• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
She looks agile at least so I'm hoping she'll join Espeon in the base 110 club. I also hope she becomes a fast Pokemon with a huge Defense stat (130), decent HP (95), and basically nothing for offenses (65 each with the last 60 in SpDef.)

There's also a pattern to Eevee movepools that goes like:
- Helping Hand
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
5 - Sand Attack
9 - Weakest STAB
13 - Quick Attack
17 - Flavour Move / STAB
21 - Flavour Move / STAB (The one it didn't get last slot)
25 - STAB (Minus Jolteon [Pin Missile])
29 - +2 Boosting Move / -2 Stat-lowering Move (Minus Espeon [Psych Up]
33 - Flavour Recovery / Status-spreading Move (Minus Glaceon [Mirror Coat]
37 - Flavour Move / STAB
41 - Last Resort
45 - Flavour Move / STAB

It looks like a great candidate for Air Slash and Calm Mind. If it turns out to be a Flying Type. If it's normal then... maybe it'll gain improvement moves like Giga Impact.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I kind of disagree with that, because as proven with other eeveelutions(Umbreon, I'm looking at you) that kind of stat spread isn't exactly the best ever. I don't know how prevalent Taunt is if anything, but those stats basically scream support Pokemon and well...we already kind of have Umbreon to serve that purpose. u_u I hope that makes sense.

Duly noted, but even competitively, there's nothing wrong with having two support Eeveelutions. Umbreon has it's own "role", and it's own weaknesses.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll want it to be a speedy, special attacker pokémon with decent defenses, and low attack stat if flying, if it's normal than reverse the sp atk with the atk.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!

You know, given that it was central in the main poster/image thing, perhaps it means that this Eeveelution is the central one like you're implying, and therefore due to that it shares what everything else can do, while being normal-typed, but would make like another Porygon or something? That'd be interesting.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
She looks agile at least so I'm hoping she'll join Espeon in the base 110 club. I also hope she becomes a fast Pokemon with a huge Defense stat (130), decent HP (95), and basically nothing for offenses (65 each with the last 60 in SpDef.)

There's also a pattern to Eevee movepools that goes like:

It looks like a great candidate for Air Slash and Calm Mind. If it turns out to be a Flying Type. If it's normal then... maybe it'll gain improvement moves like Giga Impact.

That is an interesting spread Fast and Defensive wall at the same time. Has that been done before? Nothing comes to mind.

It might not be the most competitive thing, but it would be worth it just to be different. However, Flying is typically a offensive type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That is an interesting spread Fast and Defensive wall at the same time. Has that been done before? Nothing comes to mind.

It might not be the most competitive thing, but it would be worth it just to be different. However, Flying is typically a offensive type.

There's... Togekiss/Togetic I guess? idk.

But yeah while it would be interesting I'd rather have it be a really good attacker if it is flying. :( Like come on, increase Hurricane, more special moves, and boom you'd have an improved special flying-type group! And this one could lead it off :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope it'd be our first physical-based eeveelution, since we already have so many specially-based ones(in fact, all of them are, sans Flareon which doesn't even have any decent physical attacks, really).

Well maybe, but it looks too light to be physical I guess...? Like maybe Fighting is our next best bet. :(

Wait no, Leafeon is physical you fool. :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, maybe clues of it's physical or special specialty speculations can come from the clearer image of the second page that reveals Ninfia here:

Spoiler:

On the first image on the left, it looks like a Swift attack... or some sort of new star attack? The middle image looks like some sort of flaming-feather attack.. could that be a new move? Well, whatever they are, they don't appear to be physical moves. So, maybe it's specially based? Of course, the jury is still out on that one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I can't help but add in my own guess guess as to what stat arrangement Ninfia will have (in order of HP/Atk/Def/SAtk/SDef/Spe of course):
60/65/65/95/130/110. I like Doronjo's spread too, but I think it'll make Ninfia play a bit like a faster Umbreon.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
If the double helix in the japanese logo is anything to go by, this looks like a combination of eevee and skitty?

blue

gucci
Years
It could be a Dual-type Eeveelution? That could possibly be why theyre keeping it a secret, it would be a first and it does sort of look like more than just one type. Even though they've been used previously, to me it looks like Psychic/Fire which coincidentially happens to be the same type combination as Victini. I could be wrong but it is something tht they have never done before for an eeveelution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It could be a Dual-type Eeveelution? That could possibly be why theyre keeping it a secret, it would be a first and it does sort of look like more than just one type. Even though they've been used previously, to me it looks like Psychic/Fire which coincidentially happens to be the same type combination as Victini. I could be wrong but it is something tht they have never done before for an eeveelution.

