• 44 replies

Kurapika

Male
Lavendar Town
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
880 posts
6.7 Years
Er, reading your SU again, I had a thought -- your character seems a biiiiit too overpowered. D:

Do you tink you can trim him down? Like advanced hearing, and agility.. doesn't really seem like a good fit for a pokemo nRP such as this.
Originally, the character is way more OP. Alright, I will do so more extra trimming.
G3T - GEN 3 TOOLS ( Windows / Android )

Female
CET
Seen September 12th, 2019
Posted April 5th, 2019
77 posts
2.6 Years
hey guys! i was just curious about our origins, and if you thought our characters would maybe know each other before even setting out? i listed everyone down here who (sounds like they) came from Sandgem Town, and their ages (in case they could've been classmates or something y'know). if anyone's missing or if i got anyone wrong please correct me
- Emmy (15) was born and raised in Sandgem and lived there all her life.
- Laura (17) has been in Sandgem frequently, shadowing professor Rowan to learn from him, but doesn't live there
- Ryan (17) has lived in Sandgem for the past year after struggling in school elsewhere
- Brendan (17) has been in both Twinleaf and Sandgem a lot due to his family owning establishments in each, but seems to have focused in Twinleaf
- Estelle (17) sounds like she was living in Sandgem all along as well i think?
- Soren (18) lived in Sandgem for the past 5 years as i've been told!
considering most are older than Emmy i'm going to assume she wouldn't be personally acquainted with any of the others, though she might be familiar with their faces at least, considering Sandgem isn't the largest of cities.
if anyone thinks they might know Emmy more personally (possibly through her brother Will, who's 18 and left on his journey ~2 years ago) you can hmu though!

how about your characters? any thoughts?

Jay

R I S E

Age 22
Male
Ireland
Seen July 25th, 2019
Posted April 7th, 2019
766 posts
4.6 Years
Soren has indeed been living in Sandgem for the passed 5 years, though he hasn't been very social. ~

He lives in a small house on the outskirts of town, didn't really talk to anyone else bar hellos on the street... and doesn't like to talk about his home life...

But it's definitely likely that those who live in Sandgem town would recognize him as "that guy who lives on the edge of town and carries a book everywhere" haha.

Pudding

[ alegría ]

Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
374 posts
2.9 Years
I actually never thought that aspect through.

Yes, Estelle was born and raised in Sandgem. It's a detail I definitely shouldn't have omitted. She definitely could have stumbled upon all of them. Were she to come across them she would recognize them, especially those in her age as a result of possibly being in the same classes growing up (which happen to be plenty).

I wouldn't mind at all having her recognize anybody as a result of past incidents or simply due to how frequently she came across them.

Spoiler:

• As a daddy's girl she was always seen stuck to him in her younger years.
• In school she always focused on being amongst the top in her class. Not that she was ever number one (somebody else always was). Or two.
• Her favorite place during her school years was the library, whether the school or town's.
• She didn't always have her current hair color. Dark brown is actually her natural hair color, but for her last birthday she opted for creamy platinum and... well, just really liked it and kept it.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,963 posts
9.5 Years
Spoiler:
hey guys! i was just curious about our origins, and if you thought our characters would maybe know each other before even setting out? i listed everyone down here who (sounds like they) came from Sandgem Town, and their ages (in case they could've been classmates or something y'know). if anyone's missing or if i got anyone wrong please correct me

considering most are older than Emmy i'm going to assume she wouldn't be personally acquainted with any of the others, though she might be familiar with their faces at least, considering Sandgem isn't the largest of cities.
if anyone thinks they might know Emmy more personally (possibly through her brother Will, who's 18 and left on his journey ~2 years ago) you can hmu though!

how about your characters? any thoughts?
Really awesome that you did this. In past RPs there has been people that have lived in the same town and same age, but have never known each other or seen each other at all. This has always slightly annoyed me a bit, but not enough to bring it up.

Which with big cities, I could see that being the case. Really glad you pointed this out though and thought I'd give you props for it, even though my character isn't from Sinnoh at all.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
10,495 posts
6.1 Years
Are you still accepting SU's?
We're full, I'm afraid!

Anywho, to the rest of you all, the next route is posted! You can claim missions here:

Chapter 1 - Route 202

Most trainer's first voyage is through Route 202. It is a route in southwestern Sinnoh, connecting Sandgem Town and Jubilife City. While the route is quite peaceful for trainers to travel through, in recent years, a wayward Ruin became discovered, a while away from a trail in the Route. Now, it became a significant place for researchers. On another trail leads to a certain grove. One can see a crowd is gathered up here -- this is the start of Sinnoh's very first Bug-Catching competition. What sorts of things will be in store for our trainers? Time will tell...

