• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What was your in game team

Orashunter

Garchompz
Years
So I'm just after sending my pokemon from Pokemon X, Black, and black 2 to my Omega Ruby. Now I'm restarting X and I picked Fennekin. But I'm not sure what the rest of my team should be Any ideas?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
my team right now

Lucario
Charizard
Blastoise
Greninja
Abomasnow
& Heliolisk

but I'm currently in the breeding phase trying to get the same team but all perfect IVs

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
When I chose Fennekin on my first play, I rotated my team with Gogoat, Helioplisk, Greninja, Florges, Tyrantrum, Goodra. :)

Hope that helps giving you inspiration on building your own party.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to my team in X, it is my World War II Ships team. The members consist of the following:
Enterprise (Pokemon Species: Greninja)
Role: Leader

Littorio (Pokemon Species: Gogoat)
Role: The Smart Guy

Hood (Pokemon Species: Aegislash)
Role: Lancer

Voroshilov (Pokemon Species: Aurorus)
Role: The Big Guy

Kaga (Pokemon Species: Heliolisk)
Role: Tag Along Kid

Bismarck (Pokemon Species: Noivern)
Role: Sixth Ranger

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Wow lol I really can't remember my original team that well tbh... :(

Something like:

Delphox
Absol (Mega)
Roserade
Sylveon
Goodra

and maybe Swanna? I feel like I used a Swanna, but I'm not 100% sure. It was a pretty cute team overall, though.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
My current X team consists of:
Zhong Mou the Delphox(my starter)
Zi Ming the Gyarados (Magikarp was the only Pokemon I caught, other than Xerneas of course.)

And I have Charizard and Lapras as my HM slaves (dumped Lucario into the PC after that one battle).

Basically, as long as you level enough, this two can sweep everything. I was so proud of Zi Ming when he swept Drasna, despite sustaining multiple Thunderbolt attacks. ("Zi Ming toughed it out to show its best side to Jiaxin!")

itsnairb

Fire Type Expert
Years
Only used like 4 Pokémon actually:
Chesnaught, Charizard, Feraligatr and Ampharos.

I kept that in mind, that my team could overcome every types,
so example my Charizard both had a grass type move, and a ground type move (for water, ground, rock and electric types).

Just remember not to only use one type of a attack (like both ember, flamethrower etc.),
I usely have like 3 attacks moves, and 1 defend/status move.

Hope it helps :)

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
greninja.gif
talonflame.gif
diggersby.gif
gogoat.gif
aurorus.gif
goodra.gif

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
My X team was/is:
Greninja
Tyrantrum
Blaziken/mega Blaziken (event)
Trevenant
Xerneus
Charizard/mega charizard X

But to try and help, I'd say get bulbasaur at lumiose, either fossil (both are good I think). And a flyer (drifloon, noibat)

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
My original X team consisted of:

Pyra the Delphox (F)
Grace the Gardevoir (F)
Mary the Ampharos (F)
Sage the Venusaur (M)
Vlad the Crobat (M)
Scott the Lapras (M)

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd recommend a Grass type to help with Fennekin's Water, Rock, and Ground weaknesses. Venusaur, Roserade, Vileplume, Gogoat, Trevenant/Gourgeist (if you can trade) and Ferroseed are all some good choices. I also recommend a Water type, since they're great in-game and makes a nice Fire-Water-Grass core. Azumarill, Gyarados, Lapras, Vaporeon, Clawitzer, Barbaracle, Tentacruel, and Starmie are some good ones.

Other than those, all you really need is a Flyer, and maybe an HM user if you don't want to waste the bad HMs on your party Pokemon. You could also use a Mega and just wreck everything with it. Also, feel free to try out any Pokemon you feel you might like. Almost anything is great to use in-game. Hope I helped.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I actually never remember my teams, since I change them up so much. My most prominent team in X was Clawitzer, Gardevoir, Trevenant, Excavalier, Zygarde, and Kyurem. Two legendaries, sure, but they're not exactly broken by any stretch so I feel they're fair.

Clawitzer was definitely on my in-game team, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
Im still playing (just won the 8th medal) and my team right now is:

Delphox
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Flygon
Pangoro
Lapras

BlueDragon91

I love my family!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
My Poke'mon Y team!

My Poke'mon Y team is as follows:
1. Umbreon ♂. Nickname: Smokey.
2. Espeon ♂. Nickname: Calica.
3. Dialga.
4. White Kyurem.
5. Kyogre.
6. Mewtwo holding a Mewtwonite Y.
My trainer's name is Ash.
My favorite Poke'mon is Umbreon. It is named after my cat, Smokey.
Calica is my brother's cat.

Last edited:

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
I kept a pretty static team throughout the game, only changing for evolutions and the legendary.
Chesnaught (Starter)
Blastoise (really wanted Ivysaur, but I already had a Grass starter and wanted somewhat of a balance for the story playthrough)
Sylveon (because I wanted a Fairy type and my Titania grew on me<3)
Tyrantum
Talonflame
Yveltal

Yveltal ended up replacing my Lucario (not the one Korrina gifted. I didn't expect one from her before I evolved a Riolu).

I don't know; I feel like I have to include the Legendary of the game in my party as a symbol of being the hero of the story. It makes fighting the Elite 4 more dramatic in my opinion.

After the Elite 4, I used a Legendary heavy team for the side-quests. Mewtwo, Zygarde, Articuno, and Yveltal. I mixed it with my original team every now and then to fight the Elite 4 to level 100 or Exp-Share my Pokemon to evolve for Pokedex completion. And of course, Talonflame for Fly or breeding.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
ChesnaughtFront.gif
673.png
dragalge_by_vale98pm-d6sv8u7.png
clawitzer.png
florges.png
FkBj9aU.png

I kinda regret using both Dragalge and Clawitzer on the same team, but they have really cool designs. Chesnaught, Talonflame, Florges, and Noivern are also love. :D

Back