• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Master Ball Usage?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Where should I use the Master Ball? I have caught Zygarde and am working on Mewtwo. I almost want to put it into the GTS to get Yveltal. (I'm playing X.) Or should I catch something stupid (EX: Feebas) with it and use other balls on the Legends?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
You can use it on whatever you'd like. In the older games I use to use it for legendary Pokemon if I was having a hard time with the other balls. I have seen people in Wonder Trade use it on stupid Pokemon and I sit there and wonder what the hell.

Years
I used it on Mewtwo because I found it hardest to catch of the three, and mainly planned Dusk Balls for Zygarde and Moltres (of course you get a different legendary bird depending on your Kalos starter). That could be what you could do as well.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I have been catching legendaries in balls that sort of match their colour scheme (so Dusk ball for Zygarde, Premier Ball for Reshiram, etc) so I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'd use it on a shiny that is in danger of escaping or knocking itself out. Right now I'm soft resetting for Lapras because I'm afraid if I friend safari it it will use perish song and I will then be forced to use my master ball.

Years
Still got my master Ball. Keep it if you want to go on shiny hunting cus you migth need it on pokemon with selfdestruct ability. I had situation when i Was catching basculin and i didnt know he could kill himself cus before i Was killing him too fast. He supposed to be my first shiny but he wasnt :/

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I personally never use the masterball because it seems like a copout in my eyes. I mean with how easy GF and Nintendo have made the games there has to be some challenge somewhere xD

But if you do want to use it Mewtwo would be the obv choice cause he is one of that hardest to catch

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
Years
This is a kind of dilemma that most of the trainers experienced.
Keeping it for one special Pok?mon that you like. Apparently, as
generations of Pok?mon keep on advancing and changing, we
end up having trouble to find reason to use our Masterball.

I started playing Pok?mon again April this year (the last version I
played was Pok?mon Crystal from Gameboy Pocket, a decade ago)
But to make the story short, I've traded all of my Legendaries
for Masterballs and use them to reclaim all the Mascot Legendaries
of all Generations using those Masterballs. IMO they all deserve it.
The rest of the Legendaries (as well as my fave Pok?mons) were
caught using Luxury Ball.

I was so motivated and ended up buying all the 4 6thGen Games
to make those Pok?mons carry my OT name and used the appropriate
Pok?ball for them.

Anyway, IMO it's up to the trainer when and how to use it. Doesn't
matter the reason behind other people's action why they choose
not to use it or use it. If you don't feel regret using it and satisfied with
what you have accomplished, then thats that.

Sadly, you can't transfer items from 6th gens to 7th gens so the only
option you have is either buy both games or avail Pok?bank (Pok?bank
is a kist if you are planning to transfer your Pok?s from older gen to 7th)
and delete your save and play start from scratch to havest Masterball.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The only one worth using it on in my mind is, as most people have said, definitely Mewtwo. That being said, I still have mine after catching him because it feels a bit like cheating to use it - guess I'll throw it at a Poliwag or something and make him king of the Poliwags :D

dudealmighty

The Very Best
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
I'd use it on a shiny that is in danger of escaping or knocking itself out. Right now I'm soft resetting for Lapras because I'm afraid if I friend safari it it will use perish song and I will then be forced to use my master ball.

This basically. I don't really use my Master Ball because ONE DAY I'll really need it and I won't have it.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
You can use it on whatever you'd like. In the older games I use to use it for legendary Pokemon if I was having a hard time with the other balls. I have seen people in Wonder Trade use it on stupid Pokemon and I sit there and wonder what the hell.

They're probably hacked pokemon, caught by trainers that hacked an almost infinite amount of master balls.

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen May 13, 2018
I used it on Mewtwo. For Zygarde and Zapdos (my Legendary Bird), I used a ton of Ultra Balls... although with Zapdos, I ran out of Ultra Balls and by some miracle he was caught with a Great Ball! :)

KingJay

That Guy
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2017
I prefer to not use it. I find it fun struggling to catch legendaries, it's a nice challenge and it's so rewarding when you finally catch something like Mewtwo. I'm also too in my head trying to make sure I don't use it prematurely so I have it later {XD}

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
Used mine on Mewtwo. I mean, he's like THE legendary pokemon. He would probably be really hard to catch otherwise.

Years
Oh, Master Ball, how you are so tempting to use on legendaries...

As been said, it's really up to you. I used to use the master ball to catch the harder legendaries, but since gen IV or so I've tended to keep in "just in case." Usually I never end up using it and it sits in my inventory to collect dust, but I like having it around just in case I get in a rare situation where I encounter a shiny pokemon and I'm too afraid of not catching it or KO'ing it. Hasn't happened so far.

But if you're not like me, then you might as well use it on Mewtwo or something else difficult to catch.

t0gekiss said:
I used mine on a Shiny Abra, just had to before it ran away.

This is the exact reason I save my master ball lol.

Guest123_x1

I haven't even gotten to the point in Y where I've gotten the Master Ball, let alone had a chance to use it. If I ever get far enough, I'll more than likely save it for Mewtwo, just like the gaming guides from the late 1990s and early 2000s told us to do in Red/Blue/Yellow.

Back