Available Pokemon (they can learn moves up to level 15):

Missions:
(missions are there for you to do in case you don't have any idea son what you wanna do. You do not have to do any of these missions, as you can also make up your own post for this route. But if you do, you can gain the awards that are featured! Claim a mission in the OOC.)

---

Major Missions:
(Some of these are missions that have a storyline, in parts, where anyone can join. Due note that there are certain conditions and restrictions from these, so make sure you read them properly!)

Wayward Traveler, Pegasus - Part 1

Pegasus is a strange, yet curious researcher, who lost his memory. He seeks the nearby ruins of this area, which is said to hold a certain secret... will you help accompany him, and protect him? How will you react to the Ruin's secret? (2-3 people only, JPing with the GM)

Reward: Mysterious Figure or A strange blue Egg or TM Ice Beam

The Bug-Catching Contest! - Part 1

Sponsored by Jublife, The First-ever Bug-Catching Contest in Sinnoh is on! All you have to do is catch one of the bug-type Pokemon below, to try and win prizes! You'll be judged on your posts -- mostly how you post your character catching a pokemon in this contest. (open contest, anyone can join)

Wild Bug-types in this competition

Prizes:

Ist: Sun Stone + Moon Stone + Honey + Ultra Ball
2nd: Ultra Ball + Honey
3rd: Honey

The Maiden of Light! - Part 1:

There seems to be a strange gathering of individuals who bear white, pure clothing. No one really knows about them. They keep preaching on about some sort of Maiden of Light that they worship... But beside that, they seem kind and dignified, and are seemingly challenging trainers to judge their strength. Will you challenge them? (open mission, anyone can challenge)

Reward: A strange white badge, shaped like a 8-pointed star

---

Minor Missions:
(Missions you can do for fun if you want to. You can also JP with people to share awards.)

Mission 1

The Fishing Guru: The Fishing Guru is a strange, eccentric man who has a fancy for fishing. However, some wild bug-type Pokemon have been pestering lately, and more is sure to come. Will you help him out?

Reward: Fishing Rod

Mission 2:

Uh-oh, it seems like a group of thugs are going around making trouble for the people around here. They all seem to be wearing black clothing with a green and intimidating looking dragon patterned on the back of their wear. Will you put a stop to them? They seem dangerous...

Reward: Great Ball

Mission 3:

A young boy seemed to have lack of confidence when a lass along with a group of friends looks down on him, for being a weak trainer. Will you give him the confidence he needs to be a strong trainer?

Reward: Honey

Mission 4:

A T.V. news crew from Jubilife City is around the area, interviewing new trainers. How will you react when they approach you? What sorts of things will they interview you about?

Reward: VIP Pass

IC Note: You can make up your own missions too. If you have something you wanna do that nets you an award you want, you can chat with me privately, and we can discuss it!

Next time... Jubilife City

Pudding

[ alegría ]

Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
374 posts
2.9 Years
Gonna go join Zack Ice and the GM with Pegasus if you guys don't mind me tagging along. Sounds like fun c;

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese

Age 25
Male
Nevada...ugh
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted August 10th, 2019
1,286 posts
8.5 Years
Ryan is gonna go help the Fisherman! o7
"Ever looking forward, ever thinking back. Everywhere you've been, everyone you've met was another step on your path, shaping your future even as they become part of your past. One must never discount the pieces that have made up your journey until now but to lose yourself in them would be equally great folly, instead let them hoist you up, carry you on until you find the strength to walk for yourself. So it is that I continue towards that endless horizon. Ever thinking back, ever marching forward, inexorable as the history that brought me down this road. This Lonesome Road."

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey

under your bed
Seen May 3rd, 2019
Posted February 17th, 2019
1,066 posts
6.4 Years
either gonna do the bug catching contest or just catch a poke sans mission. post should be within the next couple days :3
how happy is the blameless vessel's lot
the world forgetting by the world forgot
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
each prayer accepted and each wish resigned

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
590 posts
1.8 Years
I'll take mission 4! Violetta's ready for her close up! ^-^

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,963 posts
9.5 Years
I don't know if we can have 2 missions at a time, but since we are currently waiting to do the Ruins JP, I'll take on Minor Mission 2 with the thugs since I don't think anyone has claimed it yet.

If someone else wants it, I don't mind at all. It would just give me something to do while we wait.

Edit: Sorry I said Minor Mission 3, but I meant 2.

Cyaloom

Countless crossroads

Age 19
Male
Italy
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
223 posts
3.3 Years
weekend finally
Alright, I could help Evily with her quest (minor quest 3), then take on the Maiden of Light guys :]

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
10,495 posts
6.1 Years
Yeah, I'm really sorry but some of us moved on, and things for me are getting too busy to continue GMing properly... I'll probably remake this for the future, but right now, it's getting tougher to manage everything properly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but alternatively, if one of you guys want to take over as GM, feel free!
Advertiser Content