Yeah I was thinking that too for a little while, but discounting a unique small legendary's typing so soon, idk. At least when Jirachi was a thing there was Metagross the same generation at least etc, while this'd come the generation after which'd make it less unique imo.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If Ninfia is a Flying type, which I'm assuming it might be, then I hope it's more offensive than it is defensive. I'm terrible at making my own stat spread, but something akin to Togekiss would be great; if only the Eevee line had higher stats though instead, specifically 60/65/65. Although, if it had to be a speedy physical hitter, then it better come with some great physical moves. Flareon suffers from this, while Leafeon isn't half bad. Otherwise I don't entirely mind another special Eeveelution.

As for it being a dual-type? I highly doubt that. Eeveelutions each represent a single type. That's one thing I'd prefer remain the same.

Dragon types, Water types, Fighting types, Steel types, Stealth Rock, Physical Pursuit, Perma-weather summoners, and the severe lack of Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types in OU.
Okay, Dragon types can be overpowered, but they have their weaknesses. Water types may be an abundance, but not all of them are exactly useful. And sure, Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types may not be some of the most commonly used types in OU. However, none of this calls for a new type whatsoever. The reason why Dark and Steel were introduced in Gen II was because there was an imbalance in the type system. To bring in a new type wouldn't have to do with what's not used in competitive gaming or if there's too many Water-types. It will have to do with expanding the different types and keeping a balance amongst those types, which there already is.

I'd love a new type, but I wouldn't say we need to have one. Chances are it won't fix much of these problems more than it'll just give us a new type and shift the system a bit, giving some Pokémon new strengths and/or weaknesses.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
They want us to speculate on Nympeons typing. The main reason I believe it is a Light type is because.of this. If it had been any existing type it would be easily recognizable. If it were a normal type I'm sure it would resemble Eevee more.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
But a light type doesn't make any sense. The only argument people give is that Dark type needs a counter. What people miss is that it isn't even called "Dark" type in Japanese. It's "Evil" type. This alone ends he discussion for a light type. There is opposite for Evil type. You can say that Every other Type is an Opposite of Evil.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
But a light type doesn't make any sense. The only argument people give is that Dark type needs a counter. What people miss is that it isn't even called "Dark" type in Japanese. It's "Evil" type. This alone ends he discussion for a light type. There is opposite for Evil type. You can say that Every other Type is an Opposite of Evil.

By light type, people don't mean a "good" type. They mean literal "light". The "good" type or justice-like type is found in Fighting.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
By light type, people don't mean a "good" type. They mean literal "light". The "good" type or justice-like type is found in Fighting.

That was my Point. There is no "Darkness" Type..Thus, A "Light" type is not required.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
But again, is it really necessary, is the question? I remember mentioning this somewhere, but why would we need a Light-type, and what point would it serve? What types would it be strong against, and what types would it be weak against? I suppose of GF wanted to introduce a new type, now would be better than anything else, especially if they're going to create a whole new arsenal of moves specifically for it, but still. All of our types are quite balanced as it is, so forgive me, I just do not see Light type happening. D:

With each new game released, the metagame shifts in some way. Gamefreak doesn't always add something to the games simply because they are necessary or have a purpose.

That was my Point. There is no "Darkness" Type..Thus, A "Light" type is not required.

You're implying that Gamefreak would only add a Pokemon type to counter current ones, rather than just spicing up the metagame or allowing for different kinds of Pokemon to be designed. This is kind of like saying that the Flying-type is only necessary and was only added to the games to counter Bug and Ground-types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back