• 32 replies

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
629 posts
2.5 Years
What a great time to post this! Congrats Spherical Ice on releasing v.3.0 of Gaia! I want to remind everyone that Gaia is available to use as a ROMbase! I have permission from Spherical Ice to post these: http://prntscr.com/l5tu7m

Gaia (AMap) is for 3.0, but should work on 3.1, and Gaia 3.1 (PGE) is for 3.1. Enjoy!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,055 posts
11 Years
I tried it with the v3.0 ROM and the Pokémon and Egg Move editors are crashing on my end.
The rest of PGE's tools for Fire Red seem to be working correctly though.

I honestly didn't think Spherical would approve something like this, but it's pretty cool that he did. Considering how he made Gaia a public base, having some public .ini files compatible with it is pretty nice. Thanks Petuuuhhh :)

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
629 posts
2.5 Years
I tried it with the v3.0 ROM and the Pokémon and Egg Move editors are crashing on my end.
The rest of PGE's tools for Fire Red seem to be working correctly though.

I honestly didn't think Spherical would approve something like this, but it's pretty cool that he did. Considering how he made Gaia a public base, having some public .ini files compatible with it is pretty nice. Thanks Petuuuhhh :)
You're welcome! I have fixed the Egg Move Editor problem. I'll need Spherical Ice to give the offset of the Pokemon, since I just have been using Joexv's Advanced Offset to generate the .inis for PGE.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
629 posts
2.5 Years
Will the 3.1 PGE file work with Gaia 3.2?

I'm just asking because whenever I try to access the Pokemon I always crash with the error "InvalidArgument=Value of '4' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'".
It looks like everything works except for the Pokemon Editor. I don't know why it isn't working. The Pokemon are at that offset.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted January 21st, 2019
6 posts
1.3 Years
It looks like everything works except for the Pokemon Editor. I don't know why it isn't working. The Pokemon are at that offset.
It looks like Spherical Ice expanded the icon palettes. There are five now instead of three. The selected index error is for the icon palettes.

I updated my github fork of PGE to work with the expanded palettes, you can download the launcher here https://github.com/Dreuu/PokemonGameEditor/blob/master/GBAPokemonGameEditor/bin/Debug/PokemonGameEditor.exe. Just drop it into your current PGE folder. Or you could download the whole repository and run it from Visual Studio.

Add this line to the end of the ini 'IconPalCount = 5' and change NumberOfEvolutionTypes to 255 and it works for the most part. It looks like there is more going on than just expanded palettes, though. Most of the pokemon display the wrong palette in PGE. Also, some pokemon have a palette number outside the expanded palettes, like chameleon and vulpix.

I set it so their palette displays as the highest valid palette. I can't find any consistent pattern for how the palette is chosen, but it looks like a lot of pokemon use the palette that is half that of their listed palette. Ex: Bulbasaur uses 2 instead of 4, and charmeleon uses 4 instead of 8. And some pokemon don't have any palettes that look like they work, like the chikorita line.

There is also something going on with the evolutions. It looks like the data is longer than usual.

Paige

Age 30
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,069 posts
10.4 Years
Definitely gonna use this to aid in making pokemon easier to catch that I want like all available legendary's once you get the pokemon editor to work.

As for the a map ini where do I place that? Do I make a folder and place the rom and ini there?

Edit: I forgot to ask but does the a map ini work for 3.2?

Delta231

A noob

Male
India
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 18th, 2019
689 posts
3.4 Years
It looks like Spherical Ice expanded the icon palettes. There are five now instead of three. The selected index error is for the icon palettes.

I updated my github fork of PGE to work with the expanded palettes, you can download the launcher here https://github.com/Dreuu/PokemonGameEditor/blob/master/GBAPokemonGameEditor/bin/Debug/PokemonGameEditor.exe. Just drop it into your current PGE folder. Or you could download the whole repository and run it from Visual Studio.

Add this line to the end of the ini 'IconPalCount = 5' and change NumberOfEvolutionTypes to 255 and it works for the most part. It looks like there is more going on than just expanded palettes, though. Most of the pokemon display the wrong palette in PGE. Also, some pokemon have a palette number outside the expanded palettes, like chameleon and vulpix.

I set it so their palette displays as the highest valid palette. I can't find any consistent pattern for how the palette is chosen, but it looks like a lot of pokemon use the palette that is half that of their listed palette. Ex: Bulbasaur uses 2 instead of 4, and charmeleon uses 4 instead of 8. And some pokemon don't have any palettes that look like they work, like the chikorita line.

There is also something going on with the evolutions. It looks like the data is longer than usual.
There are 7 icon palettes in Gaia. I think the evolution data is repointed many times.
Seen 1 Week Ago
6 posts
1.3 Years
There are 7 icon palettes in Gaia. I think the evolution data is repointed many times.
Thanks for this! It turns out PGE doesn't actually read the icon palette pointer table. It uses an offset that reads sequential palettes. Gaia doesn't have each palette sequentially, so PGE can't read all of the palettes. I've updated my fork again to read the actual pointer table (but only if you add 'IconPointerTable2' to the ini, otherwise it works like it did before). Download the update, add 'IconPointerTable2 = 23C500' to the ini, and change IconPalCount from 5 to 7. The icons should work properly after that.

