• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What did you like best about X/Y?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
hi whitney i am sorta stealing your thread for a moment here

Pretty self-explanatory: What part(s) of Pokemon X&Y did you like the most? I know there's something you liked about it =)

Years
Probably the 3D engine, it was really revolutionary and made the game look amazing. Even if it didn't run smoothly at times, I really liked the models and the way Kalos was presented to us.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite feature of Pokemon X and Y is trainer customization. I also loved some of the new Pokemon (Greninja, Talonflame, Florges, and Tyrantrum in particular).

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
A lot of Kalos was hit and miss with me. That being said, I did love a few things they did.

-Variety. The lack of an endgame didn't bother me too much, because here we got a very large, fully 3D region, with a massive amount of Pokemon available. It's easily the game with the most replayability.
- Character customization is an obvious one.
-Pokemon Amie
-Gym layouts
- I love Emma. Really the only new character introduced that I gave a damn about. The cast of "friendly rivals" was incredibly superficial and none of their personalities were fleshed out at all.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION

But besides that the cutscene near the end of the game where Xerneas/Yveltal awakens was really cool, and while the post-game of X/Y was horribly lacking, it at least had the Looker missions, which I thought were pretty nice

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
The pokeball store is really nice. Especially because I'm a fan of premier ball, it was great to be able to buy them individually. I liked many things about the game so it's a bit difficult to name just a few. All the locations and the OST were also awesome, not to forget the 3D environment and Amie.

TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION
I agree!

Years
For me, the character customization and Pokemon Amie. Those were two features I found myself using a lot, and the latter playing a part in evolving Eevee into Sylveon made it all the more enjoyable.

blue

gucci
Years
I liked the introduction of Mega Evolution, that was a revolutionary change that I adjusted to and now enjoy using. Character Customization was another step forward which is another thing that adds realism to the games. I wouldn't rank these games too highly on my list of favourites, but they did add some pretty awesome features to the franchise.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
While I have never actually played X and Y, I admire how the Kalos region has a very large amount of Pok?mon to capture that aren't as gimmicky to find as the ones in Alola.

Plus, the PSS. I'll miss it.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
The PSS certainly was really nice (rest in peace). Made things a lot easier.
Trainer customization is great too, it gives me a reason to blow a lot of money for no good reason.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Mega Mawile and Prof. Sycamore.

Also the character customization options are great, at least for girls. And I like the attempt they made with the story; honestly, I liked the characters XY tried to make more than the characters SM tried to portray.

Also the Looker Episodes. They're still fantastic.

And I really shouldn't be saying this because it should have stuck around but the PSS was really the ultimate connectivity feature, ever.

xXLunaSolXx

What I liked about the X and Y? Hmmm... few things obviously. They aren't my favorite games, but some things were cool though.

- The graphics
- Trainer Customization
- PSS
- Mega Evolutions
- Sitting on benches (why they got rid of them in Sun and Moon?)

Last edited:
Years
For me, aside from the obligatory mention of trainer customization, my answer here is easy: the enormous Kalos Pokédex. Over 400 Pokémon available before the post-game. That is some tough stuff to top. With that, you can almost guarantee you'll have a different experience between playthroughs.

Back