• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo Switch Discussion [OUT NOW!]

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
if they say ANYTHING related to mario kart im preordering that thing asap

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
I'll be happy if there's no Pokemon games, honestly. Getting consoles on release is a pain both with availability and price and I'd be happy to wait a few months to a year.

Still, I hope their launch titles are good for the health of the console. The WiiU's poor launch library practically killed the console on its own.

User19sq

Not interested unless there's a Pokémon XD sequel or new Smash Bros/Xenoblade/Shantae stuff.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
$300 or less, pre-orderable ASAP on Amazon, is all I expect.

Years
Not going in with expectations, I'm just hoping they don't announce anything (main series) Pokemon related because I know it'll be a pain to get the actual console for awhile because Nintendo.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Well, if I get it anytime soon, I would have to pay for it myself, which would SERIOUSLY damage my quarter collection :/ Might have to wait even until the end of the year. But if they show pokemon, I'm getting it ASAP.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll be happy if there's no Pokemon games, honestly. Getting consoles on release is a pain both with availability and price and I'd be happy to wait a few months to a year.

Still, I hope their launch titles are good for the health of the console. The WiiU's poor launch library practically killed the console on its own.
There will be Pokemon titles for the Switch - just a case of what, and when. I don't mind a lack of main titles for it right now, but some spinoffs (e.g. Snap 2? Or much more unlikely, a Colosseum-esque title) would be great imo.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Depending on what's shown tonight, this might be the first time I try and get a console on release date.

I'm definitely expecting some Mario footage at the very least.

Just don't region lock the thing for god's sake.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
There will be Pokemon titles for the Switch - just a case of what, and when. I don't mind a lack of main titles for it right now, but some spinoffs (e.g. Snap 2? Or much more unlikely, a Colosseum-esque title) would be great imo.

Yeah I meant no Pokemon stuff tonight to put off inevitably having to buy the console. I avoided the WiiU but since there'll be mainline Pokemon games on the Switch eventually I'll need to buy it. The only side-title that'd get me to buy it would be a Mystery Dungeon or Colosseum game. A MD game might be possible this year since new Gen, but probably not as a launch title.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm hoping that they will fully unveil the specs of the Switch, and reveal some nice games on launch, and I'm hoping that region lock is no more, too. And even though I'm not sure if I'll watch the stream live atm, I'll still looking forward to what comes from that.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Was not expecting that early release date. I'm excited for Xenoblade 2 (just gotta fix that framerate) and the new Megaten game too. Mario Odyssey looks beautiful as well. Unfortunately, it looks like Zelda is the only launch title of the big named games.

No More Heroes is coming back too.

Also, region free. :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Pretty happy with the details so far (if a bit iffy on the paid online's but at the cost of region-free I don't mind at all), but these game announcements were the true heroes. Fire Emblems Warriors, the freshest Mario I've seen in a while, Xenoblade 2, and that sexy looking SE game.

Not bad, though. They went about this the right way.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That Breath of the Wild trailer was pretty intense.

Zelda is the only confirmed launch title, right?
To my knowledge, though I imagine we'll be getting a few more confirmations in the coming days. I'd be surprised if the two PoC titles they showcased weren't launch titles.

BTW, anyone notice that Disgaea 5's gonna be on there? That blows my mind, we haven't had a Disgaea title on a Nintendo console since Disgaea DS, and to think we'd see one on a Nintendo home (ish?) console all these years later...

...oh boy,times are a changin

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, everything about the console itself looks solid so far. Still waiting on specs and performance reviews though. For things like Skyrim (which runs terribly on gaming PCs that cost much more than 300USD) and even LoZ that's going to be crucial.

On the other hand, I can't tell if Nintendo is going to fall flat with their launch lineup or not. Only 2 games so far, but they are about the two best games to system sell. A party game that'll draw in the family Wii audience, and Breath of the Wild which is one of their most successful franchises. Mario not coming until the end of the year is bad though. If they'd had 1 2 Switch, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild (and maybe Minecraft, Skyrim, and Arms) they would have had an amazing lineup that'd probably have made the Switch one of the best selling consoles on start.

I really hope March doesn't come around and leave everyone looking around and asking "where are the games?"

Years
My main question after all of that is "But what IS the Shin Megami Tensei game?" Is it V? A remake(or remakes)? Strange Journey 2? Yet another sequel to IV? Something else entirely? I NEED ANSWERS, ATLUS.

Also with paid online being a thing I'm reeeeeeally hoping they don't put any main series Pokemon games on the Switch, although if they do then at least I'll be able to finish them without getting distracted.

Back