There are still pokemon with a palette index greater than 7 (Ex: charmeleon and groudon). It looks like their palette is correct, though. The palette pointer table actually has 12 entries, but the ones after the 7th just point to the 7th palette again.

Note: The egg move editor was mentioned earlier. I'm in the middle of changing the editor, and I haven't added repointing functionality yet. So if you use it, make sure you don't expand the table and save, as it will not repoint and will write over the data after the table. It should work fine if you don't expand the table, though. Still, I recommend just using the regular launcher for now.

Paige

Age 30
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,069 posts
10.4 Years
Thanks for this! It turns out PGE doesn't actually read the icon palette pointer table. It uses an offset that reads sequential palettes. Gaia doesn't have each palette sequentially, so PGE can't read all of the palettes. I've updated my fork again to read the actual pointer table (but only if you add 'IconPointerTable2' to the ini, otherwise it works like it did before). Download the update, add 'IconPointerTable2 = 23C500' to the ini, and change IconPalCount from 5 to 7. The icons should work properly after that.

There are still pokemon with a palette index greater than 7 (Ex: charmeleon and groudon). It looks like their palette is correct, though. The palette pointer table actually has 12 entries, but the ones after the 7th just point to the 7th palette again.

Note: The egg move editor was mentioned earlier. I'm in the middle of changing the editor, and I haven't added repointing functionality yet. So if you use it, make sure you don't expand the table and save, as it will not repoint and will write over the data after the table. It should work fine if you don't expand the table, though. Still, I recommend just using the regular launcher for now.
I can't get your deal to work, my computer keeps giving me an error when I download your fork(also my computer seems to think it is as a virus as well). With the regular pge and what you said to add to the ini I can at least edit the trainers no problem, it is editing the pokemon I still have an issue with and with what my first sentence says I don't even know if I'll even be able to edit the pokemon.

Delta231

A noob

Male
India
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 18th, 2019
689 posts
3.4 Years

The icons expansion are from this thread. Yes, Icon Palettes are 12 but the game only uses 7.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
629 posts
2.5 Years
I can't seem to get the AMap ini to work, I'm using version 1.92. I get an error when I try to access the new areas contained in the ini and the names of all pokémon are completely gibberish, can't even tell who is who.
I'm not sure if the A-Map .ini is even necessary. Try using the standard A-Map .ini

Paige

Age 30
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,069 posts
10.4 Years
I'm not sure if the A-Map .ini is even necessary. Try using the standard A-Map .ini
With the standard a map ini you can only see the pokemon from the first 3 generations after that each pokemon is blank. I already tested it with the standard ini.

As for the ini you provided I could never get it to work no matter what I did.

Seen August 18th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
41 posts
1.6 Years
With the standard a map ini you can only see the pokemon from the first 3 generations after that each pokemon is blank. I already tested it with the standard ini.

As for the ini you provided I could never get it to work no matter what I did.
You're gonna need a version of AMap with support to extended pokémon for that.
Seen 1 Week Ago
6 posts
1.3 Years
I was looking at the ini again, and the 'NumberOfEvolutions' setting at the bottom isn't named right. There's a 'NumberOfEvolutionsPerPokemon = 5' setting earlier in the ini that actually controls the number of evolutions. Also, there are apparently 16 evolutions per Pokemon in Gaia, so changing NumberOfEvolutionsPerPokemon to 16 instead of 5 fixes the problem in the editor.
Seen August 18th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
41 posts
1.6 Years
I was looking at the ini again, and the 'NumberOfEvolutions' setting at the bottom isn't named right. There's a 'NumberOfEvolutionsPerPokemon = 5' setting earlier in the ini that actually controls the number of evolutions. Also, there are apparently 16 evolutions per Pokemon in Gaia, so changing NumberOfEvolutionsPerPokemon to 16 instead of 5 fixes the problem in the editor.
Thanks!! That fixed. I just have one last issue now. I was adding Alola Pokémon to it but they are not registered on Pokédex, do you happen to know how to deal with that?
Seen August 18th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
41 posts
1.6 Years
Ok, so I just finished taking a look at the expanded evolution methods to figure out which one they are are in each slot and I've updated the ini accordingly for v3.2 in case anyone wants it, also including the palette fix. You'll have to use Dreuu's PGE launcher from this post above for it to work properly though.

PS.: At the moment the evolution in specific locations can't be correctly assigned in PGE yet. It seems the pointers for the map banks has been changed so it doesn't load the table as it should, if I figure out how to fix it or anyone esle does, I'll update the ini again.
Seen August 18th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
41 posts
1.6 Years
Thanks!! That fixed. I just have one last issue now. I was adding Alola Pokémon to it but they are not registered on Pokédex, do you happen to know how to deal with that?
Also managed to get a fix for that. Just open the ROM on a hex editor, go to offset 0x103920 and change D0 02 to the number of entries you want the pokédex to show minus 1 in hex endian form. So, if you want a full 809 pokédex for example, just put 28 03 at the offset. I should also advise that if you plan to expand the number of pokémon even further, don't as this will break how AdvanceMap reads the pokémon table. Gaia already has 998 pokémon slots, that should be enough. If you want Alola pokémon in the rom, just replace them for some alternate forms that the ROM doesn't even use anyway, like Arceus.

Edit: After extensive testing, I realized this makes the pokédex crash at some point, so it's of no use...
Advertiser Content