Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!

Male
UK
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
8.7 Years
I imported my background with the Press start button, it flashes in the correct colors but on the initial start of the screen there is a black bar instead of the press start that appears for a few milliseconds before displaying it correctly(this is in the same frame as the charizard being gray scaled). I'm using fire red 1.1, this is a very minor issue but not when you have ocd lol.
Do not resurrect the ultimate fossil Pokémon!
Mesozoic Mineral Version.
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
304 posts
11.4 Years
I imported my background with the Press start button, it flashes in the correct colors but on the initial start of the screen there is a black bar instead of the press start that appears for a few milliseconds before displaying it correctly(this is in the same frame as the charizard being gray scaled). I'm using fire red 1.1, this is a very minor issue but not when you have ocd lol.
First, use Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) instead of 1.1. Nearly all research on FR on this (and other) website(s) is based on Fire Red 1.0.

Second, Jiangzhengwenjz helped me fix the same issue you're having right now in Orange Islands. He can probably help you too;)

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!

Male
UK
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
8.7 Years
First, use Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) instead of 1.1. Nearly all research on FR on this (and other) website(s) is based on Fire Red 1.0.

Second, Jiangzhengwenjz helped me fix the same issue you're having right now in Orange Islands. He can probably help you too;)
It fixed itself when i added the title background and sprite at once. Does everyone really use 1.0 for rom hacking?, need more info as i'm about to start properly
Do not resurrect the ultimate fossil Pokémon!
Mesozoic Mineral Version.
Advertiser Content