your partner digimon takes.

Now, Agumon's GeoGreymon line is a bit more complicated since it can turn into ShineGreymon or VictoryGreymon as a MEGA level. I think one should be able to choose throughout every step, what its going to digivolve to. Then, after choosing, you'd still need to meet the conditions.

Is that any easier?

Great explanation. That's the Gist of what I had in mind ;)

Yeah but before anything, Id rather just have a set line until the game is done, then we can worry about branch evolution. Lets focus on the gameplay first. Its a great idea, but not a priority.

Very True Zephyr, but none the less, I'll try my best to incorporate the Idea as soon as I get to it lol.

ok i think i understand what you are saying and think i thought up an idea that would make us happy (not sure how difficult it would be for the game though).

There is the lab or something that lets you digivolve, when at a level (rookie, champion, ultimate) it lets you choose between all available digimon from that digimon.

like lets use Agumon, lets say at level 10 Agumon digivolves into Greymon, but if you were to train Agumon up to level 15 with 50+ attack you get GeoGreymon, but if you were training Greymon you would never get this option.

Basically what I'm saying is using the digimon world 3 evolution style were each digimon has it's own level and digivolutions that only that digimon can meet.

what they did was they assigned the rookie base stats then when you were in a digivolution those stats were increased by a number.

this is all if there are multiple digivolution paths

Ha ha ha Correct. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to implement all that though but I'll learn what I need to, to get it all in there ;)

awesome game, im surprised no one thought of this before, can't wait to play it

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, I had planned on making a digimon game...It didnt work to well. its probably easier with a team.It might've helped if i knew how to script. I hope to have alot of digimon drawn up before the next update. Working on Some more common digimon along with a few megas and ultimates.

Lol Yeah It is alot easier to do with a good team, and scripting really helps in the long run. The new concepts sound Great. I've seen a few, but I don't know how much more you plan so I look forward to seeing em all lol.

Wow I am a little bit late, but Nice update FMP, the female digimon sprites look awesome, the ultimate form concept looks sexy. XD I can't wait to see more of the game and also I can't wait to see the mega forms of the game. Good luck. :D

Ha ha ha No Problem Megadude, and Thanks I'm glad you liked the Update...I won't lie The mega form of the female does look...hot...0_o

I guees I'm a little late for the update as well but I have to say, I love it the female event made me laugh, the sprites of the female hero's partner looks great, the concept art of the ultimate form looks hot, and the gender selection feature looks very professional, I see the shadowed Mega forms look like Royal knights, but I'm not sure I guess I'll have to wait to find out. Well can't wait to see more.

~emissary

lol I guess that's 3 of us that think she's pretty hot. Thanks I'm glad you liked the update, and you think they look like Royal Digimon too? That's 2 people now...Ryu...We're going to have to start taking people out before they're able to guess what's going on.

Nice game, FMP.

Also.... Are those tiles from Megaman Battle Network? It looks A lot like them o _O

Ha Thanks Man. Welll...If you're looking at the new room from the latest update, then no, but the ones on the first page are...I've redesigned the room to give it a close Digimon DS feel rather then megaman lol.

Sorry Info on what we've been up to has been a bit slow everyone, but I've been hard at work preparing for my other games update with the Carbon team as you can see in my Sig below. Don't think we haven't been working hard on Alpha though. Everyone's been doing something to keep the game going and we've planned alot of new stuff...As a matter of fact...Speed has picked up dramatically in some aspects of the game such as sprites, and I already have the next update planned out. Just have to get everything together after Carbon's update.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
sweet, I can't wait for the carbon update (because after that, it's three days less to wait for the next update)(I also fallow that now a little since finding out about this).

Years
I've only just recently got into digimon and i'm lovin it!
Your game looks awesome though, just like the officials.
And the tiles are awesome! Can't wait for the demo ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back